ADVERTISEMENT

De La Salle-College Park rematch set

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Division I De La Salle vs. College Park June 6 2:00 PM at St. Mary's College

De La Salle beat Amador Valley 7-6 ( Four pitchers saw action for DLS, but not Hooper)
College Park beat Monte Vista 4-0 (DeMers threw four innings and MacIver threw the final 3)

Division V Head-Royce vs. Branson June 5 5:00 PM College of Marin

Head-Royce beat Clear Lake 7-3 (undefeated run over for Clear Lake)
Branson beat Redwood Christian 4-3 (Branson is the 3rd MCAL team to make a section final)

I'm pretty sure Demers threw the last four. Curious why Brown didn't throw? Maybe the split Saturday with Brown starting to give a distinctively different look?

So DeMers gets up to 18 outs Sat. at SMC. Congrats to him on Gatorade CA POY. Does the Dela ace have a CG this year?

I'm pretty sure Demers threw the last four. Curious why Brown didn't throw? Maybe the split Saturday with Brown starting to give a distinctively different look?

Correct. DeMers did throw the last four. I was thinking the same thing about Chris Brown.

Hooper threw a CG against College Park last time out.

Brown hasn't pitched in several weeks. He must be injured. CP made it this far without their #2 starter. Should be a good game today.

Mcal has ncs d2 crown d3 playing in the finals d4 crown and d5 crown already

College Park won the NCS championship 5-2 today. DLS got a run early off CP starter MacIver, who then gave way to Demers in the 2nd. DeMers struck out 10, and allowed 1 run in the final 6 innings in his final high school game.

Hooper had a sore arm and was not available. DLS did load the bases with 1 out twice against the state player of the year, but the 1st time he picked a pinch runner off 1st, and then struck out the batter. The final time was in the 7th inning when the Spartans had the winning run at the plate and a walk off home run was a possibility, but DeMers bore down and ended the threat, and with it the season.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/bre...6/ncs-baseball-college-park-beats-de-la-salle

Can anybody who was there tell me if with the bases loaded and only one out - did Demers pick the guy off first base while he was in the windup with a right-foot step back p/o move or was Demers in the Stretch position - while looking at second - and his first-baseman back-dooring the runner.

Or, was it just the traditional p/o at first? ( I doubt it because Demers said "we practice that play every day".

Thanks in advance.

Can anybody who was there tell me if with the bases loaded and only one out - did Demers pick the guy off first base while he was in the windup with a right-foot step back p/o move or was Demers in the Stretch position - while looking at second - and his first-baseman back-dooring the runner.

Or, was it just the traditional p/o at first? ( I doubt it because Demers said "we practice that play every day".

Thanks in advance.

I really wasn't paying that close attention to it to see it develop. I believe DeMers was in the stretch and the first basemen came in behind him, but not positive. I just know the first base coach was not a happy fellow when his pinch runner was picked. He had nowhere to go with the bases loaded, but was probably antsy to get a good jump to help prevent a double play. On a prior play earlier in the game the CP catcher MacIver threw behind the runner at 1st as the first basemen snuck in behind him and they appeared to have clearly gotten him according to a large portion of the crowd (all but the DLS partisons), but the umpire didn't see it that way. CP was hitting the ball hard all day, much different than the first game at Cal a month ago when Hooper was healthy and dealing.

DeMers ends a legendary HS career with an incredible 44-5 record on the mound with a 0.76 ERA in 54 career appearances, and a .382 average with 13 HRs in 330 career ABs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT