ADVERTISEMENT

Adams Out Rocklin

Jason Adams is out at Rocklin. His outburst after the Whitney game probably the reason.

Or not.

All indications thus far are that he stepped down voluntarily. That’s what JoeD is reporting.

I know a few players on the lower levels, next time I see them I’ll ask if they know anything.

But the early reports are that he stepped down and wasn’t fired. Possibly to be a fan and watch his son play w/o distraction. Who knows. He’s coached his son’s youth team all the way up the ladder til HS.

Maybe @WWHS44 knows the details?

What was the outburst?
According to the Sac Bee:

"...Adams let his emotions get to him after a season finale against rival Whitney. He bristled that Whitney players stood on the block R at midfield before kickoff, though some Whitney parents were blue in the face on social media insisting that never occurred. Rocklin rolled 31-3, and the Rocklin players responded by racing to midfield to wave off the Wildcats after the game.

Adams then responded to the barking of a Whitney assistant coach by barking even louder, and that cost him. Adams was suspended by Rocklin administration for it, meaning no player workouts, and he apologized, as did the school through an email to Whitney administrators. Rocklin and Whitney are a simmering, sometimes boiling, rivalry that leads to a lot of tension in the stands and on social media."

Reactions: Bubba3000
I was at a the game and although I didn’t see what transpired, I trust Joe D and Sam salerno at the Bee to report facts.

Fact - Whitney came out pregame and taunted the home team by taking over the R at midfield.
Fact - Rocklin Coach used a swear word when responding to Whitney’s coaching staff.

Was Adams swearing wrong yes. But he was responding to one of their coaches. Will the kids survive a grown up using an fbomb? Probably, at least let’s hope for Whitney’s sake. Whitney and Rocklin have a rich rivalry and both teams have history here.

Obviously football teams take pride in their logo. It is a unwritten football rule to not stand on the home teams logo. A former De la salle player should know that. But it is what it is, I would much rather play for a coach that at. s#@#s lightning and craps thunder, is fire and brimstone and all heart. My word, god help this generation...

Last edited:
I was at a the game and although I didn’t see what transpired, I trust Joe D and Sam salerno at the Bee to report facts.

Fact - Whitney came out pregame and taunted the home team by taking over the R at midfield.
Fact - Rocklin Coach used a swear word when responding to Whitney’s coaching staff.

Was Adams swearing wrong yes. But he was responding to one of their coaches. Will the kids survive a grown up using an fbomb? Probably, at least let’s hope for Whitney’s sake. Whitney and Rocklin have a rich rivalry and both teams have history here.

Obviously football teams take pride in their logo. It is a unwritten football rule to not stand on the home teams logo. A former De la salle player should know that. But it is what it is, I would much rather play for a coach that at. s#@#s lightning and craps thunder, is fire and brimstone and all heart. My word, god help this generation...

Thanks for the recap.

Count me in with the group that believes this isn’t that big a deal. I’ve seen a lot worse chirping and behavior at most games I’ve been to. Hell, I witnessed worse at the youth level between Whitney and Rocklin.

I remember Grant Union taunting Rocklin players during warm ups of the 2009 Playoff game. I didn’t think that was a big deal then and don’t see this as a big deal now.

I witnessed bad blood between Norm Ryan and Casa Roble and Mike Dimino and Del Campo for many years. This doesn’t come even close to that.

It’s a rivalry game. One that Whitney hasn’t won very often. But they did last postseason. When Rocklin lost a lot of their key players. I’m sure the $#/t talking has been nonstop from the Whitney side ever since and it carried over to this game.

There’s nothing wrong with passion from both sides.

In this case, the rivalry extends well beyond the players and coaches. All the parents know each other. Much of the rivalry extends from that. I saw it first hand in 2008 when Whitney’s youth program first got started. But I digress.

There wasn’t a bench clearing brawl. No helmet tossing. Just some passionate chirping.

That $#/t happens most every big game. Both rivalry and playoff games alike. Down to the youth level.

Not a big deal to me.

Last edited:
I think the picture posted answers to all questions....The entire second half had WHS coaches barking across the field...The game was over at HT. As the game ended an attempt was made to use RHS end zone for after game speeches....that got cut off.....from what I heard it was a few WHS asst and hangers on their sideline plus parents....for all of you who have no clue...Coach Adams is very passionate. He is the coach that rips your kid at practice and then comes to the house and sits with him at dinner and explains life....my kid could play for him any time he wanted him.....shame it has come to this....

Never understand high school coaches who berate referees, players or other coaches (including their own). Plenty of 'em to go around who are still coaching, too.

I think the picture posted answers to all questions....The entire second half had WHS coaches barking across the field...The game was over at HT. As the game ended an attempt was made to use RHS end zone for after game speeches....that got cut off.....from what I heard it was a few WHS asst and hangers on their sideline plus parents....for all of you who have no clue...Coach Adams is very passionate. He is the coach that rips your kid at practice and then comes to the house and sits with him at dinner and explains life....my kid could play for him any time he wanted him.....shame it has come to this....

To be clear, because I’m not sure my last reply was, I don’t condone any of the antics WHS allegedly committed — from standing on the midfield logo to high jacking the end zone speech.

My comments were in defense of Jason Adams. And the spirited and passionate chirping between both teams and staffs.

That stuff is gonna happen. Happens all the time. I don’t see it as a big deal.

However, as someone that has coached both in HS and at the youth level, the incendiary nonsense by Whitney (or any program for that matter) isn’t something I’d ever buy into or be a part of. It’s completely un-necessary.

They might as well tore up and pissed all over the visiting locker room after the game. It would have been just as ‘classy’.

I only defend the good spirited and passionate part of a rivalry such as this. As long as it doesn’t include physical altercations and outright disrespect in terms of actions on and off the field — I don’t take issue with it.

Last edited:
To be clear, because I’m not sure my last reply was, I don’t condone any of the antics WHS allegedly committed — from standing on the midfield logo to high jacking the end zone speech.

My comments were in defense of Jason Adams. And the spirited and passionate chirping between both teams and staffs.

That stuff is gonna happen. Happens all the time. I don’t see it as a big deal.

However, as someone that has coached both in HS and at the youth level, the incendiary nonsense by Whitney (or any program for that matter) isn’t something I’d ever buy into or be a part of. It’s completely un-necessary.

They might as well tore up and pissed all over the visiting locker room after the game. It would have been just as ‘classy’.

I only defend the good spirited and passionate part of a rivalry such as this. As long as it doesn’t include physical altercations and outright disrespect in terms of actions on and off the field — I don’t take issue with it.
Agreed. Damn, we are soft as a society now. Education especially. I know these kids and an f-bomb doesn't even phase them.

Reactions: ThunderRam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT