ADVERTISEMENT

G61 is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The view count on this thread continues to climb!!

Where you at Quaffer!? I know you are reading and monitoring this thread for any Sonoma County insults!
laugh.r191677.gif

Which city has a higher median income?

Granite Bay....with a much lower population

or

Folsom with a growing out of control population?

Both are beautiful places. Most people who live in Granite Bay do everything in Folsom- shopping, entertainment, etc... Or they come to get smoked in football in basketball
laugh.r191677.gif

Pick your poison
uzi.r191677.gif

Median annual family income:
GB- 127k ish
Folsom- 110 ish

Not bad
laugh.r191677.gif

I know where granite bay beach is on Folsom Lake. Heck it's at the Granite Bay entrance but where in the world is Folsom beach???

Oh there isn't one nor a gate that says Folsom other than Lake!!!

There are 3 main access areas and boat launches along the lake. Folsom (Folsom Point), EDH (Browns Ravine), and GB. The Folsom launch and subsequent state park, camp areas, and accessbile beach are accessible through Folsom Point launch of off Folsom Lake Crossing, near the Raleys shopping center.

Kind of a cool little piece of info...3 counties cross paths into Folsom Lake, Placer, Sacramento, and El Dorado. It is not uncommon on a weekend to see Sheriff's Departments from all three, along with CA state parks and fish and game. Needless to say, it is not a good lake to drink and boat!

The lake is one of the most popular and beautiful in CA. The city of Folsom doesn't have houses on the lake but for the most part, GB and EDH do. There are some spectacular homes!

Beautiful area
laugh.r191677.gif
I take my boat out frequently...

The gate you claim that doesn't exists, actually does exist. It is called "Folsom Point." It is very popular since it is right down the street from a Raleys shopping center and gas station. In the summer, that parking lot is full of beautiful boats and boaters, ready to take on the lake!

This post was edited on 3/3 12:51 PM by G61

mtnjohn,
I think you stole that line from ready all my posts
laugh.r191677.gif

Looking over your post count, and knowing who you are, confirms the fact that you have no job.

"The guilty party is usually quick to accuse others of the same wrongdoing." - unknown

Oh by the way- Folsom 2014 STATE CHAMPS!!
uzi.r191677.gif

You mean "Dyke 8" as it was originaly named? Then upon the great expansion of Biggs ranch and the city of Folsom the name was changed.. yes I launched there many atimes in the 70's......at Dyke 8..

"Biggs Ranch"?? You mean BRIGGS RANCH?
laugh.r191677.gif

Nice neigborhood by the way... Love it there!

Biggs- briggs who cares...it is nothing more than Rocklin revisited 15 years ago.....pray Dyke 8 never has a problem bc Briggs will be washed away......personaly I wouldn't buy a home in a flood plain.....All it's gonna take is a Katrina or earth quake and it will be no more....I myself live on the high ground!

It is not a flood plain. Clearly you do not know the area. If it was a flood plain, you would be required to buy flood insurance. You are not required to in this area.

The Natomas area of Sacramento IS a flood plain, near the Sacramento River. Owners are required to buy flood insurance there.

And one more thing...don't compare Rocklin to Folsom. Night and day difference. Folsom is an amazing place to live. SImply beautiful
laugh.r191677.gif

Oh by the way- Folsom 2014 STATE CHAMPS!!
uzi.r191677.gif

Corrections and retractions- Folsom 2014 Division 1 STATE CHAMPS!!
uzi.r191677.gif

G,

Since I know you are a newbie to the area, you should do some home work why Dyke 8 was built and how it was done.

i could cut and paste it but you can do your own work.

Folsom is Rocklin revisited 15 years ago....

Wrong...

Rocklin is an extension of Roseville's track homes and massive shping mall, off a busy strip of 80. Nothing less, nothing more. Folsom is on a whole other level...Check out all the articles. I would paste them here but I want you to conduct your own research
laugh.r191677.gif

By the way, Folsom Point launch is beautiful. Very popular
3dsmile.r191677.gif

Oh, by the way...Folsom 2014 STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uzi.r191677.gif

Originally posted by G61:
Wrong...

Rocklin is an extension of Roseville's track homes and massive shping mall, off a busy strip of 80. Nothing less, nothing more. Folsom is on a whole other level...
Check out all the articles. I would paste them here but I want you to conduct your own research
laugh.r191677.gif

By the way, Folsom Point launch is beautiful. Very popular
3dsmile.r191677.gif
Shouldn't you at least be right when you proclaim someone else to be wrong? The liar-liar tactic seems to be your go to card.

I've worked in Folsom for the past 11 years. Drive down Folsom Blvd. past the bridge. Drive anywhere on Riley, Natoma, Prairie City, or East Bidwell to Scott Rd. It's ALL strip malls and track homes. It's quite odd that you'd knock other communities for having a little of the same.

Here's the most telling thing. Where do the majority of those with the most $$ in the Sacramento Metro area generally choose to live? It isn't Folsom. It's Los Lagos-Granite Bay, Whitney Ranch-Rocklin, Loomis, parts of West Roseville (Morgan Creek), and El Dorado Hills. Those areas are in the foothills. Lots of property and lots of multi-million dollar estates.

Just look to the Sacramento Kings as an example -- you know, the guys that earn upwards of 20M per year? For the past 30 years, the wealthiest players of the team and front office have typically lived in the areas mentioned above. You'd be hard pressed to find any that have bought anything in Folsom.

The nicest, largest and most expensive properties are in Placer County. When anybody buys near Folsom, they buy further east and up the hill in El Dorado County. Folsom has a few nice properties scattered around, but lacks the grand estates that Placer and El Dorado counties have.

Rocklin certainly has its share of strip malls, like anywhere, but it also has several upscale areas near and around the undisturbed Clover Valley preserve that simply can't be found anywhere in Folsom. Better yet, it's elevated in the hills with a nice delta breeze that rolls through most Summer nights.

I like Folsom, but it's exactly as you tried to paint Rocklin but without the elevation and similar volume of high $$ estates.

So, despite Folsom being consistently being ranked among the top places to live for families in CA and the United States, you are saying that it is a terrible place to live because the Kings players don't live there!?

That is the same old jealous thinking that I usually get from DLS people on here.

Folsom ALSO has the highest median family income in the Sacramento Metro area. You failed to mention that. So, don't give me this BS that people with money do not live there. And strip malls!?????? Have you been to Roseville/Rocklin lately!? That area puts Folsom to SHAME in terms of obnoxious strip clubs and chain restaraunts. Folsom has grown over the years into an amazing city/town. You bascially never have to leave Folsom for anything. The lake is absolutely beautiful and one of my favorite aspects. If you have a boat like me, it is your town!

There are mulit million dollar properties ANYWHERE. Don't get on here and try to shame an area because you are still pissed off they won the state title this year. You probably don't live in Folsom because you cannot afford it. LOL

uzi.r191677.gif

People who live in Rocklin are usually people that looked in Folsom, couldn't afford it, and settled. Those same people get on here and talk trash about Folsom because they are bitter. You sound like one of them. Enjoy the Fountains and Roseville and all those strip malls!!!! What a joke.
uzi.r191677.gif

Pretty scary you know all this, being from Rocklin/Roseville area.

Don't get on here and be bitter because you couldn't live in Folsom. Stay on your side of the tracks.

And I know a ton about Folsom football. I had Deugara mixed up with someone else who is walking on at Sac State. Do your homework.

Rocklin sucks!!!!!
uzi.r191677.gif

This isn't a real estate forum. It is a high school sports forum. Any more off topic conversation will be deleted and the posters will be warned.

I am new to the site, however on several sites over the years. I thought I would enlighten you on your most important subject and a good way to end the football season from you.
Folsom had a great year and a very talented team.
Their record vs. DeLaSalle.
2012- score 49-15. 2013- 45-17. combined scores 94-32.
Jake Browning's stats 2012- 38/64 282 yds, 7.4 yds per catch, 6 sacks, 3 int's.
2013- 38/53 336 yds, 8.8 yds per catch, 3 sacks, 3 int's. QB rating 2012- under 70. 2013- 72.6.
If Browning improved by 33% for a game with dls this year his stats would be appx. 400 yds passing, 4.5 sacks, 2 int's. 3 tds.QB rating appx. 85.
With strength of schedule, rankings etc. the score if they meet would be appx. 56-21. The dls team this year was much better than the 2013 team which destroyed folsom 45-17.
Since you brought up the dls QB's not being able to throw for more than 10 yds. I point out that Browning avg. over 2 meetings 8 yds per catch.
Browning reminds me a lot like Zach Kline from SRV except Kline could run and Browning can't. Kline set all kind of records and Cal QB of the year also, however was beaten soundly by dls 3 years in a row.
Hey fellas and gals, do you like these stats? G61, this should be enough to settle the issue on who wins.
Folsom is the state Div 1 champ. Congrats.
DeLaSalle is the state open champ, the state # 1, the Max Freeman poll # 1 in the nation. They beat a fine Centennial team that was also ranked in the Freeman national poll.
DLS is returning 2 running backs who had over 1800 yds rushing each, Custer being all state and Hernandez all region. They return Boss and Asaigi, two of the most recruited linemen/TE in the country. They return both QB's who can't throw for more than 10 yds LOL, and numerous others who made up and started on last years championship team. The entire coaching staff returns and they play an even more challenging schedule.
You would not want Folsom to face them if they got past SJS and into a NorCal game open if that game is re-enstated.
Thankyou for your time.

Nice post, Yo. That pretty much covers it. G61 is absolutely clueless, and Brownstone is not the same against DLS. Period. Congrats to Folsom for being the D1 state champs. Cue the machine gun emoticons.
clown.r191677.gif

This is way off everyones subject but, I didn't want to start a new thread for just one question I have. Can anyone tell me who Menlo-Altherton is? If so can anyone tell me anything about this football team. I have never heard of this school, EVER!

I did more research on Folsom and the elimination of the open game last season was called the Folsom Rule. The SJS commish along with numerous parents petitioned that the # 2 team in NorCal wasnt getting a fair shake to go to state. They didnot want to go thru DLS again.
I also researched comments from Folsom coach Taylor and QB Browning. They both said playing DLS made them stronger and put them in a position to go to state and be state div 1 champs. Neither one of them said they wished and could of beat DLS last year.
These statements appeared in the SacBee on several occasions and articles written by Joe Davidson, the HS beat reporter of the SJS.
Not one credable person ever suggested that Folsom could have beat DLS last year. Even Mark Tennis gave the nod to DLS early in the season by a 6-2 advantage. As for DLS ducking to play Folsom during the regular season, that's hogwash. The Spartans set their schedules way in advance with national and regional powers. Why would they play Folsom again for a third time after destroying them the past 2 years? I dont think they were afraid of Browning who they intercepted 6 times and sacked 10 times in 2 games. He was running for his life. They only played LBP 2 years running, and they were a hell of a lot better than Folsom could ever be.

Folsom would have beat DLS last year! The truth is in the tape!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT