ADVERTISEMENT

DeLa - Riordan 7 on 7

Good info Jordan - the 6'2 soph looks promising for Riordan and could be a huge team asset if capable at the soph level. WCAL soph QB's who actually start are rare & usually very good athletes.

Good info Jordan - the 6'2 soph looks promising for Riordan and could be a huge team asset if capable at the soph level. WCAL soph QB's who actually start are rare & usually very good athletes.
Starting QB job this season is Jack Luavasa's as the soph should start at JV's to get his reps. Unless Coach Fordon goes the way that Serra and DeLa go and give sophs the opportunity to play varsity if they earn it through their offseason participation and performance.

Starting QB job this season is Jack Luavasa's as the soph should start at JV's to get his reps. Unless Coach Fordon goes the way that Serra and DeLa go and give sophs the opportunity to play varsity if they earn it through their offseason participation and performance.
Riordan is not talented enough to let a talented soph sit.

Riordan is not talented enough to let a talented soph sit.
NCSF, I would have to agree as they have been at the bottom of the league for so long. Will be interesting to see the program develop under Fordon's direction.

jordan - is it possible for Luavasa to play another position? Last year he was listed at 6'2 - 215 & likelt a little heavier this season. Luavasa is certainly big enough to play tight end, DE or LB it would seem if he has the toughness. Given 2 QB's of similar size with one a soph & the other a senior it would make sense to make some position adjustments or try the 2 alternating during pre-season [as Bells did for 1/2 the season in 2014].
I agree I'd like to see Travis Benham get the reps at JV level if he is simply going to sit at varsity level. Somehow though I don;t see that happening with the 6'2 player I watched onn your video. JV & varsity are worlds apart and get the youngster started on varsity this season - invaluable experience.

Riordan in 2014 clearly was better than their 1-9 record IMO [which I've stated before]. The pre-season schedule was tougher and Riordan lost 3 close games that were within a TD, incl. a 14-7 loss to eventual CCS Open Champ SHP. For 2014 Riordan was close to taking a step to the next level as a high school football program. With a little "tweeking", some changes on offense schemes and slightly better D they may see the turn-around in 2015.
I'll touch more upon this soon in the the WCAL thread this upcoming week & I do think 2015 does look promising for the Crusaders.

Reactions: jordan24
...and so it begins for the 2015-16 season.

Delusions of grandeur after a couple of jackrabbits make some catches against DLS in a 7-7 summer passing league...The sky's the limit, eh?

Yeah...Neither of you are claiming an upcoming WCAL title or being able to run circles against DLS, but you were just itching to make this post just because a few of your kids had a few good throws/catches. Reminds me of the next door parent who was just soooo proud that their kid finally got 2 A's on his report card....

U67OJYT.jpg

Last edited:
And so it begins.....Ted has crawled out of his mom's basement to jump on something....anything Riordan related. Unfortunately, his poor coworkers will have to hear about it for the next 4 months or so.

Reactions: Defense_Rules
That's just Ted's thing & how he gets his laughs. I don't take the posts seriously & some of them are pretty funny. I'll start up the WCAL thread this week and try to evaluate the teams independently & as fairly as I can. Every few years the WCAL seems to have a swing one way or another and usually at least one team surprises. Last season the Bells had few returning starters, were small physically and ended up in the CCS Championship after beating HUGE & undefeated Milpitas in the semi-final. Just goes to show anything is possible with good coaching & execution.
Guess which playoff team was the only one smaller physically than Bellarmine?

And so it begins.....Ted has crawled out of his mom's basement to jump on something....anything Riordan related. Unfortunately, his poor coworkers will have to hear about it for the next 4 months or so.

What did you expect?

...Just doing my job as the NCP's friendly neighborhood anti-jackrabbit fan....Someone's gotta do it.

That's just Ted's thing & how he gets his laughs. I don't take the posts seriously & some of them are pretty funny. I'll start up the WCAL thread this week and try to evaluate the teams independently & as fairly as I can. Every few years the WCAL seems to have a swing one way or another and usually at least one team surprises. Last season the Bells had few returning starters, were small physically and ended up in the CCS Championship after beating HUGE & undefeated Milpitas in the semi-final. Just goes to show anything is possible with good coaching & execution.
Guess which playoff team was the only one smaller physically than Bellarmine?

SHP

What did you expect?

...Just doing my job as the NCP's friendly neighborhood anti-jackrabbit fan....Someone's gotta do it.

Don't forget about their "thumpers" coming up from their 2-8 JV team and those super-sophs from their 1-8 Frosh team that gave up 38 ppg.

Irish, so how did your super jr rb, wr and o-lineman along with your sr stud qb fare in league the past two seasons?

Ah.... That's L A S T season...
Sacred Heart Cathedral has not won a game in two years. Based on stats, they are the worst football program in the WCAL. They are a girls school trying to hang on to a male school identity. They hired Peralta and it was supposed to be the new beginning. Even he can't get a win in league. Irish Cheers will be celebrating the sacred heart Cathedral modern dance and volleyball wins for the third straight year.

Yes. It was. Looking forward to the annual Irish-Crusader clash.

Unofficially, the Riordan game will be the 900th SHC game in history. But there's a chance I missed some. There were two SI games nobody knew about until recently, plus a game vs. St. Mary's College in 1893.

Proverbs (26:4-5):

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him. Answer a fool as his folly deserves, Lest he be wise in his own eyes.

Too bad there's no verse about complete idiots.

Last edited:

Very good 2wcats! Yes an under-sized Bellarmine team beat the biggest CCS team in all the playoff brackets & the only smaller team was the Sacred Heart Prep Gators - which lends itself to even more of an astounding accomplishment than most fans realize - an under-sized & under-manned team plowing through numerous recognized & highly respected HS football team programs incl. Los Gatos [which pummeled Serra the week prior]. I must admit I would have loved to view an SHP vs Milpitas game as that would have featured the biggest team physically against the smallest team physically which would of course would have also of disposed of the Serra vs Milpitas drama.

Yes. It was. Looking forward to the annual Irish-Crusader clash.
I was actually thinking Ronan Murphy would be a running back to complement Jamar Williams-Sheppard, but he did well as a receiver. The QB was under-utilized big time.

From what I hear, there's another good freshman class coming in. At least three sophs will be on the varsity this season. (I'll ask Ted about any new "thumpers").

Coach Fordon and his young staff are making an impact as I hear the Crusaders have a pretty good incoming class. Will be interesting how this season develops at all levels...

Last edited:
After this season, Fordon will have his work cut out for him. Peralta of Sacred Heart has done a good job of recruiting youth football players to his program. Once Riordan's senior class graduates, Fordon will have to figure out a way to get those kids. Riordan will once again have to loosen the purse strings to get the athletes in.

And lest anyone think smoke is being blown around here.....De La Salle beat the brakes off Riordan in the 7 on 7. As expected.

PurpleHaze, the great predictor from last summer and General Lee's butt wiper. Peralta is "recruiting football players"? What does "beat the brakes off" mean?

Has General Lee been asked back, at a reduced role, in the football program? Is he still on faculty ?

Last edited:
Peralta is "recruiting football players"?

Peralta has opened camps, contact and non-contact to bring in players essentially to scout and take notes. Sacred Heart has loosened purse strings for football players that in the past was reserved only for basketball players.

What does "beat the brakes off" mean?

It means De La Salle thoroughly outclassed Riordan in 7 on 7 action. I'm not sure how much simpler I can say that. If you still don't understand, we'll just have to move on.

PurpleHaze, try to avoid making up nonsensical, 'never heard by any other human being before' redneck phrases like "Ran the brakes off". How do you know how well they did or are you just assuming because they played DLS?
The chatter is Lee might be involved in frosh football at the almost all girls school shC.

I know you're not talkin Cheers....as bad as Riordan has been, they've made the little green men their b!tch.
I guess I should remember the three flukes by the purple people out of the past 10 games, all by less than a TD.

Last edited:
Just curious How is the Sanders kid at Riordan? He's the little RB but can fly I hear.

Just curious How is the Sanders kid at Riordan? He's the little RB but can fly I hear.
Sanders was a starter last year and averaged ~100 yds/gm in games played. He is small in stature/weight, but is a good blocker on passing downs and has very good hands as he plays slot in empty backfield formations. Definitely can take it all the way as he had numerous 50+ yd td runs. His durability is a concern over the course of the season as he has no problems running inside, so Fordon will need to put him in situations to take advantage of his breakaway speed. He got injured last year against VC early on and sat out the Serra and Bellarmine games.

PurpleHaze, try to avoid making up nonsensical, 'never heard by any other human being before' redneck phrases like "Ran the brakes off". How do you know how well they did or are you just assuming because they played DLS?
The chatter is Lee might be involved in frosh football at the almost all girls school shC.

FUBO, you were the only one who didn't understand. But I sincerely doubt this is the first time everyone had to wait for you to catch up.

I know, because I witnessed it.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
FUBO, you were the only one who didn't understand. But I sincerely doubt this is the first time everyone had to wait for you to catch up.

No, really...Who the hell uses terms like "Ran the brakes off"??? I originally ignored the corny comment since I figured you were an individual with "special needs."

eqCuiZO.jpg

I've always known you've had these latent feelings about me....You really want me to spank my monkey...throttle the one-eyed trout, don't you?...Go ahead...beg me...

Sanders was a starter last year and averaged ~100 yds/gm in games played. He is small in stature/weight, but is a good blocker on passing downs and has very good hands as he plays slot in empty backfield formations. Definitely can take it all the way as he had numerous 50+ yd td runs. His durability is a concern over the course of the season as he has no problems running inside, so Fordon will need to put him in situations to take advantage of his breakaway speed. He got injured last year against VC early on and sat out the Serra and Bellarmine games.
Thanks for the info!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT