ADVERTISEMENT

question to coaches about G61?

decoydan

Superstar
Dec 5, 2011
Coaches and veteran board members. Is G61
tarnishing Folsom's accomplishments and image?

Are programs less likely to schedule with Folsom because
they are sick and tired of G61 and do not want their programs
degraded by him?

At some point do other Folsom faithful speak up and tell
him to shut his mouth?

Would love to here what others think.

I don't think anything said here has any play when it comes to scheduling games.

It's a message board. Nobody believes a word anyone on here says.

And if they do...that makes it even more funny.

There are other boards that actually talk football and not gossip and bicker. That is where most people in the know hang out.

This post was edited on 2/20 1:59 PM by Lips and Picks

I don't have an issue with his posts. They are pretty repetitive and once in a blue moon he does make an informative contribution.

G61's posts remind me of that car that pulls up along side you at a red light, music blaring, indecipherable and that tinny rattling noise coming out of the trunk area. You look over and see the driver is smiling, head bobbing and hands slapping time on the steering wheel.......he's happy, works for me even if I don't get it.

In my opinion the worst thing that can happen is posting and the only reaction is crickets chirping every time you check your last post.......zero response, nada, nichevo.........and I have my share of those. Often considered changing my posting name to:
Threadkiller. Like the Titanic I have watched my last post on someone's thread slowly slide down the posting list with no more responses.

G61's post haven't changed my attitude about Folsom football; at some point they will show up again. Never take these boards too serious.......doesn't pay my mortgage, put groceries in the fridge or help keep the utilities turned on.

Things like this are why my link to this site is 'Football Gossip'. I don't come here to learn anything about any programs, nobody knows unless they are in the meetings, everything else is conjecture and fun. This board impacting Folsom schedule? Not likely in any reality.

G61 is okay in my book. Like one poster above infers, if you don't like it you don't have to respond. He hasn't posted anything offensive and some times his posts are humorous. There is a place for Hell raisers. Makes life interesting.

Though I doubt anybody from the teams in question take any notice what G61 says here, I disagree with the idea that he's okay. He routinely insults people, either in groups or individually. In real life how long would he survive if he went around calling strangers losers and such? I've not been here that long or that much, but besides the boring, repetitive nature of his shtick, and the sheer stupidity of most of it, the worst thing I've seen him do is call out a specific basketball player repeatedly for being "soft as charmin". If that was my child I would not take kindly to it. I'm guessing he just follows Folsom and is not a parent. I'd like to think that parenthood tends to make most people a little wiser than that.

Perhaps this post should be about Mt John? I like G61 and think he has a lot of good things to say. He promotes his team like everyone else on here to some degree, I also agree with him that many Bay area posters can't acknowledge just how good Folsom was. Sounds like your the only "couch coach" that needs to take your ball and go home. Ask your mom to make you some cookies and to tuck you into bed tonight.....it will be all better tomorrow.
wink.r191677.gif

Despite the fact I called him out this week on another thread I don't mind the guy for the most part when he's not on a hypocritical rant. He obviously knows his high school sports and makes solid points from time to time. We all have or different opinions and nobody on this board is the authority on what is right and wrong and that's the frustrating part when g61 descredits others will relentless jabs. We all have probably come off like an ass every now and then on this board that's life. When g61 understands that Folsom High School is not the center of the universe it will be a great day. Harness that energy into some positive posts every now and then and respect other people's opinions and there is no issue, it's not to late to turn away from the dark side

About me? Actually, G61 comes across as very unknowledgable about Folsom. He just rants about their greatness and seems to think they made some magical jump in 2014 over the past two years. He forgets that DLS had an even better running game than the two years they squashed Folsom. Making statements like 42-21 Folsom over DLS shows his total ignorance of high school football.

I might knock Sacramento area hs fb at times, but at least I don't make absurd statements like G61 does.

One interesting fact is that when G61 hops on a thread
it gets thousands of views. While he is out there, I have to
believe there is an entertainment factor that makes people
read and respond.

G61 is quite a character. He has some pretty accurate points at times. At other times he is just stirring the pot. He does make some statements that get attention of a lot of folks who tend to keep there head in the sand. Things in our society that are happening today. And one thing is more sure. He has a special place in his heart for Elk Grove and Santa Rosa.

The Bay Area homerism theme is old.Everyone,including Bay Area guys acknowledges Folsom was a great,special team this year.Nobody anywhere not giving Folsom their due respect for how good they were this year.Not a Bay Area vs Folsom issue.He should just dispense with the immature `Im going to piss off DLS supporters,its my lifes work` thing.Demonstrate more football knowledge in his posts,less posting for irritation effect.Substance over style.

Originally posted by decoydan:
One interesting fact is that when G61 hops on a thread
it gets thousands of views. While he is out there, I have to
believe there is an entertainment factor that makes people
read and respond.
Agree...he's entertaining.

I give him credit for at least bolstering a very good football program...though at times excessive especially when DLS has trounced them 2 years in a row (though not this past season).

I actually prefer G61's posts over the Riordan Jackrabbit's pathetic use of this board to whine & search for their next AD, Coach, & Principal...and that other idiot Cathedral Dons Dad with his "No-Cal" ravings...

Why would you think coaches would give a rat's azz about what some bonehead says on a message board?

Mtnjohn,
Seriously, what is your problem!? You hate Folsom for some odd reason. I mean, NOBODY could EVER be better than DLS...Total homer mentality. Jake Browning would have thrown for 400 yards on your beloved DLS defense.

Oh by the way... 2014 STATE CHAMPS!!!!
uzi.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/27 12:18 PM by G61

By the way, thank you to all that defended me on this post while I wasn't able to post (due to someone complaining about my posts).

I think most of you "get" what I am trying to say most of the time. And, if you are offended because you are insecure about where you live, your kid, or your team, just get off the message board.

If you can't stand the HEAT, get out the kitchen!
laugh.r191677.gif

I don't hate Folsom, just that they ran up Browning's totals. Interesting that NO OTHER HAS EVER stated like you do about Folsom running all over DLS.

It is obvious you have little knowledge of sports in general.

It is obvious that you have zero knowledge of football if you think they ran of Browning's stats. He hardly played in ANY of the 4th quarters the whole season, except the State title game and a few more. I was personally AT the Granite Bay game and watched them hand the ball off the ENTIRE first quarter, throwing only a few times.

Can you imagine what his stats would have been if they played him the entire game, ever game!? Simply the best QB (passing wise) to ever come out of CA at the high school level.

Shows how much you know
uzi.r191677.gif

mtnjohn states I know nothing about sports...

This is coming from a guy that is putting down the most prolific passer in CA high school history, saying his stats were padded! LOL

This is all coming from a DLS homer who has a QB that cannot throw the ball 5 yards IN THE AIR!?

It is obvious you didn't watch us play this year. I invite you to one of our spring practices. I assure you we will throw the ball more than 5 yards in the air...multiple times
laugh.r191677.gif

What do you mean when you say "our practices". Are you a coach for Folsom? Do you even live in Folsom?

I live in Folsom, yes...

It is apparent you want to, but can't...

Hey I thought I would send u this. check the post on delasalle 163 comments and comments on g61 67 comments. i thought i spelled it out pretty clearly to all. even if browning throws for 400 folsom still loses by a ton. i gave the stats and qb ratings and even accelerated his stats. now u say dls qb cant throw for 5 yds, used to be 10. check out brownings avg yds per pass against dela 8 yds over 2 years, thats less than 10 yds. u criticized dls qbs. thAT SHOULD HAVE CLOSED THIS DISCUSSION. i dont think u should have yur comments censored and no coaches would take them seriously anyway unless its the folsom coaches. taylor might buy into yur BS. have a good summer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT