ADVERTISEMENT

SRJC lands two local players

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Montgomery's Erik Poulsen and Michael Septimo will play at Santa Rosa Junior College next year, according to Kevin McCarthy.

McMillan actually recruited LOCAL kids!? Shocker since he has never been too high on the "local talent."

Poulsen will be a D1 player after 2 years at SRJC. He has a lot of raw tools and size at 6'11.
Anybody know where Hammell is going out of SRJC? He had a nice 2 years there after a good career at Newman. I want to say he has a couple D2 offers on the table.

I heard Bryce Knox from Dublin Is headed to SRJC as well that would make 3 local guys all, good solid players.

I think McMillan has recruited more local players over the last few yrs. than people realize.
Just to name a few: COREY HAMMELL (Alaska Anchorage), ALEC KOBRE (UOP), BOBY SHARP (Portland), KEVIN ARONIS (New Mexico St), BRIAN JOHNSON, DARIN GRAYER, MAX FUJII, XAVIER McCall.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.....that's just off the top of my head.

Nice to see Hammell from Newman picked up a scholarship. He will be a good D2 guy right away at Alaska. Can't fault Mcmillan. He has done it with both local and out of town players.

Sounds like he is getting more "local" as time goes on. Early in his tenure, he was completely against the local talent. His first few years, I remember seeing one or 2 local guy's on the squad along with 12 or 13 Bay Area ballers.

To quote my friend who played back in the mid 2000's for him. Only 1 player per year in Sonoma County is good enough to play here. Seems like he has changed his mind with the influx of local talent coming in, maybe the turning point was when he kicked up to 7 kids off the team in 2006 I believe for smoking weed on a road trip. Each one of them was from out of the area. Seen alot of local kids from solid programs ever since...

Spot on, North Bay. I never realized what he had against Sonoma County talent, considering he was a product of the area. But you are right, it seems like he has since changed his tune. I feel like he lost out on a lot of good players over the years because in his belief that local players lacked the talent to play on his team. I am glad things have changed. Like groceries-keep it local!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT