ADVERTISEMENT

64th ANNUAL GRIDLEY INVITATIONAL LINEUP

Marcskit

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2002
Pleased to announce the lineup for December 7th, 8th, and 9th. 2017
We always try to put together the most competitive field possible.
Teams are:
Woodcreek
Archbishop Mitty
Sheldon
Salesian
Folsom
Dublin
Capitol Christian
Gridley
Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.
Here's wishing you great hoops

That is a nice super stacked line up of teams definitely will be a great 3 days
of basketball.

:::: Licks chops, goes to his Google Calendar and blocks out Dec, 7,8,9 ::::

Looks great!

Think of it as the Maui Classic of high school basketball, once in a great while they pull off an upset:)

Chaminade over Virginia. Chaminade had NorCal native and former Clayton Valley, LMC & Chabot standout Jeff Buich on the team that took down might Ralph Sampson.

Chaminade over Virginia. Chaminade had NorCal native and former Clayton Valley, LMC & Chabot standout Jeff Buich on the team that took down might Ralph Sampson.
Chaminade star player was also a NorCal native. Tim Dunham via Skyline JC.. Also had the highlight of the game dunking over the 7'4 Ralph Sampson.

Reactions: observer22
How can you call finals without seeing actual brackets? Ill take a stab and say woodcreek-folsom lol

Woodcreek did get a transfer guard, Isaiah Tolbert, more than likely a 30 day sit so he won't play up in Gridley.

[
What school did Tolbert transfer from?

QUOTE="SacCoach1, post: 168079, member: 7207"]How can you call finals without seeing actual brackets? Ill take a stab and say woodcreek-folsom lol

Woodcreek did get a transfer guard, Isaiah Tolbert, more than likely a 30 day sit so he won't play up in Gridley.[/QUOTE]

Isaiah Tolbert went to Monterey Trail and averaged 2.7 points and 0.3 assist per Max Preps

How can you call finals without seeing actual brackets? Ill take a stab and say woodcreek-folsom lol

Woodcreek did get a transfer guard, Isaiah Tolbert, more than likely a 30 day sit so he won't play up in Gridley.

Hard to go against Woodcreek. You have a 6"11 all american and a 6"7 all league player (Chris Cagle) returning. I want to say 6"6 3 man Kyler Kern is back as well and he played very good in the playoffs. Obviously guard play is down with the loss of Roberts, but you Fresh LJ Branner and a couple others. (doesn't sound like the kid who is transferring did much but you never know). Folsom was a let down last year. I See them much improved with almost everybody returning. Forbes continues to improve and should be a solid Pac 12 recruit by mid season. (Not sure why he isn't already)

Grow up and quit trying to read deeper than anything is. Saccoach said he heard he came from SHELDON. I researched and gave a little info. Nothing more to it than that. . I could care less what anyone does or who they play for . It's just conversation. Good luck to the kid . Should only improve playing with someone like Jordan. http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/ge...bef0-a0369f3c1b4c&gendersport=boys,basketball
This is what I had pulled up . Don't know why it didn't show his junior season.

Last edited:
Fields you are a total clown. How has the MT admin not fired you? What you posted on twitter should have go you fired 20 x over by now. You have the maturity of an 8 year old.

Grow up and quit trying to read deeper than anything is. Saccoach said he heard he came from SHELDON. I researched and gave a little info. Nothing more to it than that. . I could care less what anyone does or who they play for . It's just conversation. Good luck to the kid . Should only improve playing with someone like Jordan. http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/ge...bef0-a0369f3c1b4c&gendersport=boys,basketball
This is what I had pulled up . Don't know why it didn't show his junior season.

@H.E.A.T. not reading any deeper, just a lazy maxpreps search. And we both know "I could care less what anyone does or who they play for" is a lie solely based on your previous statements and actions.

back to the topic, this is a great lineup of teams for a prestigious tournament. best of luck to all involved.

Wasn't lazy as i know how to look things up. i Typed in Isaiah Tolbert Basketball on my phone and what i posted was the first thing listed. If you go to MT basketball ,then stats and click on the player the same thing shows up. Seems to be a problem with Max preps as his junior year doesn't carry forward. You can go to this years stats and find him so its more than a simple check.
You are new to this board and one thing you will find out is i will never talk bad about program ,coach or especially a kid. I always will write facts only. Stating someones numbers or where they are transferring to or what i find on the internet is what i post. I will always back up a kid i feel deserving but will never bash someone even if they deserve it.

Last edited:
One thing is for sure. Whoever wins it, is gonna earn it. :)

Well Brown better strap up, because this is the first time during his time at woodcreek when the guard play will be highly questionable. In our area when teams lose good guard play the team takes a step back. Folsom last year is a good example. Roberts was great the last two years and protected him. Brown will have to play like he did against Bishop Montgomery all 3 games for them to win. He will probably have to play the whole game each night. Too many good guards and wings on the other squads. I don't even have woodcreek as the #1 team in Sac, Brown may be the #1 player, but they are not the best team. As for Cagle, will he be a factor? Outside of Gridley, who can you say he has a distinct advantage over? Not a knock, just my opinion. Sheldon has lost the most at the guard position than anyone, but they are so talented at other positions they won't fall off as much as woodcreek. It's a toss up st this point.

@passfirst who's #1 in sac to you? Sheldon? I think Sheldon guard play will be a little better, imo the twins were small but still tough kids. And really dominated the ball but the group of, Dom Johnson, the Asian kid (sorry,don't kno his name), Hargrove should replace what they lost. Also had a really good JV guard that looked elite.

Passfirst, who do you have as #1 in Sac? Sheldon/Folsom? Just curious. Until WC gets beat they are my top team. Sheldon loses arguably the best guard combo in Norcal.
I really think Roberts was the MVP at times last year for WC. He will be missed and I think will be a nice player at UCSD. But WC returns a lot of size and if they can control tempo they are going to be a tough out. There front line is 6"6, 6"7, 6"11. Cagle needs to step up. He was lost at times during the playoffs. WC returns 9 guys. That isn't exactly a decimated roster. If a couple of the underclassmen step up the backcourt look out.

@passfirst who's #1 in sac to you? Sheldon? I think Sheldon guard play will be a little better, imo the twins were small but still tough kids. And really dominated the ball but the group of, Dom Johnson, the Asian kid (sorry,don't kno his name), Hargrove should replace what they lost. Also had a really good JV guard that looked elite.
Don't forget about Dale Currie who may be one of the best all around guards in Nor cal. The JV guard Xavion Brown who will be a sophomore has a chance to be really special. The Asian guard is Justin Nguyen who had a very good June. More time on the floor with the absence of the twins he seems to have embraced the opportunity. Sheldon made a championship game 5 weekends in a row in June at St Mary's, Fresno, Dougherty Valley , Sheldon , and Woodcreek. GOING 36-3.
Passfirst you say Sheldon is strong in the other positions bu the loss of Drew Cobb and LJ Williams will be big. I know Drew is really a guard but at 6-3 with size he was a defensive stopper and guarded most teams best player

I think Folsom is the top team in Sacramento to start the year with Forbes, McCain and Martis Johnson.

Gridley has had some loaded fields, but this is up there as one of the best.

I think Folsom is the top team in Sacramento to start the year with Forbes, McCain and Martis Johnson.

Gridley has had some loaded fields, but this is up there as one of the best.
I have Folsom at #1 but with a very slim margin over Sheldon. Folsom has everyone back and will be more experienced. McCain has really stepped his game up, also Forbes will have to be more of a force in big games this year. Sheldon is just flat out talented, I can see a slip or 2 early in their usual tough preseason schedule because of experience issues at guard early. Xavion Brown is super special and eventually be one of the best guards around. As for WC triple team return for Brown, I know they have returning players but Roberts did so much. There will have to be massive improvents at other spots for them to win a chmpionship.

Im taking Salesian. Peach Jam MVP & the twins. Good luck getting the ball across half court and running any kind of offense. Brown & Forbes are big time but guard play rules in HS and I don't see any better than the Pride this year.

RJ223- I think we were talking about SJS teams because Salesian brings it up another notch like you said. I like them as well. Wish they had a little more size but nobody gets after you like they do and there kids all play bigger than they are. There PG (AKINJO) is now a legit 4 star+ kid. Might be best coached team as well. Def a very close race with Sheldon, Folsom, and WC. (assuming brown stays).

Salesian will be very good (in the top few teams in NorCal), but did get hit with transfers to El Cerrito (Bibb and Langford).

I thought we were predicting the champ for Gridley. My bad. For SJS I don't think Rollins gets enough credit for how hard his teams compete. Folsom & WC have star power. #1 seed for SJS could be decided by Dec. 9.
Is Chappell still @CC? He & Jacobs could be a factor.

Wasn't aware of the transfers. Thx streak. And honestly you are right. Its gridley and it happens to be damn loaded. Should be fun but I gotta admit my heart is with the football field for at least a little while.

I thought we were predicting the champ for Gridley. My bad. For SJS I don't think Rollins gets enough credit for how hard his teams compete. Folsom & WC have star power. #1 seed for SJS could be decided by Dec. 9.
Is Chappell still @CC? He & Jacobs could be a factor.
o disagree with #1 seed being determined, Modesto Christian may have a day in that.

Reactions: RJ223
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT