ADVERTISEMENT

Shurod Thompson Leaves Pitt

Cal High is losing several key players too. They have some good returning juniors and a better than average JV coming up.

GUYS......What is the word on Heritage...they went 5-6 last season, does it look like any improvement will take place in the 2015 season.....They had a big win over Liberty and they dumped Pacheco and earlier, there was a comment about Heritage that sounded like they were not happy in the BVAL or something like that????
This school is in a growth area and for a while they kept fielding solid teams....I heard that a number of kids departed for Liberty, since the schools are pretty close to each other....

I think it's a matter of hiring the right staff to appease fans, parents and administration. Tough to do all three at a school with demographics like Heritage. I think the San Ramon area folks can speak on this.

The Liberty school district has had open enrollment for about the last 8 years or so. I heard that is ending soon, can anybody confirm that? A lot of Liberty's students/athletes live in Discovery Bay, I wonder how the new high school in Disco will change the enrollment landscape of the district. They haven't broken ground on the new school so it's still probably years away.

Seems, there are plans for a high School in the Knighsen area also, but it has to be down the road, I would guess this would be a spin off of Freedom....

will be interesting to see how thompson tries to file with NCS
my son tells me he actually lives in the city of antioch now (don't know if it is the DV or AHS side)
and is using another relatives address to attend Liberty

maybe he tries to sit out 5 and then play league
maybe he tries to say he "moved" to brentwood, kind of a gamble... could get all 10, or could get busted like McKenzie and have to miss the whole year

either way the good thing for him is he has offers, so if he can stay on his grades he will be playing in college, which is better than 99% of kids

Well said Bubba, lol.

I heard the same in regards to his residency.

It looks like Thompson is pressing his luck, so there is a good chance he will end up like McKenzie...

Even with multiple D1 offers its gotta suck to miss your senior season when you are at your biggest and baddest. One is rarely more dominate at any level than they are their senior year of high school.

what ever happened to mister cotton who played at pitt? Los medanos? anything after that? he was a big hitter at safety too.

Good get for Cal. The question becomes will he stay committed and sign next February? He did jump ship to Liberty.

This post was edited on 4/18 5:22 PM by Bubba3000

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT