Week 3 Sept 18 Washington-Fremont home 7:00

Week 4 Sept 25 Miramonte Home 7:00

Week 5 Oct. 2 Acalanes Away 7:00

Week 6 Oct. 9 Campolindo Away 7:00

Week 7 Oct. 16 Dublin Home 7:00

Week 8 Oct. 23 Dougherty Valley Away 7:00

Week 9 Bye

Week 10 Nov.6 Las Lomas Home 7:00

Armijo has no frosh team so Alhambra will be facing Benicia on Sept 10 home at 5:00

Alhambra has 18 players returning but only six starters for the Varsity

Alhambra should have a tough time with Rancho Cotate and won't be able to deal with Campolindo or Acalanes, Dublin and Las Lomas are question marks....

Thatoneguy1811.....you are right, except for Rancho Cotate and College Park, the two year contracts run out his year for the preseason games, hopefully Alhambra will schedule some tougher games for the 2016 season and also, the Bulldog's face a realignment...It will be interesting to see where Alhambra lands.

It will definitely be interesting if they stay in the dfal or kicked out... and I also think they will do fine in league i think they'll finish 2nd or 3rd

This post was edited on 4/16 7:58 AM by Thatoneguy1811

Reactions: BattleinTheTrenches
Thatoneguy1811.....you and I both, I don't want to see the Bulldogs leave the DFAL, but it could happen, the proposed realigment does not look good although at first it was a maybe....Alhambra played Cardinal Newman several years a go and took a beating...Taking on Pittsburg would be like jumping out of the frying pan into the first...The Pirates have too much speed and the last time Alhambra played Pittsburg was about 1956 and they lost 44-0...Armijp hasn't been able to field a good team for years and Washington has put together pretty good teams in the past and they are just down for another year or two.
College Park is going thru a down period, but Rancho Cotate is a real challenge....The real stumper here is, Alhambra took care of RC 47-35, but this game wasn't that close...But RC put all of their ducks in a roll and they game Las Lomas more then a game, winning 44-34, while Las Lomas shut out Alhambra 38-0..But this score doesn't tell the whole story...The Bulldogs should have scored three TD's and maybe more, but chose to pass in the red zone when the ground game was on the move and the Bulldogs managed to rack up several holding penalies and Alhambra went flat and the Knights took it too the Bulldogs.
Alhambra has a scrimmage with Wood of Vacaville, so this will be a real test, but last years JV team handled the bullpups, so we will see if the pups have taken the next step up......

It has already been settled and Alhambra will not be leaving the DFAL so much as expanding the DFAL to a larger league. and @bluedog I believe the Bulldogs do have more than 6 returning starters. The entire D-Line, 2 WLB's, a corner, and a safety. As for the offense they return 3 starting lineman as well as 1 rising junior whom started 2 games for them as well, so expect a stronger showing from the trenches of the bulldogs. They return their 2nd team all-league TE who was only behind none other than Tyler Petite. With a mobile QB and hard nosed runners in McCart and Beck, Alhambra looks to have the line, offensive firepower, yet lack the secondary as it seems every year. As for the Rancho argument, Alhambra dominated majority of that game and the score was not indictative of the closeness of the game. In RC's defense, it was their first game but that does raise question marks as to whether they looked down upon Alhambra or simply weren't prepared. Either way expect a strong fire to exact revenge @home next year where i believe all but one team has fallen for several years now (Cardinal Newman a few years ago). Very worried for the torching Taylor Yamanoha will unleash on the bulldogs secondary. Aside from that preseason game it will be interesting to see how the DFAL takes shape next year. I like Acalanes to throw Campolindo from the top and expect fireworks out of every game.

Right now it looks like the QB from the JV will take over, the kid has size and has a pretty good arm....Zach Elliott was the JV QB in his Soph year and went to defense last season and although he is a seasoned QB, I believe he will stay on defense as he know the position well.

Abraham, the tight end you speak of was a junior last season and is solid on both sides of the ball. From what I've heard your assumptions are right in that Zach Elliott will be playing defense next season but how taxing will it be to play both sides of the ball as a QB. Doubt it will happen all season so we will see. RC lost a very good NT who did not play in the meeting last year and as far as i know return their entire backfield and Yamanoha. Will be a solid test for the bulldogs.

Jos Abraham is the guy #8, this guy is going to make a big difference and Zach Elliott, I doubt will double over at QB, he will be valuable on defense, but the kid from the JV should fill the shoes at QB....Wow.....the whole back field for RC is coming back, not good...In order to keep Yamanoha out of the [picture, the defensive like will have to keep the RC QB on the run and I think they can do it...We will see..

@battle it is interesting to me that you have so much precise info and this is your first post. Just wondering where you would be so certain of these confirms you speak of

BEATENPATH2......That's a real good question, unless you are part of the coaching system or do the stats....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT