ADVERTISEMENT

A cautionary note

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
Spring 2021 football games are surely better than no 2020 prep season at all. But there is at least one caveat: Injuries. Between now and August, there are five months. Serious injuries incurred now may well prevent a player from participating in the official 2021 season or much of it, assuming the pandemic allows it in the first place.

So true. I hope, and I think it is the case, that coaches are emphasizing program building rather than winning at all costs right now. These games will only matter in two positive ways:

#1) game time memories for the seniors. they deserve to have SOMETHING salvaged from this lost year.

#2) setting the foundation for success in the Fall.

Neither of those things will be worth it if unnecessary injuries occur. The are always risks, of course, but predictable injuries should be prevented, obviously. The good news is that all of the coaches I have talked to are VERY conscious of this. They are substituting and rotating players more, and are emphasizing quality playing time over quantity. Get the kids in shape, let them have fun, and get out without having to see a doctor.

Yeah injuries unfortunately are part of the game. No different in the spring or fall. Coaches I’ve talked to are playing more kids and substituting more liberally. Some have said they are using this as a spring training for their underclassmen, like spring games other states use. They actually believe this will help their team and the kids retain things with less time between this season and the fall (less layoff time) and they think they might be crisper sooner next season.

At this point who thinks 2021 will be any different than 2020? Who knows might have full season as long as kids wear 3 masks while playing. 🤷‍♂️

Join the Whigs. We have openings.

Great job collhenrylives. I actually like the Whigs. This is their modern platform;

Ideology. According to the MWP website, Whigs have traditionally stood for representative government, individual liberty, social and economic progress,
modernization, public education, a vibrant legislative branch and ongoing cooperation between the private and public sectors.

Not bad but I would rather keep politics off the board. I come here as a refuge from ongoing political positions. So collhenrylives even in jest it’s not funny.

Last edited:
Like they say, bad publicity is better than no publicly. Bad posts are better than no posts lol.
Post-posts-post-post-posts.....reminds me of a song and how other Covid cave dwellers dealt with the zombie virus quarantine

Relax, have some coffee or a beer .....only about 120 more days till workouts start for next season

Last edited:
Reactions: MC415
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT