ADVERTISEMENT

National Ranking Take a look Clay

cvhl

Superstar
Nov 19, 2003
Clay,

Before you set your final rankings consider this. Top three teams are SMS, Blackman and Nuemann-Goretti.

If you look at the real competition these 3 play (meaning top 500 teams) here is how they stack up.

Neumann:

Played 8 teams in the top 500, 2 of which were ranked in the top 100 and 1 in the top 25.
They did go undefeated which Blackmun and SMS did not.
The top 25 win was week 1 of the season, both teams just getting started.
Beat #86 by 5 and #406 by 3.

Blackman, SMS, Mater Dei, Chaminade all would have gone undefeated with this schedule.

Blackman:

Played 14 teams in the top 500, 3 in the top 100 and 2 in the top 25.
1 and 1 against top 25 and 2 and 1 against top 100.
They did beat SMS but have 2 losses, better that day but on the season?

SMS:

18 top 500 teams, 4 in the top 100 and 7 in the top 25. Yes 7
A 6-1 record against the top 25
6 teams that SMS played won state championships.

You talk about body of work and SMS has by far the best resume. Nuemann may have a very good team but they did not really ever put themselves in harms way. Blackmans victory over SMS is a fair argument but going to the round robin here, SMS beat Mater Dei, Mater Dei beat Blackman and Blackman beat SMS. Any given day. I also think most would agree those are without a doubt the best 3 in the country. What SMS has done in 2015 has been most impressive of any team in the country.

My vote is SMS #1

This post was edited on 3/30 12:02 PM by cvhl

I agree 100%. Don't forget SMS returns 95% of team and possibly some new talent.

OMG. I just watched the latest Xcellent25 video which had a clip of Neumann Goretti. They look like a middle school team with a giant 6'9" center. And the team they beat in the state championship game is ranked 800-something and 30th in the state of PA. This one doesn't pass the smell test.

Not sure if it helps, but please feel free to add your own comments to the USA Today story below to open up the eyes for their ranking that will come out on 4/1/15. Not sure if they will read these comments, but hoping so.

Additionally, I don't see Neumann beating St. Mary's press. And even though Neumann has a giant for their "go to" player, I see SMS guards and Decosta getting her in foul trouble, just as they did KLS. I also believe Decosta's leaping ability will be able to deny some of the passes and her shots. She may be tall, but I guarantee she does not jump very high. Can she slam dunk? Supposedly, Decosta can with two hands (in practice) or at least come close.

If Neumann is all that, why weren't they at the Nike TOC tournament? It appears USA Today looks at the W-L record more than other factors.

Why is the top 25 team that Neumann has a win over, Paul VI High School (Fairfax), ranked so high, higher than Mater Dei going into the CIF Open championship game? Paul VI just won their state championship game by 8 against a team with a losing (13-16) record and ranked #962 in the country by MaxPreps. Paul VI only other loss was to a 13-4 #208 Cosby (by 5 points). Mater Dei is so much better than Paul VI and even Neumann. Likewise, Chaminade who's only losses are to top 20 MaxPreps teams, just like Mater Dei (only to Chaminade and St. Mary's). I sense East Coast bias!

Link to USA Today Story on St. Mary's vs Mater Dei

I have seen the Nuemann tape also, the 6'9' player would not be involved in a SMS game. The pace would be to fast and I don't believe she would make it to the paint on either side of the ball. SMS could beat them by 50 because of the complete match-up issue.

Here is another amazing stat for SMS

McClatchy won the Cal D1 championship and lost to SMS by 23.

Bishop O'Dowd won the D3 championship and lost to SMS by 29.

Sierra Canyon won the D4 championship and lost to SMS by 8 after trailing 54 - 22 at the half.

La Jolla County Day won the D5 championship and lost to SMS by 33.

Four state champs that would be legit in any other state all got stomped by SMS.

Wow how can anybody be SO SO WRONG BLACKMAN BEAT SMS HEAD TO HEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S ALL SHE WROTE AND NOTHING MORE TO SAY AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POINT BLANK BLACKMAN #2 OR #1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't change that at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Next year if SMS can repeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't disagree if Blackman was ranked #1. They had a significantly tougher schedule than Neumann-Goretti.

Originally posted by RespectBBGame:

Wow how can anybody be SO SO WRONG BLACKMAN BEAT SMS HEAD TO HEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S ALL SHE WROTE AND NOTHING MORE TO SAY AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! POINT BLANK BLACKMAN #2 OR #1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't change that at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe Next year if SMS can repeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RespectBBGame = Ballerdreams = SMS Hater!!!

SMS loss to Blackman, yes. But, Mater Dei beat Blackman soon after. So if head-to-head is the factor, Blackman should be ranked below Mater Dei. Right? Oh wait, Mater Dei has additional losses to Chaminade (it's only other losses). Let's not forget that Blackman has an early season loss to a 38-5 Potter House. But, more importantly, Blackman needed 2OT to beat a 25-8 Oakland (TN) for their state title. Did St. Mary's need 2OT to beat Mater Dei? I guess because Chaminade beat Mater Dei twice, but lost "lately" to Mater Dei, you have Chaminade ranked higher than Mater Dei. Just remember, it's how you finish that matters. Stop hating! It's not healthy.

Not hating at all facts are facts right or am I wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes SMS was the best in CA this year but not in the Nation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk all you want and SMS still will be 3rd or 2nd in the nation which is great but Blackman this is better then SMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No hate HEAD to HEAD tells it all !!!!! Maybe SMS can beat them but didn't happen this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by RespectBBGame:

Not hating at all facts are facts right or am I wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes SMS was the best in CA this year but not in the Nation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk all you want and SMS still will be 3rd or 2nd in the nation which is great but Blackman this is better then SMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No hate HEAD to HEAD tells it all !!!!! Maybe SMS can beat them but didn't happen this year!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hint! Your head-to-head logic, especially early on, has been challenged and CANCELS OUT your logic of head-to-head.

Don't you comprehend? Mater Dei beat Blackman. This means Mater Dei should be ranked ahead of Blackman. Right? Or did I just confuse you?

You will dispute it maybe saying that Mater Dei has more losses (2 to Chaminade and 1 to St. Mary's). I will dispute that Blackman has an additional loss to Potter House. I also dispute that although both teams won state championships, St. Mary's victory is much more notable than Blackman's.

Admit it ... you are Ballerdreams, who changed your call-name to hide from all of the Ballerdream haters. Admit it ... you are still a St. Mary's HATER. Admittance is the first step to curing your problem. Need help?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT