ADVERTISEMENT

It's Cal for Rabb

With Rabb, jolly, Dillard and maybe Cornell grad transfer shon miller this looks like a contender for the pac 12 and just maybe sweet 16 team if Wallace comes back

Huge day for the bears program congrats to coach Martin and his staff nice to see the local kids staying home.HAAS WILL BE ROCKING

Great decision for local kid!! Will play right away and gain valuable experience playing in a tough conference. The Lee kid that went to Kentucky should've done the same thing, but sometimes people inflate our egos and we fail to make good decisions.

Ivan is evidently working on Jaylen Brown, ranked by some as the top recruit in the country, and definitely the top unsigned player, who is considering Cal. If they can get him too they'll have two five star recruits after not landing one for 12 years.

Lee has won a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP , and a trip to the final four. I think he made a good decision! As for Rabb congrats to the Cal staff. I have a reason to watch CAL hoops again!

Originally posted by PAL95:
Lee has won a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP , and a trip to the final four. I think he made a good decision! As for Rabb congrats to the Cal staff. I have a reason to watch CAL hoops again!
He's lost in the finals and the final four.......and he only plays a fraction of the minutes he would have at Cal

Bruin basketball fan here,congrats to Cal,great get.Martin might be slowly building something special in Berkeley.I mean,Arizona cant get every years bumper crop of players....can they?

The good thing about Rabb signing with the Bears is that it will attract other marquee players to atleast consider Cal now. The Swanigan kid committed to Mich St. ,Jaylen brown (#1 recruit in counrty some predict) may also end up at another college also but that these kids are strongly considering Cal is proof of change, No disrespect to Coach Montgomery but the top prospects were not considering Cal under the system he was playing. Props to Coach Martin for aiming high he will swing and miss some but if he can get a couple 4 and 5 star recruits he will get things rolling in a couple years.....Remember he's signed Frayer of Moreau and offered both Ford from Folsom and Johnson from El Cerrito all of which will be top northern cal players in class of 2016....Getting Rabb to commit to Cal over Arizona,Kentucky,Duke,Ucla,Gonzaga,Etc. is huge for Cal Basketball.

Cal getting Rabb was probably the biggest signing since Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Its always a big plus when star local talent stays home and builds that homegrown legacy. We can only hope this opens up the door for more 4 and 5 star recruits to come play at Haas in the future.

Wasn't Jabari Bird a 5 star recruit? He was a MCD All American. Anyway, Ryan Anderson got no love coming out of the suburbs of Sacto but dude has quietly been a solid pro and put up big #'s at CAL during his tenure. Leon was a monster at CAL but poor kid just had bad knees.

LEE is a good defender at UK. Clean up guy on the offensive glass who can finish with the best of them. He will get solid minutes next year. I would say 20-25 a game. I know some 5th graders who shoot it better than him though. Will never be a threat to score outside of 10 feet. Doesn't even face up. NBA freak athlete without NBA hoop skills. Rabb is in a totally different league.

Bird was a good get for Cal. It was too bad they couldnt paylay him with Gordon. I hope Bird can regain his explosiveness his next year or two at Cal. Im sure he had aspirations of making it to the NBA but his injury-plagued two years at Cal has him not even on the draft radar.

Ford would be a great fit for cal. Could come in and start from day one and provide a heady winning mentality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT