ADVERTISEMENT

SHP - St. Francis - Piedmont Hills - all Champions!

Wow = three ejections!
The Cats responded with a two run bottom of the fifth, featuring a big base hit from Ryan Gault. The second baseman singled up the middle on a 1-1 count, allowing Grant Rosenbaum to score easily from third, but when shortstop Matt Wilcox slid into home plate for the game-tying run, the St. Francis bench exploded over whether or not he did actually slide. As St. Francis players converged on their catcher Mendoza as he lay on the ground, left fielder Devon Canty made a comment towards the LG dugout and was ejected.

WHAT IF the umpires had mis-read all the players leaving the dugout and "EJ'd" everyone?
:cool:

"BK" read article in mornings Merc. Based upon lack of details - what does it take for a HS coach to get thrown out of a post-season game along wth his asst coach other than spewing derogatory epithets at the umps? [in which case they probably deserve to be thrown out & thereby letting down the kids they coached all season - let me know if you disagree].

"BK" read article in mornings Merc. Based upon lack of details - what does it take for a HS coach to get thrown out of a post-season game along wth his asst coach other than spewing derogatory epithets at the umps? [in which case they probably deserve to be thrown out & thereby letting down the kids they coached all season - let me know if you disagree].

LG Head Coach got thrown out arguing a very close play at plate which after looking at the Merc photos I can see why he was a little hot.
http://photos.mercurynews.com/2015/...ction-open-division-baseball-championships/#5
http://photos.mercurynews.com/2015/...ction-open-division-baseball-championships/#6
It appeared the second coach got ejected for his reaction to head coach's ejection.

The second dust up was over another close play at plate. Again after looking at the Merc photos the play at the plate looks clean:
http://photos.mercurynews.com/2015/...tion-open-division-baseball-championships/#15

The SF kid was ejected as he was yelling at the LG dugout whilst standing right next to an umpire. I would have to guess his vocabulary gave the umpire no choice.

Reactions: Defense_Rules
SF player was out and that LG runner was sliding exactly how he should have been sliding.

I have to agree with you about their choice of words, OR it could have been constant harping with the word YOU included. "You are brutal", You're a terrible umpire. Or constant bickering over balls and strikes. I agree that those coaches let their team down and left Jason Piraro, Sam's Son to run the remainder of the game. I am hoping others can provide eye witness accounts. Seems like the way Nate Anderson bounded out of the dugout and wildly approached home plate did not help his cause. Some young coaches are watching too many reruns of the movie Major League. Don't know who was tossed first but IF it was the assistant then Nate Anderson just cannot get himself tossed.

Check out the one comment below the story http://www.mercurynews.com/high-sch...s-baseball-finals-st-francis-edges-los-gators

I have to agree with you about their choice of words, OR it could have been constant harping with the word YOU included. "You are brutal", You're a terrible umpire. Or constant bickering over balls and strikes. I agree that those coaches let their team down and left Jason Piraro, Sam's Son to run the remainder of the game. I am hoping others can provide eye witness accounts. Seems like the way Nate Anderson bounded out of the dugout and wildly approached home plate did not help his cause. Some young coaches are watching too many reruns of the movie Major League. Don't know who was tossed first but IF it was the assistant then Nate Anderson just cannot get himself tossed.

Check out the one comment below the story http://www.mercurynews.com/high-school-sports/ci_28223512/ccs-baseball-finals-st-francis-edges-los-gators

BK, Didn't seem like there was much chirping from either Anderson or Oakland before the play at the plate but fans are rather separated from the front of the dugouts at Muni so who knows.
As to the sequence of events, Anderson definitely got tossed first and the assistant was second.
The assistant was not really engaged until Nate was ejected and IMHO his outburst was almost assuredly in response to Nate's ejection.

I think Los Gatos has a similar play at the plate against Valley Christian. Memory may not be great, but I thought it was a similar call.

It certainly looked like the SF player was out at the plate, not sure what impact that would have made as the game unfolded.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT