ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Durant at SHC

Irish_Cheers

Hall of Famer
May 11, 2008
Kevin Durant visited the basketball camp at Sacred Heart Cathedral's gymnasium on June 23, 2015.
I'm sure he was impressed with The City's best prep gym.

Last edited:
Im befuddled to why Stephens still cites Carter as a player to watch. Everyone knows this is going to be Hollins' and Robinson's show. If they get anything out of Carter or Dunbar that would be a plus.

Reactions: CityVibesII
Im befuddled to why Stephens still cites Carter as a player to watch. Everyone knows this is going to be Hollins' and Robinson's show. If they get anything out of Carter or Dunbar that would be a plus.
I'm told there's frosh on the varsity too. I'll let you know. I'll keep an eye on Pardini but Alumni games usually aren't indicative of how good the players are.

Last edited:
What about J. Pardini, how is his development going? Obviously, another big man...If he can be half the man as Liam O'reilly, that would be a positive thing for this Irish team. I was really hoping to see Nifai Tonga, a specimen for sure but his family moved to Utah, he was looking like a young Josh Fox. I was always high on Soph Nate Robinson, he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Freshman name is Kimari Smith. Tyler Hillman is another young kid with individual talent but needs to step it up this year to be the team player to be a surprise. Hopefully, Mello Dunbar improved his game, last year the most disturbing thing was he missed all his free throws. Carter, if he isn't going to be offensive should concentrate on playing D...This Irish team is very young and hopefully will make their push with Hollins leading the way for the WCAL crown. It is Hollins team starting now and if he gets everyone to play cohesively together, this team will be on fire..

S.F. Chronicle Top 20 Boys and Girl basketball polls - SFGate

Last edited:
Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Irish played well but the starters only played the first half. Carter & Hollins looked good. I couldn't tell who the new player was.

Are you saying Carter looked much improved? How did some of the others look if they played?

How did J. Pardini look, the other big man? I think his game will be crucial especially when Carter is not on. Mello, still needs to practice his free throws, sigh. The season is just beginning, he has time to work on success. Sounds like Tyler and Nate is progressing nicely? That is positive. Thank you for the update, Happy Thanksgiving

How did J. Pardini look, the other big man? I think his game will be crucial especially when Carter is not on. Mello, still needs to practice his free throws, sigh. The season is just beginning, he has time to work on success. Sounds like Tyler and Nate is progressing nicely? That is positive. Thank you for the update, Happy Thanksgiving
If that was him wearing #24 out there, he made some 18 to 20-footers. Starters only played the first half. That's when the food was available downstairs. Liam O'Reilly played. So did Domonic Johnson. The oldest player was from the Class of 1970. Some alums played both games.

Jamar the other big played well, strong and a good rebounder. Pardini was a non factor completely man handled by Liam O'Reilly. We will see Sat at scrimmage how the team really looks

Jamar Sheppard? is he back playing basketball this year, if so, that will be interesting? He will bring some definite toughness to the D. JP, manhandled?...we need him to be at least half the guy Oreilly was when he was playing hoops at SHC to make a run at WCAL...Well, it is early on, Im excited to see how this team gels and continues to improve this year...Last year, it didn't seem they cemented well on the court every game but made a nice music video instead:D:D They definitely need senior and junior leadership, this is a very young team.

Last edited:
Jamar Sheppard? is he back playing basketball this year, if so, that will be interesting? He will bring some definite toughness to the D. JP, manhandled?...we need him to be at least half the guy Oreilly was when he was playing hoops at SHC to make a run at WCAL...Well, it is early on, Im excited to see how this team gels and continues to improve this year...Last year, it didn't seem they cemented well on the court every game but made a nice music video instead:D:D They definitely need senior and junior leadership, this is a very young team.
Jamar played all right. Still the Alumni game doesn't indicate much.

Jamar, like his dad will likely not see the floor. Father and son are tremendous athletes but not good enough to make game contributions. Still it is nice to get a break from football and let his body do other sports. There's a reason why athletes nowadays who do the same sport year round are more prone to injury because doing the same movements, muscle movements that pertain to just one sport just wears down the athlete more than if they did other sports.

Jamar, like his dad will likely not see the floor. Father and son are tremendous athletes but not good enough to make game contributions. Still it is nice to get a break from football and let his body do other sports. There's a reason why athletes nowadays who do the same sport year round are more prone to injury because doing the same movements, muscle movements that pertain to just one sport just wears down the athlete more than if they did other sports.

Perhaps, but Jamar may end up playing the PJ Lynch role for 2016...he got 2-5 points a game and played hard nose defense. He gave the bigs like Carter or Hollins a chance to catch their breath.

Jamar is strong and a better athlete than Carter, SH need him. SH has no big man who pound it out offense and defense. I am told Jamar is 6th man

Jamar is strong and a better athlete than Carter, SH need him. SH has no big man who pound it out offense and defense. I am told Jamar is 6th man

Yes, Jamar playing the PJ Lynch role that helped Big Carter last year......but he is probably a little more athletic than PJ. Someone to absorb and give fouls and take charges, etc to help the team. All those little things that help the "team" win.

I was at the scrimmage today. Didn't see the varsity. Only frosh in the old gym and JV's in the other. No big standouts but the frosh look like they have some size.

Last edited:
Was at scrimmage, they played 6 quarters everyone played. Starters played well. I think point guard position needs some tweaking. PG needs to trust teammates and pass first before looking to shoot and then miss free throws. Need better rebounding. It's early I know they will work it. Excited for this year.

Was at scrimmage, they played 6 quarters everyone played. Starters played well. I think point guard position needs some tweaking. PG needs to trust teammates and pass first before looking to shoot and then miss free throws. Need better rebounding. It's early I know they will work it. Excited for this year.

The point guard had the same problem last year as a second stringer, he made some decent shots but everytime he drew a foul, he missed his free throws...sigh. I hope he concentrates and continues to work hard, he has a long way to go to be equivalent or better than his brother in the WCAL. Of course, I was not there so I am assuming it is the same person.

Last edited:
I went to the Sequoia basketball game, SHC beat them handily by over 30 points. Sequoia players looked bigger (thick) than SHC but definitely slower. SHC Hollins just makes it look easy, I don't think he sweated scoring above 25+. Nate Robinson looks sharp shooting, and Pardini looked ok playing Defense too. Mello Dunbar played hard tonight and hustled, he didn't shoot all that much. Jamar Shepard was the rock, he played almost four quarters and grabbed rebounds and provided tough defense. Tyler Hillman had a nice game too on offense and defense. Ramzi Carter didn't play tonight, sick, dunno, he was not there? The new freshman kid Kimari Smith seemed erratic and wild but made some nice shots toward the end. He definitely is fast but he didn't appear to play in control a lot. (definitely work in progress, or case of nervous jitters) Overall, the team and the bench looked above average tonight.

Last edited:
I went to the Sequoia basketball game, SHC beat them handily by over 30 points. Sequoia players looked bigger (thick) than SHC but definitely slower. SHC Hollins just makes it look easy, I don't think he sweated scoring above 25+. Nate Robinson looks sharp shooting, and Pardini looked ok playing Defense too. Mello Dunbar played hard tonight and hustled, he didn't shoot all that much. Jamar Shepard was the rock, he played almost four quarters and grabbed rebounds and provided tough defense. Tyler Hillman had a nice game too on offense and defense. Ramzi Carter didn't play tonight, sick, dunno, he was not there? The new freshman kid Kimari Smith seemed erratic and wild but made some nice shots toward the end. He definitely is fast but he didn't appear to play in control a lot. (definitely work in progress, or case of nervous jitters) Overall, the team and the bench looked above average tonight.
Was at game. Really impressed with the point guard play, very unselfish. Team seems to like each other and communicate very good on court. Really liked Tyler's defense though he missed to many lay ups . Hollies unstoppable looked forward to good things this group

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT