ADVERTISEMENT

I HAVE A QUESTION CAN A WRITER BE BIASEd

Once again the ranking of some site representing show their true loyalty. The top 8 ranking teams should have been all the teams in the open because the CIF seen that way. I don't think they know more then the CIF and to have a team Carondelet rank still after the losing to Presentation before the Norcal D2 finals is absurd but that's loyalty at its best. Ranking should be the following

1) SMS
2) SHC Because they game SMS a run for their money and only lost in the last couple of minutes.
3) MM Because they lost by Double digits and never had the lead in the game
4) Pinewood Because they gave MM a better game then SI
5) SI
6) Salesian
7) SMB
8) Modesto Christian Because the CIF said they was good enough to be in the open

Teams 9 to 13 people can compare who beat who and these teams won Norcal

9) Mitty NORCAL D2 Champions
10) BOD NORCAL D3 Champions
11) McClatchy NORCAL D1 Champions
12) Brookside NORCAL D4 Champions
13) ESP NORCAL D5 Champions

Teams 13 to 20 had a chance to win Norcal Champion

14) Vanden Runner up D3 Could stop BOD driving in the Paint
15) Dublin Runner up D2 Wasn't even in the game against Mitty
16) Cardinal Newman gave Brookside a good game
17) Oak Ridge beat Berkeley in semi finals
18) Berkeley
19) Saint Francis lost to Dublin by 9
20) Piedmont runner up D4

This is my opinion. The that lost in the 2nd round should be in the rankings except Open Teams belong in the top 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post was edited on 3/25 12:10 PM by RespectBBGame

If we wanted our rankings to follow what the CIF thought, we should just pay them and save us some time
smile.r191677.gif

However, we think the better way is to do our own examination of the girls basketball landscape and make our own decisions. I still stand by our rankings as a good list.

If we wanted our rankings to follow what the CIF thought, we should just pay them and save us some time
smile.r191677.gif

However, we think the better way is to do our own examination of the girls basketball landscape and make our own decisions. I still stand by our rankings as a good list.

not a bad rankings RESPECTBBGAME....

I personally would drop SMB a few spots only because I think they got hosed being pulled up to the open. They should have been the #1 seed in the D4 norcals.

Northbay

I just don't understanding some people thinking or is done on purpose !! Its not right to give the respect where respect is do. The landscape of women basketball Is always change and people have to change with it. Good example UCONN seen that everybody teams was change to a more faster. Look at film 3 years ago and look at it now and you can tell the difference the UCONN teams. Good team belong on the ranking according how they end the season. Not what happen in the beginning of the season. In my opinion!!!!!

1. SMS
2. MM
3. SHC
4. Pinewood
5. BOD
6. Eastside
7. SI
8. Brookside
9. Mitty
10. Salesian
11. SMB
12. McClatchy
13. Dublin
14. Modesto
15. Vanden
16. Cardinal Newman
17. Piedmont
18. Oakridge
19. Berkeley
20. Valley Christian

Streak One or Clay

smile.r191677.gif

Can you really justify the top 20 rankings this week ??? Brookside was ranked in the top 8 before their loss in the sectional finales to Bradshaw !!! they was droped out of the top 20 rankings after that loss UNJUSTIFIED ??? their now the D-4 Nor cal Champions !!! Playing for the State D-4 title Saturday...? But their ranked 18th WOW UNJUSTIFIED !?!? YES CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS ??? PLEASE TRY

8 DUBLIN The biggest joke of all DUBLIN at 8
9 SALESIAN Brookside beat them
10 ST MARY"S Brookside is better than them
11 BISHOPE O"DOWD Speed vs Speed 50/50 game I would love to see
12 MODESTO CHRISTIAN Brookside is better than them
13 VANDEN Good match up Brookside is better than them
14 MCCLATCHY good size but Brookside is better than them
15 OAK RIDGE The second biggest joke
16 CARONDELET way to SLOW Brookside beats them too EASY
17 BERKELEY Brookside lost to Berkeley Upset !?!? Brookside is the better team

Streak One and Clay,

Please go back and review your rankings, and be a little more sensitive to the subject header. Check your biases at the door and let the Brookside bandwagon educate you. Apparently, you aren't aware how good Brrokside is.

I'm just glad Baller isn't around to further degrade these poor girls. I hope his children don't come under similar attack.

To make things right, Just move every team down one notch to make way for number one Brookside. Oh wait, they lost to Berkely and Bradshaw.

Never mind. Keep things the way they are. I think you got it right!

Sure glad no one is biased. If that were to occur, someone's Yahoo VIP membership could be at risk.

Brick Layer

Its YOU that's degraded & sensitive not the kids ??? Carondelet lost to Presentation they don't belong in the top 20 !!! Brookside is still playing ? We have the right to be on the bandwagon................ your welcome to get on ??? stop being a HATTER

Nor Cal Scout

Yes you get some Luv for that
wink.r191677.gif
I just don't understand how some of these teams are still in the top 20 some haven't played in almost two weeks !?!? your rankings is more on point ??? maybe you should be getting paid $$$ YES Piedmont do belongs in the top 20

This post was edited on 3/25 11:53 PM by luvthegame21

Had to keep Piedmont in. I don't feel the open teams get a free pass to the top 8. Good luck to BC this weekend. It will be a tough one but they are peaking at the right time and they get a home game!

Just a note: The only rankings I do are national rankings ... I have nothing to do with NorCal Preps' rankings.

But to step aside from the exclamation points for a while, there is a real issue here: Should rankings be based on what's happening now, or on the full season's body of work?

If they are based on games that would be played tonight, then SHC, given its late-season run, would be higher ranked than if the rankings are based on the entire season, as SHC has many more losses than other quality teams.

I've always used the full-season method, as trying to factor in injuries and who's playing well makes it very difficult to have a consistent system for who's better tonight. But there's merit in both, I think.

Luv -

If you would have beaten Bradshaw and gone to the open you would for sure be in the top 8. You cannot tank games to avoid teams and expect to get a high ranking. That is just a fact.
This post was edited on 3/26 8:04 AM by winetot

Clay

I have a question for you??? So if Kentucky lose in the final for they still be ranked #1 because they was the best team all year? Rankings should be based on how a team ends the year not what done all year!!! I think the problem people are having is how do people rank Carondelet on how good they where when Romeo was there. This year teams wasn't as good without Romeo just like SMB wasn't as good without Green. Ranking should be always based on now not yesterdays!!! In my opinion. Yes these teams have good programs but let them make a name for themselves!!!!

Any one have any good predictions on State Championship games.

Open: SMS vs. MD SMS by 6

D1 McClatchy vs. Serra McClatchy By 4

D2 Mitty vs. MK Mitty by 10

D3 BOD vs. Brea Olinda BOD by 10

D4 Brookside vs. Sierra Canyon Brookside by 6

D5 ESCP vs. La Jolla La Jolla by 4

Hopeful wrong on D5 but ESCP will probably be in foul trouble. La Jolla in a team that drives to the basket a lot.

GOOD CHANCE TO SWEEP FOR NORCAL TEAMS!!!!!!

Winetot

Brookside got caught slipping against Bradshaw and loss the game NO tanking....... Your right Brookside should have been in the open ? You make my point Brookside was ranked 8th when they lost to Bradshaw they drop all the way out of the top 20 now thier back at 18 !!! I'm not understanding the logic in the ranking System ? When they win on Saturday they move up to 17 !?!?

Carondelet and SMB weren't as good as last year or year before ok I get that, but no one was aside from SMS and MM, This years talent pool was waaaaaaay down, so there was no one to dethrone SMB and Csrondelet. Like someone said earlier , if Brookside had beaten Berkeley and Bradshaw ( Who SMB beat) then they would have been ranked higher. CLET WAS 27-4 or something and beat Mitty, Mission Hills, and Berkeley. SMB beat Eastside, Clovis West, Vanden, Berkeley, Piedmont , Salesian1of 4. Not a bad resume for team that's down.

Ninobrown

You make good points but Carondelet lose to Presention didn't drop them out of the Top 20 ? The teams that's still playing should have more movement in the rankings !!! I understand the open but not all 8 what the rankings is saying is " you make the open your guaranteed at the end of the playoffs you can't drop no lower than 8 ?

BD & Respect makes me not like BC but you have to give them their due. Bradshaw was a hot team at the time and beat them but the body of work for BC is worthy of a top8 and potentially top 5. SMB put together a nice season. Not bad for a bunch of "ROLE PLAYERS". Heck I thought we were going to beat them but that was not the case.

NinoBrown

Lets break it down even more Carondelet beat Mitty by 4 at home, Mission Hill descent team but no thing like Salesian the beat SMB 3 out 4 times, lost to Pinewood that was the quicker team, lost to Dublin that has some speed at the guard position and lost to Presentation that Brookside beat with easy. When teams travel down south the play the good teams like LBP not SB. But Carondelet is a good team just have problems with quicker teams and that's why the don't play teams like that.

Lets Break it down even more SMB lost to Salesian 3 out 4 times and Salesian was beat by Brookside convincingly by 12. the beat ESCP that duck out of a Presentation showcase against Brookside( nobody knows about that one). They lost to SHC by 15 but Brookside lost too by 4. But they deserve to be in the top 8 because they was in the Open.

These teams play in a small circle and like to stay in the comfort zone because when going out the circle things get a little rough. SMB should be in the top 8 but Carondelet should be in the ranking because of the lost to Presentation in the second round in the D2 Norcal Playoffs.

Respect/Ballersdream You always make mention of teams playing in a small circle and stay in a comfort zone. Teams like Carondelet always travel, always play in national or regional tournaments but yet you continue to harp on them playing in a small circle.

Carondelet losing has more to do with their overall talent that the schedule being in a small circle. They had a good year just not up to their standards. I hate talking bad about BC because I am rooting for them to win but where is their signature win? Salesian?

My State Picks....

OPEN.....MD

D1.......... not sure...don't know anything about Serra...

D2.......... not sure....don't know anything about MK.....

D3.......... BOD

D4.......... Sierra Canyon

D5.......... ESCP

North........2
South........2
undecided.....2

My picks:

Open - MD
D1 - Serra
D2 - Mitty
D3 - BOD
D4 - Sierra Canyon
D5 - ESCP

Hmmm, so if your opinion differs from Luver, then you are a hater. But Luver can continually attack one of the most respected programs in NorCal and he's not a hater. Funny stuff. Too bad BC wasn't considered good enough to play in the Diamond Division at WCJ. We could have found out their talent level, but I guess they didn't want to break out of their small circle. No problem, we understand. Just keeping it real Luva

winetot

I see your saying none of SJS teams will win a State Championship. But will be prove wrong once again. I think Norcal teams are strong this year then Socal. I think there a lot people Hate on the SJS for a while now because its staring to make a turn like Football did a few years ago. The SJS is the strongest in football and Girls basketball soon to becoming a big threat. Changes is always a good thing.

Ol'...layer

I think Brookside this year after they win a State title will be in the Platinum not the Diamond hopeful Carondelet will be there too. But Brookside has another game this year so that all they think about next year when this year still isn't over!!!! Good luck on summer since high school basketball been over for you about 2 weeks now. Have a nice summer!!!!!!!!!

Brick Layer

Hmmm, so if your opinion differs from Luver, then you are a hater. But Luver can continually attack one of the most respected programs in NorCal and he's not a hater. Funny stuff. Too bad BC wasn't considered good enough to play in the Diamond Division at WCJ. We could have found out their talent level, but I guess they didn't want to break out of their small circle. No problem, we understand. Just keeping it real Luva

I never attack Carondelet I said Brookside is better because your team don't have the foot speed to keep up !!!This year im talking about the 14-15 basketball season ? I never said anything about the program ? next year could be different !?!? your team lost get over it. !?!? Winetot & Brick Layer Did you know every team playing from Nor Cal has good team SPEED think about that ? SPEED KILLS In my opinion you need too recruit faster players>>>> Stockton has them? two teams playing for State title on Saturday ''' come on Dude'''

Originally posted by RespectBBGame:

Clay

I have a question for you??? So if Kentucky lose in the final for they still be ranked #1 because they was the best team all year? Rankings should be based on how a team ends the year not what done all year!!! I think the problem people are having is how do people rank Carondelet on how good they where when Romeo was there. This year teams wasn't as good without Romeo just like SMB wasn't as good without Green. Ranking should be always based on now not yesterdays!!! In my opinion. Yes these teams have good programs but let them make a name for themselves!!!!
You know, I've always disagreed with the line of thinking that whoever wins the postseason tournament should be No. 1, but I know I'm in the minority.

For me, at least, if a team like Kentucky were to lose to a six-loss team in the finals by a couple of points, I would still vote Kentucky No. 1 on their body of work for the season.

Most others would disagree ...

This is really one of the problems with rankings in general: Nobody has set any criteria. The same is true of the McDonald's All-American teams, which is why you get some odd choices, in my opinion. Should Mickey's Girls be chosen solely on high school performance? So a girl who scores 37 points a game for a small school in Wisconsin and her team wins the state title in a low division would be picked over a UConn recruit who averaged 15 a game for a top ten team in the nation?

Or is it about a combination of high school and club/USA Basketball performance?

Or should it be based on college potential, meaning 6-9 Nancy Mulkey is an All-American but the 6-0 girl who's pretty much unstoppable in the paint in high school isn't?

No system is perfect, and though I disagree with those who automatically put the winner of the last game in the No. 1 spot, I can see their point. I prefer to judge a team not on one game, or a few games late in the year, but rather on their overall performance from start to finish.

"Hater" is a word that I don't think really fits on a message board. (Not long ago, and maybe still, sooner or later any Internet disagreement would end with one person being called a "Nazi.")

After all, anyone who's on a board like this by definition isn't a "hater." If they hated girls' basketball, they wouldn't be here.

And really, does anyone "hate" St. Mary's of Stockton? Or the Sac-Joaquin Section? How can you hate a CIF section? What does that mean exactly?

If I think Team A is better than Team B, I'm not a "hater" -- I just think differently. And when a supporter of Team B calls me a "hater," he or she doesn't do anything but look defensive, aggressive and afraid to engage in a rational discussion. I mean, it is possible that the supporter of Team A is right, isn't it? We all can be wrong, can't we?

And let's just say the "hater"-claimer is right. How does calling the other person a "hater" convince anyone else?

It's just such a paranoid word, and it implies that people on this board care so much about a player, a coach, a league, a section that they actually generate enough emotion that "hate" develops. People are biased, sure, because that's how people are -- but not that many people indulge themselves in, or have the energy for, "hate" about girls' basketball.

Respect and luv and all the BC fans -

My predictions are solely based on who I think is going to win each game. I have seen all the Norcal teams play. I did do some comparative research and feel strength of the SoCal teams schedules are better. I do think that SMS can beat Mater Dei but I do not think they will(although I hope they do). I think Serra has had a lot tougher schedule than McClatchy but feel it will be a dog fight(again I hope McClatchy wins). You all talk about speed kills(BC only has one player that is fast - really fast). If McDonald gets to the free throw line 20 times they may stay within 10. Wallace will not back down to Gabriel so there is absolutely no intimidation advantage there. Burke is big and long which could cause a little trouble for McDonald. The mismatch will be Vaughn. She needs to get more than 4 shots for them to compete in this one. Sierra Canyon will be unbelievably prepared and BC will have to execute a great game plan to win.

luv -

Isn't recruiting illegal in high school sports?

This post was edited on 3/27 8:22 AM by winetot

Clay

It's okay to disagree the word fits the comments made by that particular individual he or she is a HATER ?
Clay you are a LOATHING HYPOCRITE. Just my opinion

This post was edited on 3/27 9:26 AM by luvthegame21

Luv -

Being honest and formulating unbiased opinions as an educated individual normally would not fit the definition of a "hater". Unfortunately you are completely one sided and cannot see the other side of any discussion. I hope your game tomorrow is a good one. It is important to stay out of foul trouble. Sierra Canyon is extremely well coached and you will have to do more as an assistant than check time-outs. Good luck.

Winetot

Your predictions will be proven to be wrong just like you predicted that Cardinal Newmen would beat Brookside ? Tonight winners will be McClatchy" Bishop O'Dowd " Eastside College Prep all teams with good team speed !!! This summer CN better be looking for some SPEED ? size alone will not get it done.

I had my day as a parent the last four years. My daughter was fortunate enough to play in the State Championship last year as a junior and had a great high school career. I did predict Cardinal Newman would beat BC and if they played again tomorrow I would make the same prediction. I do not think speed killed Newman, it was a 54-50 final and a 1 point game with under a minute to go when Newman missed 2 free throws.
This post was edited on 3/27 10:15 AM by winetot

c'mon LUV....

As you know I was also at the CN/BC game.....

Other than McDonald there isn't anyone on BC with ridiculous SPEED.

As Winetot said...it was a 1pt game with 53 secs. left and CN had their senior team captain on the line shooting 2 and she missed them both. Which then forced CN to have to foul the rest of the game. 54-50 BC....hardly a cant handle the "speed" loss. If the CN girl makes 1 FT...CN gets to play D and not have to foul...if she makes both? BC has to start fouling CN......those 2 missed FT were game changers.

In the sections against the speediest team I saw this year (Salesian) CN had the ball in a tie game with 40 secs. left . That same

senior guard (for CN) turned the ball over on that final possession (travel) leading to the basket at the buzzer for salesian to win that game by 2.

Again, another nail biter heartbreaker loss for CN against a supposedly "speed" team....

The reason CN lost to BC was lack of maturity.....(5 freshman and 3 sophomores on that team)...not a lack of speed.

the last 4 mins. of that game...CN had 3 freshman a sophomore and a senior on the court.....in fact a freshman (guard) guarded

McDonald the entire 2nd half and slowed her down to only 9 pts. in the 2nd half.

and the girl banging all the 3's and who had 20 in that game was ALSO a freshman. (guard)

as compared to the 3 D1 signed upper-classmen on Brookside.....

I want this be clear...I give all the respect to BC for winning and being in the state championship today...much love to PICO and his staff...and to my girl Shireen......

But I'm tired of reading about this whole "speed" crap...except for 1 girl (McDonald) BC isn't any different(speed wise) than any of the other good squads that CN played all year.

CN will be just fine this summer...and next season. ..their bigs(size), 6'5 and 6'3 (incoming juniors) and 6'0 (senior) will compliment the now 4 (incoming sophomore) guards...........

and by the way...the 6'0 girl...will be the only senior on the squad next year.

and the year after next? Look out Nor Cal........ ;-)

This post was edited on 3/27 11:51 AM by northbaybbguru

northbaybbguru

Do you really have to do play by play to say CN lost because of free throws ? You was their your the guru!?!? and who said Brookside has ridiculous SPEED only you and Winetot ? I have never said Brookside had ridiculous speed !!! I SAID TEAM SPEED if McDonald was on CN they would have more team speed.? I know you understand your the guru !?!? I think CN will be better next year but i think foot speed will help............. opinion only

LUV..

YOU keep bring up the speed issue....all I said was that McDonald has the ridiculous speed....the kind of speed that only a few girls in the state have.

I said the rest of BC is no quicker than any of the other good teams that CN played this year....speed was not the reason CN lost that game. It wasn't like BC was beating CN up and down the court. Far from it in fact.....

I would say that 3 D1 upperclassmen players with big game experience and court savvy was the difference.....CN was a little wide eyed at times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT