ADVERTISEMENT

A NorCal desert

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
With the 2021 NFL college draft having concluded, one stunning result stands out like a nudist at an Amish picnic: NorCal colleges had a grand total of six players selected, five from Stanford and one from Cal. San Jose State, UC-Davis, Fresno State (OK, we are being geographically kind here) and Sacramento State all had no one chosen at all. Perhaps this was an anomaly. One does wonder if it's something more.

There were five FCS players drafted this year and six drafted last year. Including Davis or Sac State doesn’t make a lot of sense. They aren’t on the NDSU level.

It’s really Cal and Stanford that produce NFL players, and Stanford had a good year with five drafted and five signing as UFA.

In years gone by (and perhaps beyond the memories of some of the younger folks on this site), San Jose State and Fresno State produced NFL players on a fairly regular basis. So did Cal, of course.

In years gone by (and perhaps beyond the memories of some of the younger folks on this site), San Jose State and Fresno State produced NFL players on a fairly regular basis. So did Cal, of course.

Cal still has 28 active players in the nfl so most younger folks would remember they also rank #2 behind Bama in career earnings at 820 million dollars !

Cal still has 28 active players in the nfl so most younger folks would remember they also rank #2 behind Bama in career earnings at 820 million dollars !

Thanks in large part to Aaron Rodgers

There were five FCS players drafted this year and six drafted last year. Including Davis or Sac State doesn’t make a lot of sense. They aren’t on the NDSU level.

It’s really Cal and Stanford that produce NFL players, and Stanford had a good year with five drafted and five signing as UFA.
Hard for me to assign Jabril Cox to LSU

Reactions: mistark
Hard for me to assign Jabril Cox to LSU

Normally I would agree with you but his numbers the one year he was at LSU are respectable. My son played against him in one game when Cal Poly traveled to NDSU. Junior probably got some hits on Cox, I doubt he pancaked him. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: concrete17
Thanks in large part to Aaron Rodgers

Rodgers, Goff, desean Jackson, Marvin Jones, Alex Mack, Mitchell Schwartz, Alex Mack, Cameron Jordan, Tyson Alalu, Keenan Allen all making or have made gigantic money

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT