ADVERTISEMENT

DLS 2015 Schedule

renegades10

Hall of Famer
Jan 26, 2009
At Texas Team (will be Euless Trinity, just finalizing stadium)
At Serra
Orange Lutheran
Servite
At Granite Bay
San Ramon Valley
Long Beach Poly
Del Oro
James Logan
Cal

Only 3 road games on the year is a bit interesting. But schedule is definitely a step up. A bit surprised that the DO series is continuing. And figured that DLS might've looked to another WCAL team, but Serra has given them some good games in the past. Anyone know how good GB will be next season?

Little surprised they didn't try to cancel a game and have another national game. They should be really good since they were a year away last year.

HAS- They play a Texas power and two outstanding Socal programs along with a couple above-average programs in the Sac area. This is still high school football and I think we are losing a little perspective. These kids still need to go to school Monday-Friday. I love watching but I think it's getting a little crazy.

Looks solid to me. A marquee Texas matchup, two Trinity League teams, the best NFL-pedigree high school program in the country, a WCAL team, and two top SJS teams.

Not too many teams out of state would be that big of an upgrade schedule-wise over any of those SoCal teams. That schedule, along with the State game they're likely going to be in, is plenty strong enough to win a national title.
This post was edited on 1/26 11:31 AM by Hatchball

Very good schedule. I like it a lot. Only 3 NCS teams is a bit odd, but I like that they are going outside their own section for tougher games - even if they don't get it.

I gotta say I'm baffled that Folsom didn't get themselves on the schedule. According to Coach Richardson, they tried hard to get a game last season. Considering that both Del Oro and Granite Bay both got on the Spartans schedule this year, you'd have to believe the Bulldogs could have had one of those spots had they wanted it. That's quite disappointing. I realize that Browning is gone now, but DO and GB don't seem to fear playing that game without a marquee QB or knowing that they'll field one of the better teams on the whole.

Originally posted by HAS:

Little surprised they didn't try to cancel a game and have another national game. They should be really good since they were a year away last year.
.....Ditto that !!

My sources said they were exploring either going to the Don Knotts' Paul Bunyan Bowl in Bemidgi, Minn or trying to finally get in the up and coming showcase, The Dollyland Ta-Ta Prep Jamboree in Tennessee this year.......
Well maybe next year if one of these matchups doesn't work out.....

Call me crazy but I have them going undefeated next year. It will be scary watching how good Asiasi is in another season.
Great schedule. It is just HS football but then again we are talking DLS.

With a traveling schedule like this and who DLS is playing.....can you imagine just how many more kids are going to ask their parents if they can go to DLS......This is recruiting with out recruiting....Serra,Granite Bay and Del Oro will field a better team for the 2015 season, but it won't make any difference....The Spartans are going to be tough for the 2015 season...

Originally posted by renegades10:
At Texas Team (will be Euless Trinity, just finalizing stadium)
At Serra
Orange Lutheran
Servite
At Granite Bay
San Ramon Valley
Long Beach Poly
Del Oro
James Logan
Cal

Only 3 road games on the year is a bit interesting. But schedule is definitely a step up. A bit surprised that the DO series is continuing. And figured that DLS might've looked to another WCAL team, but Serra has given them some good games in the past. Anyone know how good GB will be next season?
...'gades ....are the road games for certain? Servite travelled to Concord this past season. Also, though the Logan game was played at the Santa Clara 49'rs Levi Stadium in place of the Jesuit game. If I remember correctly it was scheduled also as a home game for the Spartans. It would normally be that those 2 games would be away games this season.
Always happy for more home games.

Kudos to SRV, Logan and Cal for continuing to schedule the Spartans, even though they might face them again in the NCS playoffs. Foothill was on their schedule for 1 year and then off again now that their out of area studs have graduated. MV a shell of the program they were just a few years back prior to 2010. Pitt awaiting a probable NCS matchup as they should be the heavy favorite to face DLS in the finals again in 2015.

Good schedule for Sparty. It was a good idea not reupping on Byrnes. 7 home games plus likely a few more in the playoffs and possibly the state Open in NorCal?

The schedule is awesome

You can nitpick anything, but this is by far the strongest regular season schedule DLS has ever put together and remember there weren't SBGs until '06 and this year DLS ought to get two elite teams at the back end, not just one

Starting with a top 10 national team in TX in Week 0 (historically a little iffy for DLS) is a huge hurdle

Ending it with a top 10 national team (whoever emerges as the Pac5 champ most likely) is a huge hurdle

There's plenty in between:

2 Trinity teams: OLu and Servite -- OLu is expected to contend for title (and, thus, Pac5); Servite expecting an off-year, but not backing off over-scheduling (have DLS AND BG and the Trinity league)LBP -- most players in NFL history, maybe SoCal's #2 team of SBG era (behind CC)2 SJS power schools: Probably would have been best received as "Folsom and Grant", but does anyone know if those two are better than GB and DO next year?Serra -- may be the only CCS team that's willing to play them -- Bells "assigned" the last two years of their deal to Serra in '13/'14, so this game is a new agreement.3 top NCS programs (maybe "only" 3 top NCS programs is more telling)They are expected to get an "SBG semi" game against one of top 4 section champs in CA (assuming an NCS win, which for this team, I'm going to go ahead and do)
I know it could be better replacing SRV with BG or Bellevue or something, but this will be one of the best schedules in the country at the end of the day and unquestionably DLS's best ever.

Next year's Serra seniors and juniors are among if not the top classes for their respective years in the CCS at least as underclass. Probably favorite in CCS next season or at least among top 3.

Originally posted by DLSPop1314:

The schedule is awesome

You can nitpick anything, but this is by far the strongest regular season schedule DLS has ever put togetherThey are expected to get an "SBG semi" game against one of top 4 section champs in CA
I completely agree regarding the schedule. It's a great mix of perennially strong NorCal and SoCal programs, along with a long anticipated matchup against a Texas power.

Regarding the "semi" game you refer to, has it been confirmed that the Open Regional is back in play? I hope so. How awesome will it be to add a SJS or CCS champ to the mix?

Between DO and GB, I'd expect the Golden Eagles to field the better team this Fall, but you never know. Coach Cooper has surprised us before. I hope DO's line play drasticallyimproves as they'll have 2 stud WR's to sling it to if the QB has time.

Originally posted by NorCalSportsFan:

Next year's Serra seniors and juniors are among if not the top classes for their respective years in the CCS at least as underclass. Probably favorite in CCS next season or at least among top 3.
No they won't. They're out of the playoffs the next two seasons.
roll.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/4 9:06 AM by Irish_Cheers

Guessing that Serra's ban will be reduced to one year after the appeal. By the way Sacred Heart is probably out of the play-offs for the next 5-10 years.

One publication is reporting the Logan game is away.

The elimination of the Open regional game changed Folsoms strategy to schedule DLS during the regular season.

I'm assuming the suspension will get overturned on appeal. In any event, they will be a favorite to win the WCAL and definitely the game against the Irish.

A said Serra will be a favorite. They return lots of offensive threats. Bells will be good as well, as well as VC. Probably top three in some order in WCAL. SI should be decent, but not at above level. SHC should be decent as well, but not at top three level. Mitty may be down but decent. SF not as good as last year but decent. Riordan - question mark.

I'm assuming the suspension will get overturned on appeal. In any event, they will be a favorite to win the WCAL and definitely the game against the Irish.
I'm favoring Valley Christian myself... (and that's a bold prediction about the SHC game. Think they might squeak past SI too?) As for Riordan being a question mark, the question is whether they'll drop football or join the Mission Trail League and play 8-man. That's if they don't close down first.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

This post was edited on 1/30 12:35 PM by Irish_Cheers

Originally posted by paul_johnson884:

The elimination of the Open regional game changed Folsoms strategy to schedule DLS during the regular season.
In what way? The elimination of that game makes it more imperative for a team to schedule DLS if they believe they have a team capable of competing for the Open SBG.

Regardless, the point is that Folsom would have everybody believe that they were trying hard to schedule the Spartans but now suddenly are nowhere to be found when the opportunity presented itself this season. Instead, you have Del Oro (again) and Granite Bay willingly stepping to the plate even though neither expect to have an elite team.

This is why I disagree when someone claims that Folsom has somehow risen above Grant, Del Oro, Granite Bay or St. Mary's in the SJS. With the exception of last season when they felt they had an all-time team, they never step up to play anybody. All four of the programs mentioned have scheduled top opponents from the PAC-5, OOS or DLS themselves. Until Folsom starts consistently doing the same, they are deserving of the criticism they receive from a National perspective.

TR- I believe Folsom s staff valued playing in a state championship over winning/playing in the Open and/or playing DLS.

When the Open Regional game was in effect, Folsom wanted to play DLS in the regular season knowing that win or lose they very likely would not play a rematch in the Regional game. Thus they had a better chance to play in Carson.

With the Open Regional removed, Folsom does not have the same motivation to play DLS in the regular season. They can take an educated guess that DLS gets the Open and Folsom will not have to get past the Spartans to get to Carson.

And to think all this time I actually believed Folsom wanted to become the top dog :)

In all seriousness, I think your interpretation might be spot on. If so, that's too bad. They have developed into such a good program. I really hope they start scheduling without an ounce of fear as some of their SJS brethren have been doing for some time now.

I'm liking Bellarmine for next year my friend.

PJ84 - If only every D1 school in the NCS had the same luxury to bypass DLS on the way to Carson... Nonetheless that's a great schedule they will be playing! It's unfortunate that the easy part of the schedule is the playoffs...

I am surprised G61 not on this post screaming for DLS to add Folsom to their schedule.

The James Logan game is indeed away. However, if for some reason the Logan playing field is not ready to play after being replaced, the game will be scheduled for the DLS field.

They could have had a home game, with skill position coming back they should be really good.

Just thought they would have wanted to showcase this team.
Originally posted by NCSF:
HAS- They play a Texas power and two outstanding Socal programs along with a couple above-average programs in the Sac area. This is still high school football and I think we are losing a little perspective. These kids still need to go to school Monday-Friday. I love watching but I think it's getting a little crazy.

Euless Trinity is not a top 10 team in country. They were 7 in Texas and 42 Nationally. Looking at their roster they had 107 players ,thats right 107 . Of those 79 were seniors. Returning only 28 players is a little unknown at this point

The IS schedule is a vast improvement and removes the pillow fights often found in NCS. With Paragon funding at least one OOS contest, Katy, Desoto or Cedar Hill instead of the repeat #7 in Texas, Trinity-Euless, would have cemented the National stature. There are many obstacles to getting a #1 ranked previous year to do a home and home, similar to the classic DBP games. But if touting the MNC label, get 'er done. Once Sparty gets to .500 OOS (starting with '04 Bellevue) maybe some money other than Paragon/Nike will materialize as the construction will eat up millions. I'd propose Bellevue redux home and home (more affordable) and the Wolverines can back that up with 4-1-1-1-1-3-2 state rankings the last seven years. No fear of the veer, correct?

HEAT, in the relatively short Alumbaugh era DLS has not scheduled a true national power and that includes Byrnes and Euless Trinity.

HAS- that schedule is going to test them like crazy. They will probably be on TV three times and, oh by the way, they have a movie about them.
Here's my take- They are putting together a great schedule to test their team, not showcase their team. I don't think they worry about that stuff.

Also with high schools I think it's tougher to gauge how good a team is going to be one year over another. Sure you can look at underclassmen and make a prediction but then you also need both teams to have an open date for that specific year. To be honest I'm kind of surprised they managed to get all those teams into their schedule as it is (in that those other teams had all of those weeks available).

You're probably right, we played them tough for a half, maybe this will be the year.

Originally posted by Bubba3000:
HEAT, in the relatively short Alumbaugh era DLS has not scheduled a true national power and that includes Byrnes and Euless Trinity.
The Trinity game isn't set in stone quite yet, as some are now musing it may in fact be Desoto. However, your comment about them not being a national power is pretty baseless. I'd invite you to go look at Dallas Jackson's top 100 dynasty rankings he posted at the end of last season which doles out points based on year end rankings since he started his top 100 and crowned an MNC back in 2007. DLS checks in at #1, guess who checks in at #2...Euless Trinity. What would you define as a national power?

A said Serra will be a favorite. They return lots of offensive threats. Bells will be good as well, as well as VC. Probably top three in some order in WCAL. SI should be decent, but not at above level. SHC should be decent as well, but not at top three level. Mitty may be down but decent. SF not as good as last year but decent. Riordan - question mark.

Originally posted by mshNASTY:
PJ84 - If only every D1 school in the NCS had the same luxury to bypass DLS on the way to Carson... Nonetheless that's a great schedule they will be playing! It's unfortunate that the easy part of the schedule is the playoffs...
We need an 8 team Open playoff for the North vs the 8 team playoff from the south.

I wouldn't label DLS's game vs Pitt as "easy"

I would define it as a school that doesn't have 8 losses in the last three years. Desoto, which has three of those wins, would qualify.

Originally posted by Bubba3000:
that must be one very narrow definition of true national power....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT