#81 Lamar Jackson DB Franklin-Elk Grove
#100 Shurod Thompson DB Liberty
#112 Jordan Parker DB Pittsburg
#113 Boss Tagaloa DT De La Salle
#124 Devin Asiasi TE De La Salle
#139 Collin Johnson WR Valley Christian-San Jose
#140 Camilo Eifler LB Bishop O'Dowd
#216 Beau Bisharat ATH Jesuit

Do you agree or disagree with the national staff?

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-rivals250/2016

Here is how it shook out for the NorCal players:

#24 Jonah Williams OL Folsom (5-star)
#81 Lamar Jackson DB Franklin-Elk Grove
#100 Shurod Thompson DB Liberty
#112 Jordan Parker DB Pittsburg
#113 Boss Tagaloa DT De La Salle
#124 Devin Asiasi TE De La Salle
#139 Collin Johnson WR Valley Christian-San Jose
#140 Camilo Eifler LB Bishop O'Dowd
#216 Beau Bisharat ATH Jesuit

Do you agree or disagree with the national staff?

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-rivals250/2016

I mostly agree with it. I think a case could be made for flipping Thompson and Parker and possibly flipping Asiasi and Tagaloa. Maybe I'm just splittin hars........not sure how I missed knowing about Lamar Jackson. Funny how in the shadow of Cody Creason lurked a better offensive lineman in Jonah Williams.

Lamar Jackson started as a sophomore at QB for Franklin and moved to WR/RB/DB as a junior after starting as a QB last year too. His ranking seems a little high for me and I think Asasi is a low. To drop a cliche, "he passes the look test (physical and skill wise)" of an elite TE.

Lamar Jackson started as a sophomore at QB for Franklin and moved to WR/RB/DB as a junior after starting as a QB last year too. His ranking seems a little high for me and I think Asasi is a low. To drop a cliche, "he passes the look test (physical and skill wise)" of an elite TE.

To be honest Jackson probably passes the look test too. I focus mostly on offensive linemen and that's probably why I missed Jackson along the way.

Lamar Jackson does pass the look test. I added the skill part to my post because I question if his physical tools translates to elite production in a real game setting.

No one's recruitment has taken off like Jackson's this spring.

Lamar Jackson does pass the look test. I added the skill part to my post because I question if his physical tools translates to elite production in a real game setting.

No one's recruitment has taken off like Jackson's this spring.

Talk about a ton of BIG offers for Jackson!

Agree with Bubba. I think Parker and Tagaloa should be higher ranked. Parker seems to have had a spectacular combine season with the Open invitation and earning all-RCS on Defense. Saw Asiasi's videos from his passing team and the Nike Combine and he is looking more and more like a defensive end these days. Thompson should drop based on what I saw on the field last season and character issues.

Sounds like the Liberty staff is now bending over backwards for the kid which is why he ultimatley left Pittsburg according to popular belief amongst everyone outside of Liberty.

But of course I know the rankings have absolutely nothing to do with character and academics.

I would bet Collin Johnson would be rated higher if he played outside the WCAL. He is probably the most physically gifted WR I have seen in the CCS. Not that it hurt him since he committed to Texas before his junior year but what an under utilized talent...

When i watch Asiasi play in the 7 v 7 's and take into account how he blocks, I see a kid who will be playing TE in the NFL.

Asiasi has passed his SAT's.
With all due respect, it's a little misleading perhaps for younger readers yet to explore college admittance factors. One does not "pass or fail" the SAT or ACT. You get a score if you show up and stay for the exam. Even if you don't answer a question! Of course, that does not happen. Whether applying as an student athlete or solely academically, it's a measuring stick against your peers to determine capability. Perhaps what Sic refers to is the level of score certain recruiters are looking for to attend their school. There are such wide bands of eligibility when it comes to SAT/ACT and D1 football that a 1800/28 3* could get bumped by a 1500/23 4* at places like Cal and Stanford. Happens more than one would think. You can probably imagine what transpires in the SEC.

Being this is a football forum with kids dealing with recruiters and there schools admissions requirements. Per there situation as student athletes for there respective sport. The term Passing and its meaning here goes without saying. I mean hey if we got some rhodes scholars playing left tackle in the EBAL more power to you. thanks for the breaking it down for the younger kids.

It's still a good discussion. A "passing" score for a kid in Asiasi's shoes may not be good enough for a kid with less options. And it's tragic when a 4 or 5 star player can't make the grades or test scores to get into a top school that wants them. Best to work hard and do as well as you can to improve your options.

My point exactly. I'm not a recruiter but I have friends and to your point of the top recruits not making the grade, it is all about availability right down to the wire. To all players that are lower than the 4 and 5 stars keep working. Have a kick butt senior year and the availability clause that has happened with the top recruits in the land could be a big pay off for you in the end. Never over till it's over. Thanx observer

I see where there has been questions about Lamar Jackson and why his stock has risen so fast. I have this information from someone close to Jackson and knows more than a little about him. This person, by the way, told me about Jackson before he played his first varsity game at Franklin. What happened was this spring Jackson attended some camps and at one played against, and locked down a couple of highly rated national wide receiver recruits. After this happened he has received offers from numerous Pac-12, Big 12, Big 10, and SEC. It's been said he's received over 30 offers from various powers. This is why he is so highly rated at this time.

Is Jonah Williams rated too high considering Folsom plays no one and thus hard to rate him vs top flight competition (like DLS).

Is Jonah Williams rated too high considering Folsom plays no one and thus hard to rate him vs top flight competition (like DLS).
That's just really stupid and the trolling gets redundant. I like DLS and you certainly don't help the situation.

Not that a troll like Mounting John is deserving of a reply but Jonah Williams is the real deal, folks. I often don't agree with Rivals star ratings but I rarely question a five star recruit and he's no exception. Look at his film and offer sheet and get back to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT