ADVERTISEMENT

LMC Passing Tourney

DLS Alum

Sports Fanatic
Jun 12, 2001
Does anyone know if there is a Passing Tournament at LMC this Saturday? Thanks..

Yes there is. Start time is at 8:30am. Schools I know of are Deer Valley, Pittsburg, De La Salle and Heritage. I did hear others would be there but sure on who that is.

James Logan. That is going to be an insane jamboee!
Saturday's passing Tournament saw only five teams show up as Pittsburg dropped out and they were Heritage, Clayton Valley Charter, DLS, Deer Valley and Liberty.....DLS flexed their muscles and won their first two games and then the last two, the Spartans subbed freely....Anthony Sweeney led the two first games and Chris Vanerklugt handled the third and shared the fourth with #28 who is also the number of Antione Custer who didn't play.....
Deer Valley played good defense as their guys were all over the field and Clayton Valley charter got off to a bad start and couldn't get moving until the second game. Heritage's pass defense was not up to par and they dropped three games after winning the first...
The Standings....Deer Valley 3 wins one loss.....DLS 2 wins one loss one tie.....Liberty 2 wins and 2 losses.....Clayton Valley charter one win two losses and one tie.....Heritage one win and three losses
Breakdown...
Firs round Heritage 4 Clayton Valley Charter one...Heritage went 17-19 in passes no interceptions....CVC went 21-34 with one interception on defense..
DLS 3 Deer Valley one DLS was red hot at 20-21 and Deer Valley at 17-32 and no interceptions for both
Second game DLS 4 Heritage 2 DLS 13-25 and one interception on defense.....Heritage 16-23 and 2 interceptions on defense......CVC 2 Liberty 1.....CVC 14-25 and 3 interceptions...Liberty 15-30 and 3 interceptions

Third game Deer Valley 4 Liberty 1 DV 16-31 and 2 interceptions on defense Liberty 7-14 and no interceptions
CVC-DLS played to a tie 1-1..DLS was throwing in every body to see what they could do
DLS 9-22 and one interception and CVC was 24-29 and two interceptions...The Eagles were taking advantage of the DLS subbing but were hard pressed just to get a tie....

Fourth Game.....Liberty 2 DLS 1....liberty 8-28 no interceptions...DLS 11-12 and one interception on defense, the DLS passing attack was red hot, but could not get rolling while Liberty's defense was real stubborn..

Game five
Deer Valley 3 CVC 2.....DV went 13-23 with two interceptions on defense went 15-25 and no interceptions
Liberty 4 Heritage 2.....Liberty 14-25 with one interception on defense and Heritage went 16-27 with one interception on defense.
Now the loss and the tie for DLS was a case od free subbing which gave every body a chance to play and be looked over, I'm sure that if DLS kept the first team in they would be 4-0 very easy.....Weather wise, we had a breeze which held the heat down....

Great breakdown BlueDog!

I thought everyone looked like they usually do. I just don't get the Liberty staff sometimes. Shurod Thompson played way too much for my taste. But I guess he deserved some action considering he is banned for the season.

I think DV will be better then some may think and I like the new coach. But it is one thing to coach a team and another to run a program.

Heritage is very mediocre!

De La Salle looked very solid and always coaches these tournaments the right way. Disappointed Pitt didn't show up. Talked to an LMC coach and he said they were understaffed due to vacations.

I think the BVAL will be very tough this year and I predict DLS's opponent in NCS will come out of the BVAL again this year. I think the EBAL dominance has run its course.

Great breakdown BlueDog!

I thought everyone looked like they usually do. I just don't get the Liberty staff sometimes. Shurod Thompson played way too much for my taste. But I guess he deserved some action considering he is banned for the season.

I think DV will be better then some may think and I like the new coach. But it is one thing to coach a team and another to run a program.

De La Salle looked very solid and always coaches these tournaments the right way. Disappointed Pitt didn't show up. Talked to an LMC coach and he said they were understaffed due to vacations.

I think the BVAL will be very tough this year and I predict DLS's opponent in NCS will come out of the BVAL again this year. I think the EBAL dominance has run its course.
When Heritage played their first game today, they gave ever appearance of a team that knew what they were doing, but after that they seem to struggle and never got back on track....Liberty looked like they need more polish, they have the recievers that catch and a QB who needs to post up instead of passing on the run which makes him unbalanced, the same for the DLS QB #28 who had people open, but he could not get off a good pass...CVC has a junior QB that is brutal on short passes, but his recievers have a tough time getting into the clear.on medium and long passes. I did not pay a lot of attention to Thompson, its too bad that he's on the hot seat.....The EBAL I think has a few more good years before it begins to water down......

When Heritage played their first game today, they gave ever appearance of a team that knew what they were doing, but after that they seem to struggle and never got back on track....Liberty looked like they need more polish, they have the recievers that catch and a QB who needs to post up instead of passing on the run which makes him unbalanced, the same for the DLS QB #28 who had people open, but he could not get off a good pass...CVC has a junior QB that is brutal on short passes, but his recievers have a tough time getting into the clear.on medium and long passes. I did not pay a lot of attention to Thompson, its too bad that he's on the hot seat.....The EBAL I think has a few more good years before it begins to water down......
I had a talk with one of the CVC parents and he heard that Ray Jackson had a broken arm, but he should be ready for the Folsom game

Great breakdown BlueDog!

why is thompson playing ?
rumor all over east county is that he is ineligible for the entire season...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT