ADVERTISEMENT

Unsigned Senior Showcase

BBallEvents

Superstar
Apr 17, 2012
There will be a Unsigned Senior Showcase on Sunday, March 29th, 2015 at Chabot College, Hayward Ca From 11 AM- 2PM. This is for Senior who do not have a college offer. College Coaches will be in attendance to scout
and identify players for their programs that may have been overlooked or
they didn't have information on. More info on Passthaball.com

http://passthaball.com/unsigned-seniors/

BBallEvents
This sounds like a nice event. I just took a look at the site and was expecting to see 4 yr schools in attendance but all I saw were junior colleges. Is this list dated, or have any 4 year colleges committed? No offense, but $50.00 to be seen by 2 year college coaches seems a bit much, especially since they dont give scholarships. Can you share a bit about the format? Is it going to be games only?

many JC's outside of CA actually give full scholarships to attend their school. The Jayhawk conference is renowned for this as are many other JC's in the south/midwest.

Not sure how many D1 or D2 coaches would show up to this type of event "shopping for seniors". But I would say if you are an unsigned senior who is still looking for a "buyer" you don't want to leave any stone unturned. Probably a good idea to sign up then let every coach who you think or hope might have an interest in you know where and when you are playing. Would also not be a bad idea to try to hook up with a team to play in an NCAA viewing event over the April 24-26 weekend. I had one player get a D1 ride last August, about a month before classes started. So you never know.

Passtheball
This should be a fun event. It will be interesting to see which players and coaches show up, and how hard the players compete. How much is admission is for spectators? Can any unsigned senior sign up or is there a criteria? Will you publish a list of players who will be attending so fans can have an idea of who will be there? If the rosters are solid, it may well be worth the drive!

Yes, we have updated the college's attending, should be confirming more 4 year colleges this week. We will also add players attending a little later today. Admission will be no more than $3. We will start games at noon.

http://www.passthaball.com

Just wanted to send an update on the venue change.

Due to an unscheduled Maintenance issue at Chabot College The 2015 Unsigned Senior Showcase is moving to (NB) National Basketball Courts in Livermore. The schedule will remain the same as planned 11am-2pmNational Basketball Courts
6474 Patterson Pass Road, Suite E
Livermore, CA 94550

Ballaz28,

Yes it will be interesting. And, I think there needs to be much more support for Passthaball for stepping up an organizing the event. Personally I want to say thank you to Marissa for all the work you and others have been doing to help raise the level of women's basketball worldwide. We are fortunate to have you in our own backyard. Thank you for doing all you do !

I remember when it was hard to watch girls basketball. But today young girls are starting to maximize reaching peak levels of their talent and potential. Thanks goes out to all the parents, trainers, and coaches for playing their parts too. And finally thanks goes out to all the young ladies who have started playing the game at a younger age and putting in the necessary work to get better inside and outside of the classroom.

Congratulations to all who made it to, and did well, in the post season.

Go Norcal !

Paytc

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT