ADVERTISEMENT

Aliceah Hernandez makes move Cal. Sparks but what's going on with Nor Cal Sparks

Azanna

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2005
This move seems really strange to me and the question is “why”? Is the Nor Cal Sparks completely falling apart? Yes it's a good move for Hernandez but what's going on with the Nor Cal Sparks who for years has been a top tier program in the state. This weekend I watched their top team struggle to beat an all freshmen team a very good all freshmen team but never the less ALL FRESHMEN. Does anyone know what is going on over there? The sparks can't seem to get the players anymore and it seems to be spreading to the Sac. High team who has also lost several outstanding players, most notable Courtesy Clark

I've been thinking the same thing. Been a down few months going back to the first round playoff loss for Sac High. Anyone know where Courtesy Clark is going for club and high school?

I can't speak to Sac High, but I do know that her switch was probably so she had an opportunity to attend Nike Nationals. As a break out from Cal Sparks in LA, the Cal Sparks NorCal team isn't eligible to attend Nike Nationals. As a perk, they will take NorCal players to give them an opportunity to play.

Dont know where to start. Sparks Black team is pretty much Sac Hi. There are some players that wouldnt sniff the court on other local organizations middle teams but somehow playing for Sparks top team. Watched them play and saw a kid literally shoot airballs repeatdly, miss uncontested layups, clueless on defense but played enough to leave impression for Sparks Black.

Heard there was a brawl including a bunch of Sac Hi players in an alley back in April or May and those players were kicked out of program Clark included. supposedly some of those players are back playing for Sparks.

From what I and many others have seen there is a lot of talent on the younger Sparks team and most of the team is supposedly going to Sac. Not sure how that will work because Coach Messeri is known for making guarantees to parents regarding kids playing time. There will be kids on the HS team that wont deserve it, same as it is with the top AAU team for Norcal Sparks.

Sac consistently has kids who are selfish, bad acting, bad grades and no concept of team getting a ton of playing time. Honestly it all starts with the Brookside transfers and their Mom. The program has been in disarray since their arrival and it wont change anytime soon while they are leached into the program. If that cancer was gone Coach Messeri would be presiding over a high school powerhouse, instead of the joke it is now. No discipline = no success

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT