ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Schedules now up on MaxPreps

John Mellencamp

Sports Fanatic
Sep 15, 2017
A lot of teams now have schedules loaded on to MaxPreps for 2018. Some interesting cross section match ups i saw included:

8/17 Granite Bay (SJS) vs Monte Vista (NCS)
8/24 Del Oro (SJS) vs Oak Grove (CCS)
8/31 Placer (SJS) vs Bishop Minogue (Nevada)
9/21 Inderkum (SJS) vs San Leandro (NCS)

Except that SoCal game could be Cal High Whittier...
Give Ebee a call.

Except that SoCal game could be Cal High Whittier...
Give Ebee a call.

He confirmed the Lake Tahoe game, not the SoCal game. I'm looking forward to watching my nephew in the Heritage/Cal High game

Last edited:
I wud have loved to see that Oak Grove, San Jose vs Vacaville & a Wood vs San Leandro. That Inderkumvs San Leandro looks like a good one! Granite Bay vs. Monte Vista...Nice one!

Reactions: coachlittle
Unless MV has a better than average MV team I don’t see this as a close game
MV will be tough to beat, they will be very more then average, Granite Bay is no body to mess with, so this is going to be interesting to see the out come.

Rocklin

Date
Opponent Result
8/17 7:00p
Antelope (Antelope, CA)
Preview Game
8/31 7:30p
Damonte Ranch (Reno, NV)
Preview Game
9/7 7:30p
@ Liberty (Brentwood, CA)
This looks to be a crazy season coming up as many of the teams are out looking for competition...Rocklin has its hands full and will be real busy against Liberty who will be led by 6-5 Butterfield who will be a Jr. this year....

MV will be tough to beat, they will be very more then average, Granite Bay is no body to mess with, so this is going to be interesting to see the out come.

Lots of turnover at key positions for GB. They played their seniors last year on both sides of the ball, and didn't give too many opportunities to their younger players. Lots of inexperience.

GB did graduate a lot of very good seniors. But they have a great coaching staff and should be very competitive again.

San Ramon Valley would have been a tough matchup for Granite Bay this past season.

Yeah, MV had it's worst team in years last season in losing 7 games. GB must feel they will be a good test this season though?

Placer returns a boatload of talent from this past season (13-2) in which they dropped a thriller 46-43 to Crenshaw in the Div 4 AA State Championship,driving for the win that stalled at the Crenshaw 35 yd line..........if only they had one more minute on the clock,big difference throwing because you have to as opposed to throwing because you want to,lol.Crenshaw was deserving congrats to them,BUT......Placer will be much stronger and more experienced in this upcoming 2018 season,keep an eye on them!

Reactions: EN_FB_Alum
A lot of teams now have schedules loaded on to MaxPreps for 2018. Some interesting cross section match ups i saw included:

Del Oro vs Oak Grove looks very interesting

He confirmed the Lake Tahoe game, not the SoCal game. I'm looking forward to watching my nephew in the Heritage/Cal High game

What was the discussion about an “OOS” game vs a 6-6, 5-5 and 3-7 last three seasons school?

Bellarmine has a 9/7 matchup against Vintage (Napa). Never heard of Vintage or their league the MEL (Monticello Empire League), and they're not a parochial school either. Anyone have any background info on this, or info on Vintage?

Reactions: ncscalfootball
Vintage was in the MEL - Sac Joaquin Section. Lately they wud place in the Top 3 or 4 in the MEL. I do not know how they will be this year as they as they are now in the North Coast Section. Vintage may be battling it out with American Canyon for their League Title (Newly Formed League in the North Coast Section). The Coach at Napa is on his second year there. I do not know how many starters will be returning. Vacaville which is still in the MEL used to schedule Preseason Games with Valley Christian-San Jose and those games were Gud. Lately it was Vacaville & Napa battling it out for the MEL Championship for the Last Ten Years.

Lots of turnover at key positions for GB. They played their seniors last year on both sides of the ball, and didn't give too many opportunities to their younger players. Lots of inexperience.

Yea, remember two years ago when they had an inexperienced team, they struggled. I agree with the other poster that they have good coaches but they had basically the same coaches two seasons ago.

Be crowded for third place in their league this coming season, which for me is the DII first place in that league.

Bellarmine has a 9/7 matchup against Vintage (Napa). Never heard of Vintage or their league the MEL (Monticello Empire League), and they're not a parochial school either. Anyone have any background info on this, or info on Vintage?

Not really sure how Vintage will be this year or how the new league (Vine league) will shape up. Lots of question marks.

Honestly I’m more surprised you have never heard of Vintage, let alone the MEL?? It’s been a fairly well established league over the years.

Vintage was a tough and physical team when we faced them in the first round of the playoffs this past fall. They had big guys up front. A really good fullback and MLB. They run a scheme similar to Stanford on Offense. They gave us problems all night with their size. They were winning at the half. They didn't have a lot of speed, and this is where we were able to exploit them in the second half. I believe most of the team will be back this next fall.

Reactions: ncscalfootball
When the MEL was first formed Vintage practically owned the MEL. Napa, Vacaville, Vallejo & Vintage were really strong back then. Like I posted earlier Napa & Vacaville were battling it out for the last decade + for the league title. Vintage went 3-1 in league taking second and went 7-3 for the season.

Reactions: bella123
When the MEL was first formed Vintage practically owned the MEL. Napa, Vacaville, Vallejo & Vintage were really strong back then. Like I posted earlier Napa & Vacaville were battling it out for the last decade + for the league title. Vintage went 3-1 in league taking second and went 7-3 for the season.
Yes, used to be a very,very tough football league. People have forgotten how good that league used to be

Thoughts on MC's non-league schedule?

@ Campo
@ McClymonds
St. Ignatius
@ Kennedy (Fremont)
Antioch

I find McClymonds and Antioch pretty intriguing.

These are the games I found for SHC so far:

Fri. Aug 31 Palma (Away) 7pm

Fri. Sep. 7 Homestead Kezar 7pm

West Catholic Athletic League

Fri. Oct. 12 Bellarmine (Away) 7pm

Fri. Oct. 26 Serra Kezar 7pm

Fri. Nov. 2 Mitty (Away) 7pm

Could be the first time Palma has played SHC. Palma will be young again but much better than last season. They return 4th top rusher in CCS in Junior to be Antony Villegas, and QB, and most of WRs and kicker and 3 Line starters. Line has to get better, but they should be able to score lots of points and defense returns a lot as well. Palma should be back to competing for MBL Gab title. Palma will have an earlier game with Soledad and after SHC it plays Menlo Atherton (should be a better game than last season). Palma should be able to compete far in the small school playoffs next season. Salinas Cowboys should be pretty good and compete but I think maybe not as good as last season and they play (Carmel, Clovis and Milpitas in non-league). Salinas Cowboys will have a D1 prospect junior QB (Carl Richardson) that can throw with the best of them. He will be playing in college and already since soph year has had interest. He will probably be a national recruit but could see him at Stanford like his brother who is a backup QB now. Not sure how Hollister and Aptos look yet. What does SHC return?

Last edited:
Could be the first time Palma has played SHC. Palma will be young again but much better than last season. They return 4th top rusher in CCS in Junior to be Antony Villegas, and QB, and most of WRs and kicker and 3 Line starters. Line has to get better, but they should be able to score lots of points and defense returns a lot as well. Palma should be back to competing for MBL Gab title. Palma will have an earlier game with Soledad and after SHC it plays Menlo Atherton (should be a better game than last season). Palma should be able to compete far in the small school playoffs next season. Salinas Cowboys should be pretty good and compete but I think maybe not as good as last season and they play (Carmel, Clovis and Milpitas in non-league). Salinas Cowboys will have a D1 prospect junior QB (Carl Richardson) that can throw with the best of them. He will be playing in college and already since soph year has had interest. He will probably be a national recruit but could see him at Stanford like his brother who is a backup QB now. Not sure how Hollister and Aptos look yet. What does SHC return?

This will be the first SHC - Palma game. Irish return LeVar Watkins and Anthony Heard for some speed. Paul O'Driscoll at LB/WR and Connor Burke at WR and kicker. 10 or 11 guys over 200lbs on the lines. They'll definitely miss Will Irons at QB. I don't know who's moving up, so expect them to run more. Last season's abbreviated JV season won't help matters much either.

This will be the first SHC - Palma game. Irish return LeVar Watkins and Anthony Heard for some speed. Paul O'Driscoll at LB/WR and Connor Burke at WR and kicker. 10 or 11 guys over 200lbs on the lines. They'll definitely miss Will Irons at QB. I don't know who's moving up, so expect them to run more. Last season's abbreviated JV season won't help matters much either.
I heard Ryan Daly transferred is this true???

the take over here is GB gonna have hands full with MV, del oro handles weak oak grove team, placer gots hands full, inderkum athlets no match for SL

These are the games I found for Sacred Heart Cathedral so far:

Fri/Sat Aug 17/18 (Scrimmage)

Fri/Sat Aug 24/25 at Fernley (NV) Time TBA

Fri. Aug 31 Palma TH 7pm

Fri. Sep. 7 Homestead (Kezar) 7pm

West Catholic Athletic League

Fri Sep 21 Valley Christian (Kezar) 7pm

Fri Sep 28 St. Francis (Kezar) 7pm

Fri Oct 5 St. Ignatius (Kezar) (SHC Visitor) 7pm

Fri. Oct. 12 Bellarmine @SJCC 7pm

Fri Oct 19 Riordan (Kezar) 7pm

Fri. Oct. 26 Serra (Kezar) 7pm

Fri. Nov. 2 Mitty @Foothill JC 7pm

Last edited:

According to Coach Carnazzo (via calpreps.com), Palma returns 5 starters on offense, but only 3 on D. Hmmm...

Regarding the Salinas schedule, what happened to games with Terra Nova and Oak Grove?

According to Coach Carnazzo (via calpreps.com), Palma returns 5 starters on offense, but only 3 on D. Hmmm...

Regarding the Salinas schedule, what happened to games with Terra Nova and Oak Grove?
GUYS...Check each game carefully as I am coming across a lot of games that are scheduled on the wrong teams or were never scheduled...

Another interesting in state matchup is on 8/31 Central Fresno travels up to Rocklin to play Whitney. Not sure how much of a game this will be, but Whitney has an entire new staff and Central lost a few key players. Still an out of the ordinary matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT