ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL 2015 Composite Football Schedule Posted

St Francis has one slot missing. Calpreps has them listed as playing Atascadero at home after Oak Grove and Palma. Atascadero can be very good in many years.

Looks like a good pre season schedule across the board. Good to see the city schools upping their pre season.

Looks like a good pre season schedule across the board. Good to see the city schools upping their pre season.
I dont know what happened to the Mitty Pitt matchup. It only lasted one year?

SI's looks very good as well as Mitty,BCP. Serra vs. Christopher (I think Serra cud get any Top 10-15 Team in the SJS! As well as VC (Wilcox & Pioneer)? Love seeing them WCAL play Out Of Section Preseason Games!

SI's looks very good as well as Mitty,BCP. Serra vs. Christopher (I think Serra cud get any Top 10-15 Team in the SJS! As well as VC (Wilcox & Pioneer)? Love seeing them WCAL play Out Of Section Preseason Games!

That Christopher game is a scrimmage.

Sacred Heart Cathedral usually has a 4-team scrimmage but I've only seen Skyline listed so far.

Couple weak spots where a few games look like they could be duds. Serra vs SSF after last year's annialation of 50-0 does not appear to be one of the pre-season's more anticipated games. VC vs Pioneer could be another snoozer, not sure. Finally though the Bells have taken pity on Piedmont Hills & done away with the annual "Bloodletting Game" as I had come to refer to it as. Last year the Bells won 56-20 and prior games were 41-21 in 2013, 56-7 in 2012, 51-9 in 2011, 55-28 in 2010 ... [anyway you get the idea].

Any other pre-season games that should be eliminated & replaced with another opponent?

Couple weak spots where a few games look like they could be duds. Serra vs SSF after last year's annialation of 50-0 does not appear to be one of the pre-season's more anticipated games. VC vs Pioneer could be another snoozer, not sure. Finally though the Bells have taken pity on Piedmont Hills & done away with the annual "Bloodletting Game" as I had come to refer to it as. Last year the Bells won 56-20 and prior games were 41-21 in 2013, 56-7 in 2012, 51-9 in 2011, 55-28 in 2010 ... [anyway you get the idea].

Any other pre-season games that should be eliminated & replaced with another opponent?
I was looking forward to a Mitty - Pittsburg game down here this year since I wasn't able to attend last year's, but it did not materialize. Any word why that matchup was not a home and home?

Non-league ones I would like to see:

Bells @ Del Oro (Fri Sept 11) - great matchup of two top programs in their sections. Must see

Notre Dame (Sherman Oaks) @ Serra - San Mateo (Sat Sept 12) - two very good programs and Serra should be strong. May have a shot to win this year. - Must see

St Francis @ Palma (Sat Sept 12) - because my nephew plays on Palma and good indication of strengths of the teams. Palma could be better than last season - St Francis maybe not a strong but game will tell. Should be good physical match up.

Next-
St Francis v Atascadero - could be a good game against an above average Socal team (not elite but above average). Could be a very good game.

SI versus Campo, Marin Catholic and St Mary's Stockton (would be higher, but I think SI will be down this year and will be tough matchup against all three. Would like to see Campo, MC and St Mary's though. Will probably go to Palma v SI scrimmage to get a glimpse of both.

.SHC v St Joseph - could be a very good game. Don't think St Joseph will be exceptionally strong but year this season, but could a good game.

Serra v DeLaSalle - probably similar to last year. Don't see as very competitive.

Too bad Pitt v Mitty #2 did not happen- good match up and I love seeing the top programs from the CCS and NCS play. It does not happen enough.

Serra very well could have defeated Notre Dame last in Sherman Oaks. The Padre offense was pure awful and they had a million TO's. Serra was clearly physical enough and athletic enough to win.

Too bad Pitt v Mitty #2 did not happen- good match up and I love seeing the top programs from the CCS and NCS play. It does not happen enough.

Serra very well could have defeated Notre Dame last in Sherman Oaks. The Padre offense was pure awful and they had a million TO's. Serra was clearly physical enough and athletic enough to win.

I think Notre Dame shocked them a little in the first quarter, plus their best player went down with the shoulder injury early in the first. After that, the game was completely even. Even with the bad offense, the Padres still moved the ball at times. VERY bad clock management at the end of the first half cost them points, too.

I actually think that Serra could be a trap game for DLS, coming back from Texas. Keep in mind how St. Francis only lost 14-0 after the DLS trip to Hawai'i. Serra has played the Spartans as tough as anyone else in NorCal over the years.

I wouldnt call the Serra game a trap game for DLS (this might be semantics). A trap game typically infers overlooking an opponent. DLS is well aware of what Serra can do to them. Walsh always has the Padres well prepared for DLS and they play especially well in SM.

Thought DLS got a little break with the game moving to a 7PM start. Those Saturday afternoon games are brutal in the beginning of the season.

DLS vs Serra might be interesting although this looks to be one of DLS better teams and there is no established RB returning for Serra- as in an every down back for short/tough yardage situations. Serra does have a very good & speedy RB in Kelepi Lataimua, however he is used primarily on outside sweeps & short passes. There is another RB who saw limited action last season & not sure about anyone upcoming up from JV/Frosh. Am pretty sure though that DLS is set at RB [JK!].

See that Levi's Stadium announced its 2nd "Friday Night Lights" triple header high school games coming up. Sept. 18th 3 games are scheduled:
Wilcox-Santa Clara vs Pioneer at 4:00, Watsonville vs Scott's Valley at 6:00 and Milpitas vs Valley Christian at 8:00. Tickets are $20.

DLS vs Serra might be interesting although this looks to be one of DLS better teams and there is no established RB returning for Serra- as in an every down back for short/tough yardage situations. Serra does have a very good & speedy RB in Kelepi Lataimua, however he is used primarily on outside sweeps & short passes. There is another RB who saw limited action last season & not sure about anyone upcoming up from JV/Frosh. Am pretty sure though that DLS is set at RB [JK!].
Saw Serra and DLS play last year. After about a quarter not really a question of which team was going win that one. All indications is that DLS has gotten better this year. Serra would have had to have gotten tremendously better if this is going to be even close to a competitive contest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT