ADVERTISEMENT

Aptos HS nonleague is very strong for D3 public school

NorCalSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2001
Blankenship has the Mariners playing a very strong nonleague schedule.

09/04/2015 Fri. 7:30 PM (H) Salinas H S
09/11/2015 Fri. 7:30 PM (H) Archbishop Mitty H S
09/18/2015 Fri. 7:30 PM (H) Bellarmine College Preparatory
09/25/2015 Fri. 7:30 PM (A) Palma H S , CA Rabobank Stadium
10/02/2015 Fri. 7:30 PM (A) Capital Christian School
10/16/2015 Fri. 7:30 PM (A) Santa Cruz H S
10/23/2015 Fri. 7:30 PM (H) Soquel H S
10/31/2015 Sat. 2:00 PM (A) Harbor H S
11/06/2015 Fri. 2:00 PM (H) San Lorenzo Valley H S
11/13/2015 Fri. 7:30 PM (A) Scotts Valley H S

Yes...they dropped Granite Bay (their only loss last year) for Capital Christian. Thy added Palma in place of Clovis East which they won. Bellermine and Mitty were added in place of Seaside High and Watsonville. I watched the Granite Bay game and Aptos held their own in the first half. GB wore them down. Aptos had good skill players and were scrappy but undersized. Aptos should be decent with what they return and strong frosh soph team, but probably not as good as last year. Still a very good D3 team.

With the new D3 playoff in CCS....Aptos, Palma and Sacred Heart Prep coul face each other twice. Valley Christian will be in the divivon as well. D3 in CCS should be a relatively strong D3 playoff next season.

Tough schedule for aptos. I would imagine they are going to opt up. This schedule could put them in the bottom of the seeding for D3. Very good chance they could have to play either Palma SHP or VC in the first round.

Tough schedule for aptos. I would imagine they are going to opt up. This schedule could put them in the bottom of the seeding for D3. Very good chance they could have to play either Palma SHP or VC in the first round.
Aptos is asking a lot, but they must think they have something...Palma is fourth down on the preseason schedule, so they may be well battle tested by then and will give them an idea of what they may be facing in the playoff's if they make it....

Blankinship is one of the top Wing T coaches in the state. They need to reload at QB and another couple skill positions, but they work hard in the off season. Line will be undersized, but should be a good D3 team. Not elite unless a big surprise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT