ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Brookside

Azanna

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2005
winning is how you shut all the Haters up, now go win a state title. Not many people walking around with a CIF State Title.

Brookside already has won. This will be nothing new for them. Piedmont has a couple also and that was back when the best teams stayed in their division.

Congrats to Brookside and all the teams that made it to the NorCal finals -- and especially those, like Brookside, that advance to the state championships.

Considering you can win a state title in Delaware by beating out 40-some schools of varying sizes, or you can be a state champion in Wyoming, which has a smaller population than Contra Costa County, getting to Sleep Train and American Canyon on Saturday is great achievement.

And winning is even more impressive, regardless of what happens at Haas next week.

Clay the Hater

It sounds like a lot of hatred in the mind to today. Maybe your teams that you want to win state should go to Delaware where the can win state because the are a little be slow pace game. Maybe Wyoming would be a better fit for your teams. See I knew you would say something smart today because you thought MM was going to beat SMS. SMS played locked down defense with the Box And 1 with Cayton. and with MM scramble defense didn't work try to stop penetration from the guards to kick to a wide open Tudor for 3's all day. Don't worry same result the next few years but keep your head up one it might not happen in the near future!!!!!!!!!

Like I said before speed and quickness with talent wins games ever time. Look at almost all the teams from Norcal that are playing on this coming Friday and Saturday have a ton of speed !!!!!!!!

If I wrong about his post I'm just wrong because Delaware and Wyoming is just a bad example !!!!!!!
This post was edited on 3/23 3:03 PM by RespectBBGame

I find your message odd Respect/Baller. I did not take anything Clay said as hate but yet you continue to make hateful comments about mm. Now, I took a jab at BC for getting this far, albeit watered down with SMB and Salesian in the Open. Of course when Piedmont won their titles they went through everyone. I took the jab out of jest toward Luv/hate the game but my point is factual. Your points are always baseless full of hatred.

More on to SMS, I definitely think Tutor has earned the Stock Record MVP as she was the best player on the best team and played the best when the stakes were at the highest. I also think Tom G proved to you haters and doubters that he can coach. He took a young team with limited prior experience and trained them and molded them into great basketball players and even a a better basketball team in a relatively short period of time. That is a credit to him and his staff.

Nor Cal Scout

I guess your are forgetting 5 players have been trained by the same person and out of the 5 there are 2 starts and 1 in the eight man rotation. These players was already playing at a high level coming in but Tom put them in right spot to help the team. AAU was a great place to prepare these players for the high level of play that hey are playing right now. They had no pressure coming because of all them long days of training for high school.

If Brookside wins what will your say then??? You will probably say because Salesian or SMB wasn't there!!!!

I did not know that. My kids played AAU but I am not a big fan. Who was their trainer? I am sorry but I am not in the loop on any of the teams, trainers etc.

you need to learn how to read, or better yet how to comprehend. Clay was saying that it was a great accomplishment for anyone to get to that level. But maybe they skipped that in your second grade reading class. People gonna hate, hate, hate. Here's the thing...Clay comes on here and for the most part, tells it like it is. I know a lot of people don't always agree but he always backs things up and everybody knows who he is. Is he biased? Of course..we all are biased!

But to come on here and call him a hater when all he did was congratulate Brookside is just absurd. You're actually the hater...go crawl back in your hole. lol

Norcal fun

Say like it is or what he want people believe??? So saying Brookside Would win all the divisions in Delaware and Wyoming is a complainant ? Give me a break cover man ?

Women Basketball is going through some changes right now at all levels. Think about yester years when the ABA and the NBA became one. Before the new NBA people thought that all the NBA players was the best in the world and the ABA couldn't play at the level. Once the join together they learn it wasn't true at all that they was equal. The game went from being slow and methodical to fast and loose. The same thing is happening in women college basketball today even with UCONN. They are one of the fastest and quickest talent college team right now.

So with all this is saying people try to make people better then they are but in the end they are equal. The other thought is change is good and for the better of the game of Basketball.
This post was edited on 3/23 10:56 AM by RespectBBGame

Nor Cal Scout

I find you odd your living in the pass back when ?!?! Your Sad I get that !!! your team is out I get that !!! but let's keep it real Piedmont made it to the Nor Cal finales they played hard BROOKSIDE was much better with 6 players by far that game was never close !!! In the preseason and on Saturday ??? Why do you dislike BROOKSIDE to the point your looking like you need some counseling "mental" Let it go it's going to be okay !?!?

Nor Cal scout

Let me tell you another one that some people don't know. Norcal"s 3 out of the 6 teams going to State has 12 kids that play with each other on the same AAU team and 9 of them are starters. That is amazing thing don't your think!!! All this players can play in any teams offense with a little tweak here and there. Good Luck To ALL The Teams In Norcal in the State Championship Games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't dislike Brookside. I don't like you. I think you are a hater. Living in the past and the present. Should I not be proud of two state championships? Should I not be proud we made it to the finals as the #6 seed? Should I not acknowledge a team that beat us by 31 was not in d4 and that I feel that watered down the bracket? Should I not say that SC is a good team and that it will be a good game? Tell me what part I am supposed to omit. Or what if I just add a bunch of question marks and exclamations points, does that my point better???????!!!!!

Respect - what trainer do they train with? I don't keep up with the AAU teams. Back in the day... wait I am living in the past it was North Coast Express. After that it turned messy.

I don't see Clays comments as negative/hating in any way....there are 1275 HS girls teams in Calif (according to maxpreps).

He is in fact giving Brookside a HUGE compliment.....he compared a state championship in Delaware (40 teams) or Wyoming (smaller population than the entire CCS section) to a state championship in Calif...and basically said there was NO COMPARISON and what Brookside has done is a great achievement.

Again, I don't understand how what CLAYK said can be construed negatively in anyway.

Nor Cal Scout

It's about Who you don't like that makes you not like Brookside ? In your past post you mention Coaching !?!? That could be your problem you said that the team never got better ??? But here we are Playing for the state title ,,,,who cares watered down pumped up ??? Brookside is playing Saturday Morning 10am @ Cal Berkeley your welcome to come ?!?! Please put that haters hat on so we know who you are ? I'm going to have on all blue - white Brookside hat.

This post was edited on 3/23 6:21 PM by luvthegame21

I will be there! Speed kills. They will win by 15. I am not sure what I wearing as of yet, should we match? Blue White hat it is!

Originally posted by RespectBBGame:

Clay the Hater

It sounds like a lot of hatred in the mind to today. Maybe your teams that you want to win state should go to Delaware where the can win state because the are a little be slow pace game. Maybe Wyoming would be a better fit for your teams. See I knew you would say something smart today because you thought MM was going to beat SMS. SMS played locked down defense with the Box And 1 with Cayton. and with MM scramble defense didn't work try to stop penetration from the guards to kick to a wide open Tudor for 3's all day. Don't worry same result the next few years but keep your head up one it might not happen in the near future!!!!!!!!!

Like I said before speed and quickness with talent wins games ever time. Look at almost all the teams from Norcal that are playing on this coming Friday and Saturday have a ton of speed !!!!!!!!

If I wrong about his post I'm just wrong because Delaware and Wyoming is just a bad example !!!!!!!
This post was edited on 3/23 3:03 PM by RespectBBGame
Let me try again: Congratulations to Brookside Christian for a tremendous achievement.

Now, I will also congratulate every other team that made it to state, and in fact made to the NorCal finals. That kind of success is the product of an enormous amount of effort on the part of everyone involved in the program.

Pico has done a wonderful job at two schools, and though Sierra Canyon is the favorite, his Oakland Tech teams weren't favorites when they won two in a row.

You might want to check with Pico and ask him if I'm a hater of his teams and programs. We go back a ways, and in fact coached against each other when he was at University Prep.

I do have to say that it's pretty amazing the way you manage to turn everything into a negative. It's a shame you can't take a compliment as a compliment and insist on tearing down people you don't like.

Luv -

I see you found the rock I was under. Brookside had a great season, congratulations on the NorCal championship.

winetot

Yes its been a long season for Brookside nobody gave them much of a chance !!! My rock was small It didn't take long to crawl out !?!? Lol NorCal represented very well congratulations too all the teams that made it. AAU time now !!! but im looking forward to next season. I know CN will be their Good luck this summer.

I am actually not a CN person. My daughter's team was beaten by both of you guys this year so I had an opportunity to see both teams play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT