ADVERTISEMENT

OAL Mac 2015 Transfers

TMJA

Superstar
Nov 6, 2014
Question of the year. After being busted for 2014 recruiting violations, will Mac risk being banned from the post season again by going after other players from NCS to transfer in 2015. They were busted for recruiting the San Ramon QB last year, but word has it that they had at least 5 other transfers in last year from other schools. Do they risk it all again this year, or did they learn their lesson?

Was there even a consequence for Mack or the OAL? There was a consequence for Davidson. I predict more of the same if there was no consequence.

Excuse my aging, failing memory but was the McClymonds-Davidson issue a matter of actual Mack recruiting OR sloppy paperwork that allowed the San Ramon transfer to initially play with his new team? In my mind, though both processes violate current rules there is a big difference between the two.

My recollection is that the Davidson's duped the OAL by renting a house in West Oakland and claiming it was their primary residence but never actually moving in.

MACK did suffer consequences- significant ones at that- they had forfeits which kept them out of the Regional game. Additionally, they played most of their season without their #1 QB.

The more important question is why can athletes transfer without any punishment in the Southern Section. Keyshawn Johnsons kid played for 3 different teams. In the same season. In the same section. No punishment.

The Nor Cal section commissioners sit back and take it. Weak leadership.

2 schools in a week and he was eligible to play at the new school, I believe Calabasas High. I guess if you can afford to grease those that matter.....it helps.

Good point Paul, how could I miss the fact that this ordeal cost Mack and it's honest players a chance at a state title. The part about losing their starting QB proved moot since they have little to no competition in league play.

The Warriors went 9-0 without the Danville QB. Once he got beat out by the soon to be Stanford baseball player, Dad decided to scheme. Mack and Russell White were simply sleazily played. How arrogant or misguided are tweets about all his college visits and "Elite 11 #1 in LA." Quoting scripture and saying "Work Hard in Silence. Let Success be Your Noise," yet practicing and promoting the opposite smacks of entitlement and self-importance.
One would think a lower profile would be in order after crushing the dreams of so many inner city kids and their families who'll probably never have the same (gifted) opportunities as most in Danville enjoy.

The Warriors went 9-0 without the Danville QB. Once he got beat out by the soon to be Stanford baseball player, Dad decided to scheme. Mack and Russell White were simply sleazily played. How arrogant or misguided are tweets about all his college visits and "Elite 11 #1 in LA." Quoting scripture and saying "Work Hard in Silence. Let Success be Your Noise," yet practicing and promoting the opposite smacks of entitlement and self-importance.
One would think a lower profile would be in order after crushing the dreams of so many inner city kids and their families who'll probably never have the same (gifted) opportunities as most in Danville enjoy.
Wwwaaaaahhhhhhh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT