ADVERTISEMENT

Sac All Metro

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Not a lot of surprise. Although I would have put Jordan Roberson on the first team.

POY- Jordan Ford

FIRST TEAM
ISAIAH BAILEY
G, Jesuit, senior
NOAH BLACKWELL
G, Woodcreek, senior
MARQUESE CHRISS
F, Pleasant Grove, senior
SOLOMON YOUNG
F, Sacramento, junior
JORDAN BROWN
C, Woodcreek, freshman

SECOND TEAM
DEVIN GREENE
G, Sheldon, junior
JORDAN ROBERSON
G, Cordova, senior
CHRISTIAN TERRELL
G, Sacramento, junior
MATT MANNING
F, Sheldon, junior
DeANDRE STALLINGS
C, Liberty Ranch, senior

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/prep-plus-blog/article17186729.html#storylink=cpy

Bailey. Both had great years but Roberson better IMO. Doesn't matter anyway. List is pretty legit.

i thought at least one player from Capital Christian should have been on the third team

And at least one other player from Cordova or Liberty Ranch should have been at least honorable mention.

Treyshon Smoots-Jones, frosh, from Grant should have been at least honorable mention.

no Harmetz from McClatchy, no kids from Florin and they beat several teams with kids on the list.

squeaky wheels get the oil ...

As good as Capital was as a team, difficult to put one of the kids on third team when the league MVP is honorable mention (Schieve of Marysville).

Is it possible the other coaches in the GEL got it WRONG! Justice was far and away the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. He makes a team a winner.

It is possible, but you take away Schieve and Marysville is much worse than CC would be if you took away Justice. CC had much more talent than Marysville. All depends on how you look at it. And please don't construe this as taking anything away from Justice. Great athlete and even better person.

Out of curiosity is it possible for say the CC boys hoops team to play in a more competitive league while the remaining school sports stay in the appropriate league? I look at them or what sac country day is currently doing in boys hoops and logically it would be better for the teams mentioned to play better comp and it must be discouraging for the teams in their league to realistically have little or no chance.

i just feel if a team

dominates a league they should get the league MVP; unless there is a player that is clearly and i mean by far the best player in the league.

Re: i just feel if a team

I mentioned this on another thread. Most all league selections are a voting between all coaches in that league. The sac all metro is Joe Davidson's picks. That's why there are players on the All metro that didn't even make all league and there are 1st team all league players that didn't even get honorable mention. Scratching my head

Re: i just feel if a team

Davidson does a pretty good job considering he is running a one man show. The Franklin kids were definite over sights this year. Eric toles should of been higher imo as well. Speaking of Franklin just hired Manfreddi from Monterey trail. I predict Franklin will be a power in the future with him at the helm.

It isn't just the league - the GEL. The GEL actually has a very high competitive level, with six of the seven GEL schools going to the section playoffs and three GEL schools being section playoff semi-finalists.

The bigger picture is that CC has already won five SECTION championships this school year, after winning four SECTION titles last year.

I am guessing there is a pretty good chance that CC gets looked at when the section conducts their two-year realignment revisit because of their success across all programs.

Could Jordan Brown be the most talented post player in Sac since Yogi Stewart? Certainly seems to have that kind of potential.

Tough comparison to Yogi Stewart. Stewart was so limited offensively. He was a 6"10 pogo stick who blocked shots. Had a nice run and got most out of his ability. Brown is just so much further along at this stage. Its not even close. But Brown is not the athlete steward was either. Brown certainly has big time potential and all the writing is on the wall.

What about Ryan Anderson from Oak Ridge. 6"10 but more of a stretch 4. Sort of a little better than Yogi wouldn't you say.... More like Browns game.

Brown is the first sac area kid who I have seen who basically is a can't miss nba talent and he's only a frosh. He is quite a bid better than rabb was as a frosh which is saying a ton.

I'm the biggest Brown supporter out there, but to call him can't miss NBA is a little premature. If I had a dollar for every can't miss prospect, I could retire by now. Plus the worst thing you can do is tell a 14yr old he is a lock for nba. Yes he does have the best footwork for a big I have ever seen and his mid-range game is ahead of nearly any big I have seen, his biggest challenge is not being a "freak athlete" which helps when making the jump to the league. I like the Tim Duncan comparison the best with him espically if he can grow a few more inches

131press- I agree with you. So early to call. But at this stage 27-0 makes a good point with regards to his talent. He's really off the chart and even better than Rabb at this stage as well. Can't say enough about him. If he gets to a legit 6"10 -6"11 the sky is the limit. Should be fun to watch him.

I agree Brown is an outstanding player for a freshman, but to say he is better than Rabb at this stage is premature. Four years ago the bay had some outstanding big men who Rabb did very decent against. Brown is excelling, but I don't think he is facing the caliber of players Rabb did at this stage of his young HS career. The sky is the limit for both if they continue to work hard.

@En4cr good call on the type of schedule Raab played. I also agree the sky is the limit for both. Let's hope Woodcreek stops scheduling the same type of preseason they typically have for years (Whitney,natomas,Casa Robles, Chavez) and start scheduling like they are a Large school with a national prospect. It not only will benefit Jordan and his development but also will help come playoff time, so when they play a Sheldon or San Ramon they will be ready.

He is clearly better than rabb was as a frosh and that's no slight on rabb. There isn't one thing rabb did better. Defense and rebounding close to even but brown is a far far more polished offensive player. Will he end up better than rabb?? Maybe not time will tell.

131 Pressman

Realize Woodcreek went to the playoffs just once during the four years they had Blackwell----and Brown may be the only can left in the cupboard.

Re: 131 Pressman

And the cupboard will be completely empty since CC is saying Jordan will be there next season.

JCCJ / 27-0

what's the rule for transferring from a public school to a private, is there any sit-out period, for a soph or junior?

Re: 131 Pressman

@ Coach FJ. Your right they did only make playoffs 1 time in Blackwell 4 yrs, kind of sad espically considering besides this yr the previous yrs the league had been down. I would argue not challenging your team in the preseason is one of the reasons they hurt player development and the teams failed to make playoffs in those seasons, despite having some talent each of those yrs. check the all leagues of each of those seasons and you will see they were represented as well as the playoff teams. Woodcreek will be fine if Brown is back, they have some talent that will surprise people and Brown's progression will make up for any loss of talent. Can somebody confirm CC for Brown, been hearing that chatter all year,

Please Note:

Justice should have been MVP instead of the Marysville kid but the Capital coach voted for his own son, and not Justice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT