ADVERTISEMENT

SHC - 2015 Preseason Schedule

Rikfran

Superstar
Jun 26, 2009
Looks to be upgraded some from last year.

Per team calendar, all 3 will be played at Kezar

1. Terra Nova
2. St. Joseph - Santa Maria
3. Monte Vista - Danville

Originally posted by Rikfran:

1. Terra Nova
Looks like a good set of games. Maybe we won't hear wise cracks from the peanut gallery about the "weak" pre-season games. I like that they're all at Kezar. No more TN fog.

I'll have to look up that St. Joseph team.

Some years St Joseph-Santa Maria has some good teams. They play is a pretty strong league (Pac 7) for Southern Section D3 league (although with exception of St Joe's, the schools in the league are bigger than Norcal D3 teams).. 2012 they defeated Palma pretty soundly and lost to the Chieftains the two previous years (2011 and 2010) in close ones. Palma had a good series with them. Well coached team. St Joe's current head coach Dustin Davis came from Windsor High in the Sonoma County Athletic League (NCS). In the past, they seemed to have a pretty balanced offense and from time to time have some talent. In some years they are probably comparable to an average Cardinal Newman team.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
A good upgrade compared to last season. Also, it's good to see the games played at Kezar. What visiting school would not want to play at this historic stadium?!?
Originally posted by Irish_Cheers:
Originally posted by Rikfran:

1. Terra Nova
Looks like a good set of games. Maybe we won't hear wise cracks from the peanut gallery about the "weak" pre-season games. I like that they're all at Kezar. No more TN fog.

I'll have to look up that St. Joseph team.

Marks a big improvement in pre-league scheduling & should better prepare the Irish for tough WCAL games. The Irish had the weakest pre-season schedule by far of any WCAL team last season and wins such as the 51-6 pasting of Galileo did little to prepare them. A step in the right direction IMO. Will the Irish have a new look offense in 2015?

Originally posted by jordan24:
What visiting school would not want to play at this historic stadium?!?
I'm sorry, but it's just not the same when they demolished the original stadium...

The only experience kept relatively intact was the run thru the tunnel from the locker rooms to the stadium. Other than that, you miss out on that towering stadium experience like playing at Candlestick, Coliseum, Memorial, Stanford, and now Levi Stadium.

Yeah, back in the late 80's, we didn't get the lights to go with it, but playing in that historical stadium with the plush grass was something to look forward to...Kezar today reminds me of most high school football fields...

Originally posted by Rmbr26:
Marks a big improvement in pre-league scheduling & should better prepare the Irish for tough WCAL games. The Irish had the weakest pre-season schedule by far of any WCAL team last season and wins such as the 51-6 pasting of Galileo did little to prepare them. A step in the right direction IMO. Will the Irish have a new look offense in 2015?
Haven't heard anything about the offense. They'll definitely need a good QB and kicker.

That Galileo game was over by the half. At least Novato won their league and Saratoga had a CCS playoff berth.

Originally posted by colhenrylives:
The 2014 frosh team had some promising athletes. Several of them should be on the 2015 SHC varsity.
I'm expecting at least three sophomores on next season's varsity. Look for a stronger running game and a better defense.

Not sure about the quarterback situation. The QB from the frosh team was okay but he played very good defense.

Irish, maybe Peter St. Geme, the Soph currently or George Stefco the Senior next year. Unless there is someone else on Jv's I guess. Maybe, QB by Committee like Bellarmine. Maybe the big kid, Sinkovitz on the freshman...anything goes.

This post was edited on 3/4 11:37 PM by Scott2138

According to MaxPreps, the scrimmage at Kezar will be on Friday, August 28, 2015 at 4:00pm. Skyline will be one of the other teams.

Where is the life-size cardboard cutout picture of General lee going to go?

Originally posted by cityfan:
Looks like some of the old Candlestick seats have been installed at Kezar, along with a brand new track...
Now for Field Turf (which Rec the Park Dept. said they couldn't afford). Also, why not use enough of the old Candlestick seats for the whole stadium?

This post was edited on 3/31 10:13 AM by Irish_Cheers

Reactions: Scott2138
After the scrimmage on August 28th, SHC will host Terra Nova on Friday, September 4th at Kezar. JV's 4pm. Varsity 7pm.

(BTW, that "ignore" option works).

Proverbs 27:3

Stone is heavy and sand a burden,

but a fool’s provocation is heavier than both.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post was edited on 4/8 12:55 PM by Irish_Cheers

And so it begins, the SHC journey to their third straight winless season in the WCAL.

Here's an update to the schedule. The St. Joseph date is confirmed, but not the Monte Vista date yet.

Fri. Aug. 28 Scrimmage @Kezar 4:00p (Skyline, others TBA)

Fri. Sep. 4 Terra Nova @Kezar 7:00p

Fri. Sep. 11 St. Joseph (Santa Maria) @Kezar 7:00pm

Fri. Sep. 18 Monte Vista @Kezar 7:00p (Tentative)

WCAL

Fri. Oct. 9 St. Ignatius @ Kezar 7pm.

Sat. Oct. 24 Serra TH 1:00pm

Fri. Nov. 13 Mitty @Kezar 7pm

Last edited:
Was the 2008 Irish team the one that lost to SI in the CCS final at AT&T Park? That was a really good team

Was the 2008 Irish team the one that lost to SI in the CCS final at AT&T Park? That was a really good team

No, that was 2011. SHC beat them in the regular season. 2008 was the then CCS Small Schools Division CCS championship.

SHC Football Schedule is Posted:

http://www.shcathletics.com/main/team/id/60039/seasonid/3866489

08/28/2015 Fri.
3:30 PM Skyline (Scrimmage) @ Kezar

09/04/2015 Fri.
7:00 PM (H) Terra Nova @ Kezar

09/11/2015 Fri.
7:00 PM (H) Saint Joseph (Santa Maria) @ Kezar

09/18/2015 Fri.
7:00 PM (H) Monte Vista (Danville) @ Kezar

10/03/2015 Sat.
7:00 PM (A) VALLEY CHRISTIAN @ Valley Christian

10/09/2015 Fri.
7:00 PM (H) SAINT IGNATIUS (Bruce-Mahoney Game) @ Kezar

10/16/2015 Fri.
7:30 PM (A) SAINT FRANCIS @Saint Francis

10/24/2015 Sat.
1:00 PM (A) SERRA @Serra

10/30/2015 Fri.
7:00 PM (H) BELLARMINE @ Kezar

11/07/2015 Sat.
2:00 PM (A) RIORDAN @ Riordan

11/13/2015 Fri.
7:00 PM (H) ARCHBISHOP MITTY @ Kezar

Last edited:
When was the last time that Riordan or Sacred Heart beat a non-city WCAL team?

Riordan defeated Valley Christian 34-13 and Serra 38-14 during the 06-07 season.
Riordan defeated Serra 20-3 and St. Francis in a tiebreaker during the 07-08 season. Took D3 CCS title that year.
Riordan beat Mitty 25-22 during the 08-09 season

I don't see SHC beating any non-City WCAL team in the last ten years, though they re-entered the league in 07-08 after becoming independent for a few years as they they rebuilt the program.

Last edited:
Riordan defeated Valley Christian 34-13 and Serra 38-14 during the 06-07 season.
Riordan defeated Serra 20-3 and St. Francis in a tiebreaker during the 07-08 season. Took D3 CCS title that year.

I don't see SHC beating any non-City WCAL team in the last ten years, though they re-entered the league in 07-08 after becoming independent for a few years as they they rebuilt the program.
In 2008, SHC beat St. Francis 24-3, Mitty 28-21 and Valley Christian 28-24. They beat Carmel, King's Academy and SH Prep for the CCS title that season.

In 2008, SHC beat St. Francis 24-3, Mitty 28-21 and Valley Christian 28-24. They beat Carmel, King's Academy and SH Prep for the CCS title that season.
I stand corrected. Thanks Cheers. What Division did SHC win in CCS that year?

Oh very nice, jackrabbit!!!! Applause!!!...Reminds me of the time I heard a couple of Moreau kids who were spouting off that the '74 Moreau Catholic team beating DLS. What an accomplishment!!!...especially when you acknowledge that they weren't even f'ing born when that game was played...

And your record today, Mr. Jackrabbit???? Oh, that's right...Your boys were the recipients of the Stanfel Cup this year...CONGRATS!!!

5J9tjA.jpg

Last edited:
TS, (does that stand for tranny based on your pics?) Obviously you don't really understand the true meaning of the Stanfel Cup as my older brother was a classmate of Nick Stanfel (his father was longtime NFL coach) and his coaching for both SHC and Riordan left an impressive legacy until his illness ultimately took his life. Interesting you find it easy to bash a HS program, but you never claim what HS you attended. At least most of the posters proudly support its HS being a student, alum or friend of the school. Take your tired act and give it a rest or go elsewhere.

Interesting you find it easy to bash a HS program...

Nah...not just any HS program...just yours...choo...choo...

but you never claim what HS you attended. At least most of the posters proudly support its HS being a student, alum or friend of the school.

What relevance does it have where I graduated? There are several other posters on this board who have not claimed their HS alma mater. Why do I have to announce mine? As I've said before, I'm just a fan of any decent/good program...

Take your tired act and give it a rest or go elsewhere.

You and your butt-buddy, Purple Haze, created me 2 seasons ago....The fruits of your endless banter and pleas in search of your new coach created this "monster" you see today...I've never loathed a program as much as I do this one...I actually go out of the way to discuss the joke that exists on Phelan Ave to my buddies at work and outside...telling them of the pathetic losers who roam these message boards bolstering a poor football program...just because they are WCAL. As I've said many a times, I have no problems with the boys who actually play the game on Phelan Ave., but the idiot fan base on this board certainly do not help their program when they predict soooo much promise based on their summer Bakram Yoga/Pilate program and their new Thumpers instructed by a madman with a choo choo train whistle.

Last edited:
Reactions: bella123
Oh very nice, jackrabbit!!!! Applause!!!...Reminds me of the time I heard a couple of Moreau kids who were spouting off that the '74 Moreau Catholic team beating DLS. What an accomplishment!!!...especially when you acknowledge that they weren't even f'ing born when that game was played...

And your record today, Mr. Jackrabbit???? Oh, that's right...Your boys were the recipients of the Stanfel Cup this year...CONGRATS!!!

Well Sacred Heart did beat Polytechnic in 1942 13-12. That would be like Moreau beating DLS today.

Reactions: jordan24
Nah...not just any HS program...just yours...choo...choo...

...The fruits of your endless banter and pleas in search of your new coach created this "monster" you see today...I've never loathed a program as much as I do this one...I actually go out of the way to discuss the joke that exists on Phelan Ave to my buddies at work and outside...telling them of the pathetic losers who roam these message boards bolstering a poor football program...just because they are WCAL.... instructed by a madman with a choo choo train whistle.

You really are petty and have a chip on your shoulder if you got enough time to bash a schools's fan base and its program to your buddies at work...You must be confused as I have never proclaimed Riordan to be up and coming champions or just bolstered Riordan because they are in the WCAL - just look at my previous posts...Many things the program is doing to improve itself today never existed a few years ago. Period. Something ALL the WCAL teams have adopted over ten years ago. You proclaim you are a fan of the game, tell me of a San Francisco or Oakland school that has fared well in football in the Section/Norcal playoffs over the past five years? SI is the exception as they bus over half their students from Marin County. Because of the shift of demographics due to the change in economy (I.e. High Tech), many of these families have moved to the suburbs/outlying areas (East Bay, Peninsula and Sacto area). I know this personally as most of my friends, I grew up with in SF (SI, SHC, Riordan and Public school grads) have moved out of the City to these areas. This also includes me. Full Disclosure: My kids go to Sacred Heart Prep-on the peninsula, and many of the parents who grew up in SF and still support their alma maters including Riordan, SI and Lowell.. Talk to any coach that has been around and they will also tell you times have changed the landscape of the success of inner-city football programs...As far as the madman with the choo choo train whistle, the new AD, who has no ties to the "old boys" network, replaced him this winter with last year's D coordinator. I'm a fan of any good athletic program, too, but also will always support my alma mater. I look forward to your future posts...

Well Sacred Heart did beat Polytechnic in 1942 13-12. That would be like Moreau beating DLS today.
Riordan beat DLS in '81 as my cousin played on that team. My parents and many of their friends graduated from Poly. I heard they were an athletic powerhouse back in the day.

Poly would easily be considered the De La Salle of their day (or at least Bellarmine) from maybe the late '20's to the '50's. They had the advantage of having the highest enrollment (around 3500) in the City. Their big competitor was Lowell. They would routinely pack Kezar. They even had a girls basketball team in 1905.

Last edited:
LOL, talking to your buddies at work bashing Riordan football? No, that's not sad at all.

I was actually introduced to Ted by a mutual friend at a Riordan game last season. Nice guy in person. This is where he goes to "kick the dog" so to speak. But he wouldn't dare say any of this in the light of day, face to face.

I'm expecting at least three sophomores on next season's varsity. Look for a stronger running game and a better defense.

Not sure about the quarterback situation. The QB from the frosh team was okay but he played very good defense.

From the MaxPreps site, they have a roster up with four sophomores listed but they're usually not too reliable with early rosters. I should charge them a consulting fee for every time I've sent in corrections.

I'm told that the incoming Frosh team has another good turnout.

("Ignore" feature works....).

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to shCathedral's upcoming season. This will be the third year of the Peralta era after General Lee was shown the door (door #1). Three off-seasons and 20 games of learning his offense and defense. They have stud Seniors Sheppard and Murphy coming back to lead the rest of the much heralded junior and select sophs. Will this be three years in a row of coming in last place in the WCAL with no league wins? Only time will tell.

Reactions: TedSmithers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT