ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Ashley signs with Mavs

TwitterLegend

Sports Fanatic
Apr 17, 2015
Happy for Brandon Ashley after going undrafted.

2 years in a row that highly touted Norcal guys entered the draft early and went undrafted (Jabari Brown). And it looks like both will end up playing in the NBA regardless. Good for them. Nothing is easy in this world. Having to work for it makes it that much sweeter.

Reactions: Dgdollaz
Kudos to Brandon and Jabari. It's a hard road no matter how you get to the league, but going the undrafted route is one of the hardest.

Kudos to Brandon and Jabari. It's a hard road no matter how you get to the league, but going the undrafted route is one of the hardest.
Hopefully these kids, or maybe more accurately, the people around them, will notice what's happened and stay an extra year or two. From a couple of NBA people I talked to, Ashley would have likely been a first rounder if he had stayed another year.

Many scouts thought he was a first-round pick LAST YEAR if he hadn't broken his foot... hypotheticals

I agree with Twitter legend. His stock was higher before his injury. Ironically I believe it was in front of the home town at CAL when he broke foot. In either event I'm happy for the kid. He could be a solid role player in the league because he's fairly versatile.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT