ADVERTISEMENT

2018 De La Salle schedule

The problem is with Folsom history of begging out of games and never scheduling any relevant powers it’s hard not to believe what the DLS poster wrote.Does anyone really believe Folsom will schedule anyone that has the ability to beat them?

This would be a lights out schedule for Folsom. Anyone know when Folsom's schedule will be finalized?

On a side note, DLS being a parochial school, will favor scheduling non-league games with other parochials. You'll see your O'Dowds, your St. Mary's, your WCAL team, etc, in 2-3 non-league games every year.

It has to be true. No mere speculation there. Some random DLS supporter posted it anonymously on some other unnamed prep website. That’s better than it being in Wikipedia.
The point was that it is pure speculation. I fully believe it was posted. If a Folsom supporter posts something on a Folsom website, does that make it any more believable than a Delphi post? Now if it was a direct quote from Lad, then I’d give it a little more weight.

Calling the comment pure speculation is a bit extreme.
I can’t confirm or deny the validity of the information, but the poster does state specific details and dates about the scheduling conflicts.
Would a poster take the time to present this information in such detail and say “Well I’m posting these facts because this is how I think it’s playing out in the negotiations.”
I don’t think so.
I think there’s more truth to this information, then just plain hearsay.

Ok so let’s assume the poster has every reason to believe that information was fair and balanced. The bottom line is the game didn’t get scheduled. People can try to blame either side, but like Streak said, the truth may lie somewhere in between. I don’t really care how it went down, but am just disappointed that NorCal fans won’t be able to see this game.

Reactions: 1315
No one really knows the story outside of Richardson and Alumbaugh (or whoever heads up scheduling for those schools). My guess is the true lies somewhere between the two stories.

“True lies.” LOL

Someday there will be truth and transparency. And the Richmond Spiders will be in the final four.

Purely from a socal perspective, why would DLS be accused of ducking anyone? The history and track record speaks for itself. And the schedule is heavy already with odowds, gormans types etc...

Reactions: aztecpadre
Purely from a socal perspective, why would DLS be accused of ducking anyone? The history and track record speaks for itself. And the schedule is heavy already with odowds, gormans types etc...

O’Dowds and Gormans are hardly the same types when it come to football. ‘Heavy with O’Dowds’ is not exactly considered difficult or even a challenge for a team like DLS. A D3 public playing O’Dowds would be a challenge.

DLS plays a national schedule and their history is phenomenal. It has long been said by posters on this site that DLS rarely (other than 2012 & 2013) plays the 2nd best team in NorCal. As there is no longer a NorCal Open game, it is pretty much gauranteed they won’t face the top teams unless they schedule them.

90% sure we will see Folsom vs DLS week one. DLS already dropped Amador and offered it to Folsom. It will be a 3 year deal. Careful what you ask for.

I don't understand why Folsom wants DLS. There are some very good teams out there that Folsom could do well against. Folsom is not built to play a team like DLS. 2 time played and both times running clock. Styles make fights.

Reactions: jimmyzr1
I don't understand why Folsom wants DLS. There are some very good teams out there that Folsom could do well against. Folsom is not built to play a team like DLS. 2 time played and both times running clock. Styles make fights.
I just don't think this happens and hope it doesnt

Last edited:
This is huge! Who hosts this years game? Neutral field? I like Folsom's chances in a week 1 game. A new king could be crowned!

Reactions: mockingjay
Still a long way from this actually happening IMO. Just a rumor from a new poster at this point.

I think the general consensus here is that a DLS-Folsom game will be highly competitive if it happened next year.

Reactions: slick58
I'm not a new poster. Just haven't posted in year and a half so I just got a new account. I do know this to be fact. I was not told where. I was told it was a 10% chance at first and then Folsom called back and somehow it turned into 90% chance.

Ok Mrs. mockingjay,
Are you really going to call me a troll because your nephew at DLS didn't hear the message over the loud speaker that they are playing Folsom. Now when I go to a DLS game I park behind the stands in the field. Not next to you and your nephew over at Carondelet. The bad part about that is I have to walk all the way up to will call to get my FEILD pass that was left for by my relative that is a coach. This game will happen week 0. The second they announce it I will expect an apology for calling me a troll. I think I Now more then you nephew at DLS.

Just confirmed from my nephew at DLS that this rumor is FALSE.

@14U2ALLNV is a troll account.
Can't believe I was exposed by your nephew at DLS. Before you go accusing somebody of being a troll. Have your nephew ask one of the coaching staff. I will be expecting my apology soon.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT