ADVERTISEMENT

Newman vs Casa - NBL Champ

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Well two of the best Norcal teams meet for NBL Tourney Champ at SRJC. The bad things is they are both D2 NCS and could hook up again. Too bad they didn't play D1 this year. I think both teams could compete at that level. Newman already beat MV this year. Some really good baseball above the Golden Gate this year.

Casa has great pitching and offence, and they are on a roll right now and could hang with most D1 teams. Also in NBL, Carrillo did very well vs. D1 teams early in the year, but they're in a funk lately so D2 is probably where they belong. Newman is also where they belong in D2. Enrollment-wise I believe they could be playing D4, and that's where some of the baseball parents would like to see them play, but that would be a joke.

I agree its where they belong long term. Newman always played up in baseball and football if you look on enrollment only. D4 would be a joke is right. I was just saying this is a year where the top teams in NBL could compete with anybody. CASA is loaded and on a mission. I think they have like 15 or 16 wins in a row?

Bella, impressive win considering how hot Casa was. (Riding a 15 game win streak). Happy for TJ and staff. Looks like Newman has a legit shot at a NCS Championship.

Bella, impressive win considering how hot Casa was. (Riding a 15 game win streak). Happy for TJ and staff. Looks like Newman has a legit shot at a NCS Championship.

Yeah, they do, especially now that NCS has chosen to give them the #2 seed in playoffs, despite the fact that Casa beat them decisively 2 out of 3 this season and was the league champion. I like to see everybody do well but sometimes I do wonder what the heck the NCS staff does to earn their six-figures-plus-bennies salaries.

Very interesting seeds in NCS Division II bracket. They rewarded league playoff results over league standings and Livermore got a 10 seed. That will be one of the most fun brackets in NorCal.

Well Newman is out. I heard score was 2-1 Concord the #15 seed. Ouch. Baseball is weird like that. In hoops these first round games are typically blowouts. Baseball you never know.

Well Newman is out. I heard score was 2-1 Concord the #15 seed. Ouch. Baseball is weird like that. In hoops these first round games are typically blowouts. Baseball you never know.

Boy, you go that right. #1 seed beat #16 seed 1-0 in D2. And in D1, nationally ranked College Park beat #15 seed by one run. You can't take anything for granted in baseball!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT