ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Nationals Updates

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Cal Stars lost to Cal Storm (79-61) in the opener of the the Nike Nationals. They play Michigan Crossover later today.

I think this is the first loss for Cal Stars overall and definitely their first loss in EYBL action.

Cal Stars had an easy win in their second game against Michigan Crossover (71-47).

Cal Stars lost to Cal Storm (79-61) in the opener of the the Nike Nationals. They play Michigan Crossover later today.

I think this is the first loss for Cal Stars overall and definitely their first loss in EYBL action.

I had to do a double take when I first saw that score. Must have really pumped up Leanna Odom to play against Valerie Higgins

They played against a turf team with 3 Norcal Players and 2 of them won state for BOD and SM Stockton and the other runner up from Brookside Christian. There where more rivals going against each then everyone taught. This is the time year where wins and lose early in the year really don't matter. Teams have to just peak at the right time like the backcourt dual McDonald and Clayton.

Cal Stars posted an easy wins over Central Florida Elite and Team Elite Pointer to improve to 3-1 in group play. They play Tree of Hope on Wednesday.

Cal Storm lost to Team Elite, so the Cal Stars are tied for first in their pool

Cal Stars beat Tree of Hope 54-36 in their final pool play game to end up at 4-1. Defense has been locked in after the opening loss.

Cal Stars blew out DFW and will play in the semifinals starting in the next few minutes.

Cal Stars win Nike Nationals 78-47. Don't see many all-star teams play like the Stars. Second finals appearance in three years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT