ADVERTISEMENT

Rabb

raiderjohn

Sports Fanatic
Sep 11, 2001
Jaylen Brown goes to Wheeler High....same as Abdur-Rahim. SAR had never heard of Cal, until Kidd played there.

Rabb has a chance to create a legacy that Kidd started 22 years ago. If Brown climbs on board, that would be a major get that can have Cal as conference favorites and in the least get to the 2nd weekend.

Wow Marcus Lee, he definitely would have gotten minutes here, but at least with his game exposed in Kentucky, their winning, there's exposure, there isn't anything better than playing at an elite basketball factory. At the end of the day, either at Cal or Kentucky, he probably would be an NBA 15th man/DLeaguer for about 2 seasons followed by an overseas career. I can't see anything wrong with that. Do you pretty much get all the playing time you want and play for a mediocre Cal team, or gain the Kentucky hoop experience, that was pretty much what he was looking at.

I see your point,but why go across the country to come off the bench? Besides Cal,there were schools like Arizona,UCLA,and Gonzaga that are pretty good programs(Bruins rebuilding) where he could have started and contributed more.Looks like hes going to have to be the rare 4 year player at UK in order to start.And with the way Calipari recruits,even that is no guarantee.

Stephen Curry played at Davidson. what guards from Kentucky and Arizona are better than him. Or Clay who went to WSU.

I personally think Lee has done better than I expected. He's a good solid contributor and has a niche with shot blocking, offensive rebounding, and playing D on the press. He should have a good overseas career but I don't think he has the skill to play in the NBA. Is it me or does anybody see any real stallions coming from this UK class? I like Towns the best. Reminds me a little of Demarcus Russell but a lot better of a person. I don't see any Anthony Davis likes though.

Damian Lilliard went to Weber St for god sake. You never know who translates at the next level. Tough to call.

Rabb has a lot of Anthony Davis in his game. 6"10 who can face up and shoot it. Great athlete and rebounder. Might not be the shot blocker but the skill set is so high. Has footwork like timmy D and can use both hands.

Rabb's would like to model his game like one of his favorite players Kevin Garnett. We can only hope he can attain such lofty comparisons. I see him as a Chris Bosh. Very effective offensively and a decent defender.

Well I think its a different perspective for kids who werent McDonalds All Americans or 4 or 5 star recruits.Curry or Klay T,or Lillard for that matter werent,to my knowledge,in the 4 or 5 star category coming out of high school.As a result they went to lower level D1 schools(except for Klay,who,while going to a Pac12 school went to one of the perennially 2nd tier programs at Wash St) and worked on their games and developed.Happens alot,in football too.And its nice to see that kind of kid succeed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT