ADVERTISEMENT

DLS vs Euless Trinity

Aug 29, 2005
I know it's a little early for football talk, but can someone help me understand this matchup. Trinity is not ranked very high and seems to be in a bit of a rebuilding year. Why take on DLS, who might boast the top team nationally in 2015. Trinity top teams are gone. I'd like to hear from the Trinity coaching staff, if they don't mind filling me in on the reason for playing DLS. I'd also like to hear from the DLS Fans, supporters and other football fans concerning this post. I really don't like to watch blowout games and it could be a waste of time traveling far away, spending money that could be used to play power teams, including Miami Central, Miami Booker T. Washington, STA, Bishop Gorman

Similar situation with Byrnes last season. They had a new coach and had been down for several seasons from their past glory. At least they discontinued the rematch. I'd rather see DLS vs. ET than playing Byrnes again. Maybe with Sanchez moving up to the college ranks, DLS will entertain a visit to Gorman in the near future? I know he ruffled some feathers on Winton in trying to get DLS to come to Vegas the year after Gorman came to Concord. I don't know how loaded Gorman will be in the next couple of years, but they've been awful good the last few years.

I know it's a little early for football talk, but can someone help me understand this matchup. Trinity is not ranked very high and seems to be in a bit of a rebuilding year. Why take on DLS, who might boast the top team nationally in 2015. Trinity top teams are gone. I'd like to hear from the Trinity coaching staff, if they don't mind filling me in on the reason for playing DLS. I'd also like to hear from the DLS Fans, supporters and other football fans concerning this post. I really don't like to watch blowout games and it could be a waste of time traveling far away, spending money that could be used to play power teams, including Miami Central, Miami Booker T. Washington, STA, Bishop Gorman

Rumors of their demise have been exaggerated. Trinity is projected to be a top 10 team in Texas this year.

This game has been in the works for several years. They've been wanting to play each other, so this year they finally made it happen. It will be part of a double-header, with another top Texas team playing in the opener.

Rumors of their demise have been exaggerated. Trinity is projected to be a top 10 team in Texas this year.

This game has been in the works for several years. They've been wanting to play each other, so this year they finally made it happen. It will be part of a double-header, with another top Texas team playing in the opener.

With this game being early in the season when DLS is typically most vulnerable, I expect a close game. Plus, Trinity should be light years ahead of the caliber of teams DLS faces in Nor-Cal.

The Trinity fans brag about being Senior heavy teams most years. 2015 will be no different in that respect. ET fans also brag about the depth they posses, so why would anyone expect a big drop off for the Trojans in 2015.

The bottom line is, when you are considered in the top 100 nationally, it is because your program is consistently elite. Trinity is consistently elite. They dont have "rebuilding" years that lesser programs go through. Besides, it has been reported that DLS contacted Texas to play an elite program, they did not only target Trinity. So many things must happen to make these games come together.

Nobody (without an agenda) would call this game a blow out before padded practices have begun.

Just curious if the Trinity coaching staff has got back to you yet regarding your concerns. If no I can understand your frustration/disappointment.

Many years ago I sent a note to King Faisal of Saudi Arabia requesting a personal discount (coupons or maybe a letter on royal stationary) on the cost of gas for my car since I once gave one of his nephews (7 times removed) a ride cross Berkeley when we were both students at Cal. Still waiting......hope you are more fortunate.

Trinity doesn't want to lose to De La Salle, and Texas doesn't want to lose to California in its pride and joy sport. I'd bet more than just Trinity coaches are dissecting DLS and when the whistle starts to blow, I would be beyond shocked if its even. At least 10 false start penalties and DLS won't get a run more than 10 yards without a flag. De La Salle Scores more than 28 I'm going to me amazed. Short of a one sided annihilation, DLS will lose. I am not ruling a 28 point rout in favor of DLS out though.

I do not agree with your assumption Golf. Sutter traveled to Ferris Texas 6 or 7 years ago and the officiating was very fair. In fact Sutter rolled to a lop sided victory. I do understand that Sutter was obviously not the #1 ranked team in the country however I don't feel that it will be an issue. DLS will be plenty ready for them

I do not agree with your assumption Golf. Sutter traveled to Ferris Texas 6 or 7 years ago and the officiating was very fair. In fact Sutter rolled to a lop sided victory. I do understand that Sutter was obviously not the #1 ranked team in the country however I don't feel that it will be an issue. DLS will be plenty ready for them

I hope you are right.

I believe Trinity raked in the 60s nationally by former rivals guy who nopw has his own site.... and top 10 team in Texas. They are not their greatest ever but certainly not down either. In fact it's pretty much par for the course the last few years.

It is part of ESPN's weekend kickoff coverage. They usually have a dozen or more games across that weekend.

Reactions: TedSmithers
FYI

Trinity is the #2 ranked national dynasty program at NHSFB (formerly rivals), that dates from 2008

1. DLS
2. Trinity
3. Don Bosco
4. Sta

As paul said trinity just reloads.... They lost 65 seniors from last years team and still return 5 all-district players and waves of huge dudes

Their forte is stopping the run and they have a 300+# all-American DT

DLS is going to need to be 2-dimensional and that's when they're vulnerable

Reactions: _Molon_Labe_
Dunno

DLS is 0 for 2 vs Clovis west also

Are they too good for DLS?

Try a little humility. DLS supporters shouldn't be looking down their nose at Trinity. There would be no movies made or books written about DLS if they were located in FL or TX. No streaks out there.

This is indeed a loaded DLS roster and i look forward to watching them play, but there's half a dozen teams in Texas and Florida both that would knock DLS off that mythical #1 team in the country pedestal.

I'll leave it at that.

It's not odd at all. Nobody knows penis stench better than you Ted.

It's quite obvious, the effeminate Jackrabbit boosters like you feel remorse and utter jealousy when DLS posts appear on this board. Rest assured, it's nowhere near the amount of forum traffic as you pathetic Phelan Prophylactic Crusader lapdogs attempt by hijacking other posts like Rmbr's WCAL preview and even this freakin' post. I truly wish there was more DLS discussion, but fortunately, the DLS folks know that they have a better means of communicating amongst fans...It's the SPARTANHOOD message board.

Get a clue, and post your delusional aspirations of in WCAL or elsewhere dominance (ie. "We'd be very challenging to teams like SHP") on a board dedicated to bottom-feeder football programs with special ego needs.

Last edited:
u-mad-1.jpg

Boy the Dls haters are out early this year.......I thought this was a nor cal prep site? Are you hoping they lose to tx team? Servite? Long Beach.....

Boy the Dls haters are out early this year.......I thought this was a nor cal prep site? Are you hoping they lose to tx team? Servite? Long Beach.....

There appears to be one hater in particular representing a specific booster group on this thread. Ask him about his team's program and you'll understand the reason...along with a huge laugh.

Hater? What are you, 12? I have no hate for DLS. I'm looking forward to seeing them when they play Serra in fact. I just don't think Trinity will be blown out. If that qualifies as hate....i'll wear it.

I have no hate for DLS.

Uh huh

Can you point out for me what I said (in my first post here in a month) that you interpreted as lack of humility?

Saying DLS was vulnerable to an elite run defense and offering some color on trinity's recent history or was it something even more inflammatory

There appears to be one hater in particular representing a specific booster group on this thread. Ask him about his team's program and you'll understand the reason...along with a huge laugh.
I assure you that the Crusader Nation has much respect for DLS. In fact, many Riordan alumni that live in the Concord area have their sons enrolled on the Winton Dr campus.

Uh huh

Can you point out for me what I said (in my first post here in a month) that you interpreted as lack of humility?

Saying DLS was vulnerable to an elite run defense and offering some color on trinity's recent history or was it something even more inflammatory

I mistakenly replied to you when it was meant for ball1520

...........interrupt the direction of this thread for the following announcement............

TV broadcast for 8/29 Trinity-Spartan Game @ 6:00
Oakland/East Bay AT&T U-verse ESPN2 channel 606

Last edited:
I am exited about this game! Trinity is always loaded they have two JV teams for crying out loud. That is alot of kids playing football. I know a few kids on that DLS team this year and I am pulling for them. With that being said...close game will edge to Texas. 98 degrees on Friday. Conditioning, conditioning, conditioning. Endurance! Finish!

In that case the Spartans might as well stay home in frigid Concord. They won't have a chance against those Texas boys who regularly have to mix auto coolant in their Gatorade to maintain their body temp.

But if they do still plan on going here's a few helpful tips;
1) DO NOT put team cleats on top of the team bus on way to game stadium
2) DO NOT pack/wear team wool gloves, beanies, nor arctic warm up coats
3) DO NOT have flammable objects such as fireworks or gasoline on your person at game time in order to avoid any unnecessary distractions during the heat of the game.

Hopefully these tips will be helpful in these blistering conditions

LET'S GO YOU ESKIMO .....errr SPARTANS !!'

Pride cometh before the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT