ADVERTISEMENT

My Predictions in The DFAL

Apr 17, 2015
1. Call it a long shot but Campo or Alhambra 10-0 6-0 in League and winning the DFAL
2. Campo or Alhambra 9-1 5-1 in League losing to Alhambra or Campo
3. Acalanes 8-2 4-2 in League Losing to Alhambra and Campo
4. Las Lomas 7-3 3-3 in League beating Dublin, Miramonte, and DV
5. Dublin 4-6 2-4 in League beating DV and Miramonte
6. Miramonte 4-6 1-5 in League beating DV
7. DV 2-8 0-6 in League

Reactions: Thatoneguy1811
WOW.....Battlein The Trenches.....This all sounds good and I hope you are right, but I don't see Alhambra getting by Campolindo and there will be some serious football played between Acalanes and Miramonte verse Alhambra...Las Lomas looses a lot, but they have a lot of speed coming up from the JV's, how they develop will be interesting....Now The Cougars beat the Bullpups 35-8 in 2014 and this same crew is moving up and Miramonte, Acalanes and Campolindo seem to take the next step up from the JV's and Dublin could be dangerous also. As for DV, it would seem that by now they would be a serious challenge, but so far they have been a disappointment....What's weird, is Acalanes JV team ripped the Campolindo JV team apart which didn't make much sense, in any case we will see how this all plays out

Nice to see an early prediction. Las Lomas has San Ramon Valley, College Park, Granada and Northgate on their non-conference schedule. I doubt they run the table in non-conference play.

I haven't seen the schedules for the DFAL teams (outside of LL) - Does Acalanes play Antioch again?

GoBears89....Las Lomas should get by College Park and North Gate, but San Ramon is a different story as they will be super strong this season and Granada may be a challenge??

I like alhambra this year not only because they have the size. But who can say they have 4 returning linemen. A first team all league utility at rb and a nice replacement when he needs a breather. A returning safety who did not play half the season but still managed to make honorable mentions. My concerns for them are not in the secondary which may not be their strongest area but their passing game, But if they can find a way to incorporate McCart into the passing game i believe that will become much stronger. As for secondary I have heard they have a new DB coach this may or may not be correct can anyone confirm?
But all in all I like Alhambra for 1st or 2nd its a bold statement but i think it will hold.
Alhambra's JV won League last year only losing to campo but because of campos losses to napa and acalanes.

Im going to stick with Alhambra or Campo at first and second

As for Las Lomas they will be at the very least 2-2 in non-league play

Battlein The trenches......This kid Beck was a strong fast running back that is coming up from the JV's, its possible that either he or McCart could do double duty to boost the passing game, if this happens, then Alhambra should have a good one-two punch....The Bulldogs need a DB Coach that knows the game and this has been a real weak spot for several years, I hope this is true and in the mean time, we will find out.....

This should be a fun year and unpredicatable year in the DFAL. I think every team has a legit shot to win on any given night. Alhambra and Campo probably has the best JV teams coming up but I don't put much stalk into that, seniors and studs win games.

I like really Dubin this year. I was touting Dublin all last year. Unfortuately they lost over 8 senior starters to season ending injuries an despite that had close games with Acalanes, Alhambra and Las Lomas. Any of those three games they could of won in the last minutes.

Dublin's defense was really bad but they all return. Their experience should help them. Also returning are their starting RB's and 3/5th of their starting line which should be huge again. Dublin was built to run and they looked really good when they committed to it.

What many think is a big loss is the three year starter QB. Not a big loss as Dublin really needs more of a runner than a passer. Wade has to understand the intelligence level at Dublin is not at Miramonte's level. Things needs to be simple. Simple will equate to success at Dublin.

I think Alhambra has realized that they're not the typical DFAL team they run heavy which works against teams like miramonte dublin and dv but one dimension games when they have to rely on their pass game against campo LL and Acalanes is where they lose those games, but which McCart and Beck out of the back field makes a Lb cover them because of the spread could be deadly even to powerhouses like Campo.
I really like Alhambra or Campo this year and I am confident in my predictions
the only team i dont know about is Dublin i think they could talk that 4 or maybe even 3 spot if what Trivalley says is true and their defense improves from what they were last year.

Agreed mshNasty - I believe a strong JV team can add depth at the Varsity level but except in rare cases not much else. I cannot speak to the rest of the DFAL but Las Lomas losses huge "home run" threats in Fulks (RB) and Wood (QB). I think LL would be very pleased going 2-2 in non-conference play.

Dublin year in and year out seems to be the mystery team. Loads of talent, terrific community support, excellent facilities...I just don't get it. I like their HC Wade as well.

1. Call it a long shot but Campo or Alhambra 10-0 6-0 in League and winning the DFAL
2. Campo or Alhambra 9-1 5-1 in League losing to Alhambra or Campo
3. Acalanes 8-2 4-2 in League Losing to Alhambra and Campo
4. Las Lomas 7-3 3-3 in League beating Dublin, Miramonte, and DV
5. Dublin 4-6 2-4 in League beating DV and Miramonte
6. Miramonte 4-6 1-5 in League beating DV
7. DV 2-8 0-6 in League

Battlein, are you familiar with offensive lineman Matt Gutwald from Dublin High? I've had my head in EBAL the past four years and he is just now coming onto my radar. I have not seen him play but I see he has offers from Brown, Columbia and Sac State. I also see he's on Cal Poly's radar.

GoBears89....Las Lomas should get by College Park and North Gate, but San Ramon is a different story as they will be super strong this season and Granada may be a challenge??
Had some Granada players on 7-7 team, the dad thinks best team in awhile.

HAS- Granada has two good classes in their SR's and JR's. Andrews their FB/DL/LB is a stud. If I was a betting man I'd at least say 6-4 min.

Bubba- Gutwald is OK, obviously a great student. I can't really see any D1 teams offering him unless he has a great summer camp Circut.

Gutwald played RT and is decent. He wasn't the top lineman last year for Dublin but he certainly has the
Measurements to play D1. If he is going get to the next level he will have to increase his strength in the weight room and cut his 40 time down to around 5.2/5.3.

So Dublin's left side will have:

Gutwald 6'4 275
Lukin 6'1 240
Center - 6'2 240
Throw in Williams who is a beast of a runner (he torched campo last year for 200 yards) and Son who runs a sub 4.5, we now we have something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT