ADVERTISEMENT

Adidas Uprising. AAU

En4cr

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2002
Watching Championship game. What horrible basketball.. Definitely more of a fan of the high school summer season. I can watch this every day at the park.

I didn't see this game but I've watched a ton of AAU and most of it is disappointing if you enjoy solid basketball where the ball moves and people work all over the court. I think the truly gifted athletes also need gifted coaches who can see how far a kid can go if they are guided, and are willing to teach them to use all of their talents, even if it means putting their personal, short term ambition secondary to developing a team ethic. I would love to watch a group of athletic all stars who developed the ethic of putting themselves second and the team first. They'd all be better long term and those of us watching would greatly enjoy the spectacle.

Reactions: oak2sac
Mike Rhoades-Coach at Rice University after the AAU Vegas tourney.
"Attention players: when July period ends go to gym & learn how to shoot!!!! It's good 4u, ur game, ur team! Seriously! Make a shot!"

I agree the championship game was pretty awful to watch (bad basketball) but I think the prior game between Team Loaded NC and Indiana Elite was pretty high level.

The kid Dennis Smith Jr. is special. NBA point guard in the making. Plays within himself but still manages to be spectacular. Thought he read pick and rolls very well which bodes well for being a future NBA player. Jump shot probably needs some work (I think he only took 3 or 4 outside shots) and had a few somewhat careless turnovers but that is to be expected from a high school kid in an AAU game. Still he had to have 20-something points and about 10 assists. Not too shabby. Abedayo (spelling?) was a beast too. I hope for his sake he doesn't end up like a Cliff Alexander who can't just overpower/out-hustle people at the next level.

Indy Elite had a couple knockdown shooters, including Kyle Guy headed to Virginia.

Again, I agree completely that the actual championship game was not very good. I thought this one was though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT