ADVERTISEMENT

DLS 2015 Schedule

Originally posted by 1315:
I would define it as a school that doesn't have 8 losses in the last three years. Desoto, which has three of those wins, would qualify.
8 losses in 3 years against some of the very best programs you would find anywhere. Losing by 3 last season to the eventual MNC Allen in the TX 5A QF's. By the way, here is an account of next year's Trinity team from one of their own fans since Bubba is so concerned about all these seniors they lose.

"We will be much better then the team we sent to Bellevue. Will we be as good as last yr? We will see. On offense I think we can be better then last yrs squad. We do need to replace a few O-lineman but that is never a problem at ET. We will need better QB play. No matter how much I like Natee at QB, I w love to see him at FB and or LB more. Will the defense be as good? That will be tough. Our D line last yr IMO was the quickest off the line we have ever had. Great thing is we have Daniels and from what I hear another monster waiting in the wings. So I think are D line will be fine. We need to replace a few linebackers and I believe 3 of the 4 in the secondary.

Now I worry about how we are going to reload our D every yr and like DJ said every yr they do it. Hope this answered your question."

That doesn't sound like some creampuff, and since you want to count losses over a 3 year period as a strike against, than it should count that the Trinity program has consistently displayed the year in and year out ability to field top notch teams as evidenced by that dynasty ranking. This isn't some #1 vs #2 like LBP 01 type matchup, but this is definitely a matchup between two national powers.

Trinity is an ok matchup, yet my point being if you're going to "be the best, play the best" as we've both opined re Desoto. So why not a Bellevue HH; as a dls alum wouldn't that be some form of redemption? Cal almost beat them.

Gorman had a rough out of state schedule this year. Too bad they can't get a decent in-state game.

A Texas team is the better TV rating matchup. I don't think there's ever been a California-Texas matchup of this caliber before, it'll draw big numbers for a high school game.

Originally posted by CityLame:
Guessing that Serra's ban will be reduced to one year after the appeal. By the way Sacred Heart is probably out of the play-offs for the next 5-10 years.
The Gators will be losing their big player, so they'll be so-so next season. After all, they barely beat WCAL doormat Riordan without him.

I don't think it will be a whole decade before Prep is in the CCS playoffs again, however.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way, you guessed WRONG about Serra's appeal.

This post was edited on 3/24 12:04 PM by Irish_Cheers

Originally posted by renegades10:
At Texas Team (will be Euless Trinity, just finalizing stadium)
At Serra
Orange Lutheran
Servite
At Granite Bay
San Ramon Valley
Long Beach Poly
Del Oro
James Logan
Cal

Only 3 road games on the year is a bit interesting. But schedule is definitely a step up. A bit surprised that the DO series is continuing. And figured that DLS might've looked to another WCAL team, but Serra has given them some good games in the past. Anyone know how good GB will be next season?
I hear Allen may still be in the mix... at least that's the talk around DLS...

Folsom wouldn't schedule DLS because most of last years team is graduating. They had 7 guys get D-1 scholarships and will have several more players going D-2 or lower.

Originally posted by paul_johnson884:

We need an 8 team Open playoff for the North vs the 8 team playoff from the south.

I wouldn't label DLS's game vs Pitt as "easy"

Paul, where are you going to find 8 teams in the North to qualify for the Open Tournament?
roll.r191677.gif

If they were to go to a 16 team state wide tourney, it should be the top 16 teams in the state.

roll.r191677.gif

Originally posted by sammyswordsman:

We need an 8 team Open playoff for the North vs the 8 team playoff from the south.

I wouldn't label DLS's game vs Pitt as "easy"

Paul, where are you going to find 8 teams in the North to qualify for the Open Tournament?
roll.r191677.gif

If they were to go to a 16 team state wide tourney, it should be the top 16 teams in the state.
Determined by whom? Socal teams are always rated high but don't show up as advertised.

Originally posted by sammyswordsman:
roll.r191677.gif

From the same place were we get teams that go to Carson and kick so cals ass.

One thing we do know is Servite wouldnt be in the mix for an Open anything with that pathetic program. 11 D1 seniors and soft as a marshmallow.

How your Friar admin got DLS to take another game with them is amazing. That Servite guy has to be the best salesman on the planet. Just goes to show DLS still has Christian values when it comes to scheduling. Hope you guys travel better next time- your showing at OO was weak.

How your Friar admin got DLS to take another game with them is amazing. That Servite guy has to be the best salesman on the planet. Just goes to show DLS still has Christian values when it comes to scheduling. Hope you guys travel better next time- your showing at OO was weak.
I like their Hut Drill...It's like the manly version of synchronized swimming...

This post was edited on 2/5 5:10 PM by TedSmithers

Originally posted by TedSmithers:

I like their Hut Drill...It's like the big boy's version of synchronized swimming...
roll.r191677.gif

Classic post!

90 days is old?
laugh.r191677.gif

I guess if it didn't happen today, it never happened right!?

Folsom 2014 State Champs
uzi.r191677.gif

They did win D1, pretty amazing EBAL teams won both real championships in basketball and football
devil.r191677.gif

Folsom's 2014 championship is analogous to the runner up of any Superbowl. Nobody remembers or cares
flush.r191677.gif

If you didn't remeber or care, then why are you commenting? It obviously bothers you...

Folsom 2014 STATE CHAMPS!!!
uzi.r191677.gif

"The championship most DLS people would like to forget."

Dude, you started a thread about yourself! That's like giving yourself a nickname. You are the George Costanza of this board lol. What impresses me is that all of these people feel the need to reply to you. And that's exactly what you want
uzi.r191677.gif

NCSF,
Good call. Have you seen the view count whenever I hop on a threat!? It is amazing!
laugh.r191677.gif

The correct way to state this is "Folsom, 2014 Di State Champions". All hsfb experts and all polls had DLS as the #1 TEAM IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA FOR 2014.

They never got to play eachother in 2014.

The only thing we have now is opinions...

And mine is that Folsom was the best team in the state!

And our QB can effectively throw more than 5 yards in the air
uzi.r191677.gif

My opinion is the Folsom QB is the Colt Brennan of high school football. What ever happened to Graves or the guy after him who set the world on fire in that system? Serious question...

Colt Brennan went to Hawaii. Jake Browning is at Washington. Washington=Pac 12. Big difference.

DLS QB looks like a cheap wal mart version of our freshman QB
uzi.r191677.gif

You
really have selective listening/reading, whatever. Here you go again obsessing
about THAT team again and evading a simple question. I guess it's true that there
is a thin line between love and hate. The analogy was the Folsom QB is a high
school version of Colt Brennan. Translation = what did he do at the next
level?... Nothing! Folsom kid has a looonnnggggg way to go to have a college career like Brennan. I wish the kid all the best but I'm entitled to my opinion
and only time will tell. I know that Graves started out at Air Force and Trosin
at Cal Poly, do any real Folsom fans know what happened to them? I guess they're
a high school version of Timmy Chang.

I think you have selective hearing. You are trying to discount the most prolific passer of all times in CA and the United States simply because he played for a team you "dont like." C'mon man, that is ridiculous.

DLS has a Qb that can't even throw a simply 5 yard out. That subject is taboo. No one from DLS will addres that. Why is that? Instead, you bash one of the best high school qb's to ever risk from the ranks.

And...he is from FOLSOM. Why does that hurt you so much mshnasty?
uzi.r191677.gif

Originally posted by G61:

And mine is that Folsom was the best team in the state!
Quick question...Why does Folsom have an "underwhelming" preseason schedule for the "best team in the state"?...

Clayton Valley Charter
Clovis North
Pleasant Grove
Burbank

"Best team in the state in 2014."

They lost most of their team. Did you see how many players got D1 scholarships this year!? Cole Thompson is going to Harvard. Class act.

They did not have an overwhelming junior class like other schools did. Therefore, their schedule reflects. I don't think they "overscheduled" or "underscheduled." They will be a good team...for this area.

All I can do is wish and dream for the 2014 Folsom DLS matchup. It would have been a treat...

Until then... Folsom 2014 State Champs
uzi.r191677.gif

Clayton Valley Charter, Clovis North, Pleasant Grove, and Burbank are very good teams.

Are they nationally ranked teams? No.

Will the games be in ESPN? No.

Will Folsom repeat the 2014 performance? No.

Keep in mind, Folsom plays in a tough league. They will face Del Oro in league, which also plays DLS. Granite Bay, Oak Ridge, and Rocklin are all tough.

I never though I would see the day where scheduling good non-league games would be criticized because you lost all of your star seniors and don't have any scheduled games on ESPN.

Keep in mind...Folsom is a PUBLIC SCHOOL. They will have up and down years like ALL public schools. They do not have the luxury of "bussing" kids in via public transit from all over the Bay Area. They do not have kids "lining up" to play at the school.

You always have to compare apples to apples. 2014 was one of those years when we could have comapred DLS to Folsom. Private vs. Public. The debate continues...
This post was edited on 3/4 11:02 AM by G61

Haha, My felling's aren't hurt at all, I just call out trolls when they emerge from under the bridge and if you haven't noticed it's only you. I challenge you to find any statement I've made saying I don't "like" Folsom, you'll actually find me supporting them. What you will find is me calling you out for your clown act that is on repeat. If you look you will see that i've said I dislike but respect THAT other team and I don't try and turn every conversation on this forum about them, you do pal.

What is more ridiculous? Suggesting any high school QB can't throw a ball 5 yards or comparing the most prolific HS passer in history to the most prolific college passer of all-time who was also a Heisman canidate? Sounds like a fair a logical comparison to me, not a bashing. Why is it taboo to suggest he's a product of the system he plays in? Why wasn't he the highest ranked and recruited QB in his own state in his own class? You just got done saying we all have our opinions than attack other peoples opinions?

I have directly asked you simple questions over the last week such as, "do you consider yourself a homer?" With no-reply of course just a rant on some off topic subject, that is selective hearing. You are the biggest hypocrite because you call out people for being homers but are unwilling to acknowledge the fact that you are the biggest one on the board. Can you please stop referring to THAT other team in every response to me, I'm going to spell it out for you. I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT OTHER TEAM AT ALL! Now go back to your routine and ignore 99% of what i've just said and shoot off your emoji guns in another illogical rant

G61,
You're a frickin' goofball, dude. You are the only person within 3,000 miles who actually thinks that Folsom would've beaten DLS in 2014. I'm not going to ask you, I'm just going to tell you (because your opinion is CLEARLY absolutely worthless)that there is nothing to show that Folsom could make up the consistent 5 TD ass kickin' they've received the prior two years. Fine. Folsom would score a few more points, but DLS would score 100 points if they had to leave their starters in for an entire game(without having to throw the ball even). End of story. The way you parade Folsom around like they're some powerhouse, when they haven't achieved such a lofty title, is an embarrassment to the school. And the to claim that they'd beat the team that curb stomped them the two previous seasons sounds REALLY lame, is an insult to DLS and would make all other Folsom fans uneasy...except for you course.

Keep spewing your garbage. Because that's all it is. Your team lobbied for no regional game so you they could win a state game. They KNEW HANDS DOWN that there was no way that they were going to beat DLS in December. Everyone knows that except for you. Well, they've got their SBG win over a team DLS's JV could compete against. Now let's see what they can do. I'm guessing we're not going to see much of you next season. Normally, I wouldn't even respond to your nonsense, but I was bored today.

Go Folsom! 2014 State Champs
uzi.r191677.gif
LOL!
This post was edited on 3/4 12:06 PM by SpartanzRule

Originally posted by G61:

Keep in mind...Folsom is a PUBLIC SCHOOL. They will have up and down years like ALL public schools. They do not have the luxury of "bussing" kids in via public transit from all over the Bay Area. They do not have kids "lining up" to play at the school.

You always have to compare apples to apples. 2014 was one of those years when we could have comapred DLS to Folsom. Private vs. Public. The debate continues...
I'm sorry, but both posts are an underwhelming response to an underwhelming preseason...

I have the utmost respect for Folsom's program, but what they scheduled this upcoming season is equivalent to crawling under a rock...especially for their spectacular performance this past season. Yes, good teams, but not really a match for what (the legend) you've been spouting off...

"Spartunzrule"!? Are you serious!? With a name like that, you could only be considered an ABSOLUTE homer
3dsmile.r191677.gif

Nobody thinks Folsom could beat DLS within the Bay Area, yes. But, there are many of us in the SJS who have watched BOTH teams play this year, that felt Folsom could have beaten DLS with THIS YEARS PLAYERS. My prediction 41-20 Folsom.

The argument that DLS won 2 previous years is not completely irrelevant, but mostly irrelevant. That would be like saying the 2013 49ers could beat the 2015 Seahawks! Or, the 1958 Yankees could have beaten the 2014 Giants. C'mon, that argument is awful! Browning would have thrown for 500 yards on you. Folsom's starters would have played the ENTIRE game (which NEVER happen this year, even in the state title game). DLS's starters played almost the entire game and got 40 points scored on them by CC. This was laughable. Yes, DLS can run the ball. But, you have a junior high school quarterback that can't even throw the ball down the field. What kind of BS is that!? I thought you were ELITE?
laugh.r191677.gif

I find it funny how the DLS homers come out of no where if ANYONE says they could beat or even compete with DLS. Still the fact that a PUBLIC school like Folsom could even be considered in a game to beat DLS is amazing in itself.

ANNNNNND. We dont even need to use BART in lieu of a school bus for our kids!

Folsom- 2014 STATE CHAMPS!
uzi.r191677.gif

Let me clarify something. I am NOT TOUTING Folsom has some type of legendary program. I have ONLY stated that they had an amazing year and could have (would have in my opinion) beaten DLS. For some reason, most of you keep saying I have said or implied they are of legendary status. I challege you to find where I have ever said this.

They were GREAT LAST YEAR. They won THE STATE TITLE LAST YEAR. Will it happen again? Maybe someday, but not next year.

So.....TedSmithers, you just said they scheduled good teams. But, they didn't schedule GREAT TEAMS so you question their intent? C'mon, that is terrible. You're not judging any other teams like that. That is simply not fair to Folsom. As I have said before, you have to compare apples to apples. Folsom does not have a guaranteed pipeline of great players like some private schools do. They are a PUBLIC school. They will have up and down years.

Can you imagine if Folsom DID beat DLS last year!? What an uproar that would have caused. The status quo would have been broken. Can you imagine!?

I just find all of this so funny that if you even mention someone beating DLS, all these people go ballistic. Get over it. Get over yourselves. Some of you need jobs
uzi.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT