ADVERTISEMENT

Duane Morgan to replace Nancy Lazenby Blaser as CCS commissioner

Sports at all levels only have real interest when the men play, so let's keep most of the commissioners men. This Blaser women was really awful.

I see the "political correctness issue" posed by MtnJohn's comment...However, he does have a point....

Which sports are the biggest revenue generators for a school?

I personally observed this "phenomenon" several years ago...Watching girls basketball home games for Mitty and Bishop O'Dowd (both schools have "powerhouse" girls bball programs)...and then watching the male equivalent for each of those school....There was no comparison...Sparse/half-filled stands, at best...vs. packed house.

Simply put mtnjohn's comment was accurate if nothing else. This woman commish created numerous debacles over the years of her own doing by letting her emotions get the better of her & not thinking diplomatically. Lazenby-Blaser proved to be stubborn and unyielding in her decisions and created somewhat of a personna that "she would show those men coaches who was boss" [IMO]. Her stepping down was long overdue.

"This Blaser woman was really awful."

Nancy Lazenby Blaser OUT as CCS commissioner

http://tinyurl.com/n43tudg

* She has ALWAYS pointed the spot-light directly on herself. *Two twins who played at Sequoia.

* Her propensity for not wanting ANY CCS Fall baseball while NCS teams only had to play under the auspices of their summer paperwork. The Clovis area plays baseball year around. Then when she "gave in" she wanted no fewer than 4 kids from the same school.[/B]

Nancy's been in over her head for years. Steve Stearns should have had that job years ago.
NCS's Gil Lemmon and SJS's Pete Saco both handled much tougher situations with better professionalism.

Blaser

Re: Nancy Lazenby Blaser OUT as CCS commissioner

NorCal - you probably have followed CCS HS sports as long as I have or more likely longer. My comments regarding commish Nancy are nothing new as I have disapproved of her actions for years. I believe my comments while they may sound a bit harsh are accurate in most respects. Lazenby-Blaser held an influential position and and failed to see the ramifications of some of her decisions regarding high school athletes not yet of adult age. IMO she was often heavy handed and did not often as I can remember give the benefit of the doubt in any situations. I believe Nancy leaves behind a legacy of intimidation by position that will not be fondly remembered by the masses. While certainly smart, diplomacy was not in her resume.

I agree with being heavy handed in my opinion in a couple instances as I mentioned on another thread(e.g., long Salinas playoff suspension and the Serra case). However, I also believe she has been blamed for issues that weren't fully her decision like the battle over the CCS Open Division.

How many are going to her retirement banquet and how many lies will be told at the podium. She should have left 5 years ago. Worse commissioner ever.

Condescending!

So because one woman commissioner was unpopular no woman should ever be commissioner again? How hilariously idiotic. I remember my first three years in high school the varsity was 3-27 with an Italian head coach. Clearly Italians should not be allowed be head coaches amiright!?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT