ADVERTISEMENT

Meeting John Elway

Jun 27, 2014
Damon Bowers played for Monte Vista, UOP and San Jose State. Later he played for five teams in six years while in the Arena Football League. In this episode he talks about meeting John Elway while playing for the Colorado Crush. Also learn why meeting Yaddi on the streets of Queens while with the New York City Hawks might have been more important. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/user/AlhambraValleyTV Thanks for watching.

I watched the Damon Wiley interview. My son played a year or two of youth football with him and there's much mutual admiration. Damon is a great football player and I hope he gets the opportunity to play at the next level.

Funny how he described John Elway. I thought the same thing. I had the pleasure of watching a San Jose State versus Santa Clara game with John Elway his senior year at Stanford and my junior year at Santa Clara. His father was head coach at SJSU at the time, and were family friends of my college roommate whom I was with. John at the time was expected to be picked #1 in the NFL draft, but the nicest person. Good guy. Very gracious and unassuming and took interest in everyone around him. You never would have known he was the biggest college athlete at the time unless you followed the sport. Was surprised when he came out and didn't want to play for a particular team, but he was honest and that was business. Met him again years later at the AT&T golf tournament and said hello and he was still the same. He remembered the game and night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT