ADVERTISEMENT

Any reports from the Jesuit tournament......

Coach FJ

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
Who won, who played well, which teams played, who played who, sumptin

The usual suspects won: Folsom,Sheldon,PG, Jesuit, but good players sprinkled on other teams. A few up and coming freshman '18. Not my teams, but will buy tix now to see guard play of Folsom v Sheldon.

did not see a lot of teams cause the team I was watching (Nevada Union) only played Friday evening and early Saturday morning but I did observe some other teams play. Sheldon looked pretty good-blew out Granite Bay and beat Jesuit but it was a good game. Nevada Union won all 3 games on Friday, beating a tough Foothill team and had blowout wins against Sacramento Waldorf and Rio Americano. Granite Bay and Rocklin lost all 3 games on Friday and seemed to be struggling a bit. Granite Bay was missing their big guy who makes a big difference for them and Rocklin graduated most of their team this year. Saw Del Oro play and they were solid-won their first two games easily and had a chance to beat Sheldon but missed a last second layup that would have won the game. Foothill won 2 of their games on Friday, including beating Buchanan from Clovis. Davis high won both of their games that I saw on Friday-shot a lot of 3's and used a full court press most of the time. On Saturday Nevada Union beat Buchanan and then struggled with a pesky South Tahoe team before finally winning. In their third game Nevada Union easily beat Vacaville. I realize NU is still struggling to become a winning team but 2 years ago they lost every game at Jesuit and last year only won 1 game so to go 6-0 this year is a big improvement for them even though it is just June ball and doesn't really mean anything. Hopefully it is the beginning of good things for them this year. When I left Oakridge was beating Sheldon and Clovis West was beating Granite Bay. Did not see any games on Sunday.

The usual suspects won: Folsom,Sheldon,PG, Jesuit, but good players sprinkled on other teams. A few up and coming freshman '18. Not my teams, but will buy tix now to see guard play of Folsom v Sheldon.

Isnt Sheldon losing 3 guards? or 2.5? Theres nothing to see there. I am more interested in a Jesuit v Sheldon.

I know this.wasn't talking about losing them to graduation. I don't spread rumours so I won't comment on what I heard,but I heard it from 4 different ppl so I thought it was common knowledge already

I know this.wasn't talking about losing them to graduation. I don't spread rumours so I won't comment on what I heard,but I heard it from 4 different ppl so I thought it was common knowledge already

wow! If that really happens it will be devastating to their program which would be a shame since they are just recovering from their last problems.

FJ, I watched some games on saturday and there were some interesting things I heard. Apparently the twins from Sheldon transferred to Woodcreek. Tyus Milhoilin from OR was not with the team and people were saying he transferred to a boarding school. Matt Manning and Brooks from Sheldon both looked improved and very good.

Indeed a little interesting news on the transfer front; guess that means Browns not leaving Woodcreek.

as well as another Sheldon transfer and an Antelope transfer. CIF will get involved, Sheldon part2. and funny, one person is at the center of both of these fiascos.
Even if its all legit, there will be many complaints and an investigation. Instead of any kids getting punished there should be fines for the parents.

as well as another Sheldon transfer and an Antelope transfer. CIF will get involved, Sheldon part2. and funny, one person is at the center of both of these fiascos.
Even if its all legit, there will be many complaints and an investigation. Instead of any kids getting punished there should be fines for the parents.

now there's an idea...

All going to WoodCreek ?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT