ADVERTISEMENT

Dublin's Gutwald Picks up more offers

Trivalley

Sports Fanatic
Aug 13, 2013
Dublin's line was a beast last year. They all played both ways vs. Las Lomas last year and it was a war, a game LL barely won. Wade blew the season by putting too much stock in the QB when he should have ran the ball 80% of the time. 2/3 senior lineman lost are desired by D3 Schools. Not sure if they will do it however. Anyway Gut's offers are:

Brown
Columbia
SAC State
San Jose State

If he works hard in the gym and lowers his 40 yard dash the PAC-12 will come knocking.

Dublin's line was a beast last year. They all played both ways vs. Las Lomas last year and it was a war, a game LL barely won. Wade blew the season by putting too much stock in the QB when he should have ran the ball 80% of the time. 2/3 senior lineman lost are desired by D3 Schools. Not sure if they will do it however. Anyway Gut's offers are:

Brown
Columbia
SAC State
San Jose State

If he works hard in the gym and lowers his 40 yard dash the PAC-12 will come knocking.

I'm thinking his Nike Sparq numbers may be hurting his cause.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/206475/matthew-gutwald

Good player and I expect more mountain west and big sky offers. He was once on Cal Poly's target list but is not currently on it.

add Air Force to the list. Amazing, here's a guy who wasn't even all league last year. Good for him. Dublin also has Keith Millard Jr. who is a junior at 6'7+.......Size matters!!

add Air Force to the list. Amazing, here's a guy who wasn't even all league last year. Good for him. Dublin also has Keith Millard Jr. who is a junior at 6'7+.......Size matters!!

He passes the all important "eye test"..

Good for him. Let's hope this translates into large holes opening up of the left side for Dublin.
I've emailed coached Wade the Wishbone playbook!

Oregon is now in the mix. I expect the others, Stanford to follow soon.

Congrats to Matt on the Oregon offer. I noticed on a couple of recruiting sites his forty time is listed as 5.2. Last year his SPARQ score showed a 40 time of 5.7 and this year the forty is the only event he didn't do at the Nike camp. The 5.7 must not have been accurate. Even though forty time is not critical for offensive linemen, I can't imagine Oregon offering anyone with a 5.7 time.

Last edited:
Perhaps there are other measurements colleges like in Gutwald. IMO he's got better potential than this years crop, Aiello (on the light side), Longson (on the slow side) and Myers (average blocker for such a large size). He's a mixture of Aiello's skill and Longson's size.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT