ADVERTISEMENT

Best 2 Sport athletes for 2016

H.E.A.T.

Hall of Famer
Nov 5, 2010
Matt Manning has to be at the top of the list as he leads the Sheldon Huskies toward there 5th SJS Championship and 6th finals appearance in the last 7 years. He was Second team Sac Bee all city.

In Baseball he was 1st team Sac Bee all city , verbal commit to LMU , and his Fastball regularly guns in the 90's. This past week he hit 96 on the gun in Los Angeles

I don't think it is much of a discussion for best two-sport athlete, especially with the improvement he has shown in basketball.

Aaron Banks (El Cerrito) is another one to look at. Very good at one sport (Foootball) and solid at the other one (Basketball)

Max Flower of Campolindo is coming off a state championship in football as stud WR and already has verbally committed to Cal for baseball.

Manning could play low D1 or high D2 in hoop. Very solid player. Flower could realistically play big time football if he went that direction. Not many 6"4 215 wide outs at the HS level like him. Asiasi would be another 2 sport athlete who could play at both levels but he didn't play hoops last year which I was really bummed about. Maybe this year with Alloco gone? I don't know…. Sad that we don't have more kids playing 2 sports.

I read that nearly every women on that world cup champ team played and excelled at multiple sports in HS. Somehow there is a taboo now that if you don't specialize life will leave you behind. Just not true.

Believe Tiegen Jones (Capital) has 3 section rings already: basketball and football. He is outstanding in both.

I do not even think it is close. Jonah Williams is the number 2 shot putter in his class in the entire state. He is 6 overall in the state last year. He is also probably the highest rated football prospect in the Northern part of the state and arguably the highest in the state at his position. No disrespect to Manning or other candidates but I do not see anyone who has excelled in two sports on a state wide basis like Williams.

HEAT,
Glad to see you are back after that romping I gave you last season. I look forward to beating you again this year. #BullDogNation

Hey TROLL, read the first line of the original post. Didn't it say …Sheldon Huskies toward their 5th SJS Championship and 6th finals appearance in the last 7 years……It all starts on DEC 2 Folsom At Sheldon. SCOREBOARD

Reactions: Dgdollaz
HEAT,
Apparently you can't read. You LOST last year to us. Then you choked at home against an inferior opponent.

I can't wait to own you again in December.

#BullDogNation #WeAreBetterUpHere

Matt Manning just returned from Jupiter Florida as the Most outstanding pitcher for the Evoshield Canes(Salem North Carolina) in the Perfect Game 2015 WWBA world Championships.

Matt pitched 2 innings in his first outing striking out 6. He followed that up with 8 strikeouts in 5 innings in the semifinals. Game was called due to run rule

Austin Stiles from Ceres high is blowing up in football as wr this year. Had a visit with Cal last weekend. He did well in summer hoops this summer and has some interest from some small colleges in hoops.

Good call on Mercado, is he getting any love for either sport at the next level?

Stanford bound Andrew Daschbach from Sacred Heart Prep has to be near the top of this list

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT