ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama Offers

Crocker is an absolute beast. Kid probably has a 40+ inch vertical. He is on an absolute different level.

Reactions: coachlittle
Folsom- There s a lot of truth to that. He is as good as they get. Williams will be making a lot of money in the NFL very soon. Special talent.

Do you guys see him as a left tackle or right tackle in NFL? His big physical presence reminds me of 90's Cowboys right tackle Erik Williams

Crocker is an absolute beast. Kid probably has a 40+ inch vertical. He is on an absolute different level.

I hadn't seen Inderkum play last season until the playoff game at Jesuit. I remember going into that game not expecting them to have much of a passing attack based off of stats on maxpreps. I was wrong.

Crocker was hands down the most dominant player on the field that day. I think what impressed me the most is how effortlessly athletic he is. There were multiple plays where Cotton would just throw it as deep as he could, each time I thought he'd overthrown everyone by several yards, but each time Crocker would run under it with ease on his way to the end zone.

I got home that day and checked the recruiting websites and I was surprised to see he wasn't rated by anyone at that point. I'm glad he's finally getting the recognition he deserves.

Crocker had a broken collar bone and missed weeks 1-7? Cotton played with a broken thumb on his throwing hand suffered vs Elk Grove week 0 in 1st qtr, Falo played QB for Cotton vs American Canyon (never took a live snap before that week). Croker was our back up but was out, that game was ugly! Crocker could be a stud QB!

Williams from Folsom is the most dominant player I have seen on film in a while from Sacramento. His name belongs in the mix of greats to come out of Sac in recent years (Onterio, Briggs, Stallworth, Bruschi)

Dude had a full beard in high school! Same with Cameron Smith

Look out on Sundays! I hope the Niners get him!

Some crappy team will draft him really high. Too bad for him he won't end up somewhere good like Dallas. As a life long Pokes fan, I'd love to see him with a star on his helmet replacing long in the tooth right tackle Doug Free.

Some crappy team will draft him really high. Too bad for him he won't end up somewhere good like Dallas.
Dallas has a great o line already. But you're right, he most likely doesn't go to a great team. I feel if the Niners win a few games this year they will be up and coming and this situation wouldn't be bad at all.

Dallas has a great o line already. But you're right, he most likely doesn't go to a great team. I feel if the Niners win a few games this year they will be up and coming and this situation wouldn't be bad at all.

True but those guys don't stay young forever. I think Jonah would be an outstanding left tackle in the NFL and due to his size, strength and nasty attitude, he can be a downright dominant right tackle. Will Williams be entering the 2018 draft?

True but those guys don't stay young forever. I think Jonah would be an outstanding left tackle in the NFL and due to his size, strength and nasty attitude, he can be a downright dominant right tackle. Will Williams be entering the 2018 draft?

I think he has to stay for 3 years which would put him in the 2019 draft.

Do you guys see him as a left tackle or right tackle in NFL? His big physical presence reminds me of 90's Cowboys right tackle Erik Williams
no way to know, linemen are all big, fast, strong and move around as team needs, Williams is average NFL height/weight, which for ya'll is huge

no way to know, linemen are all big, fast, strong and move around as team needs, Williams is average NFL height/weight, which for ya'll is huge

You're right, he is average height and weight for an NFL tackle. My son told me Jonah bench pressed 485 his freshman year at Bama.

Reactions: Renegade4Life
He is a beast. He will MORE than hold his own on Sundays. To think this dude was smackin around St. Mary's Stockton just a few years ago...........
yeah he will be doing that, NFL is his future, just a whole nother world when everyone is his size or more, I'm considered tall at 6-2 but they all are 6-5 plus, how many that tall you know, not many right?

His name belongs in the mix of greats to come out of Sac in recent years (Onterio, Briggs, Stallworth, Bruschi)

Those certainly are the marquee names. I saw all of them play a lot, and even scrimmaged against one of them. They were all men amongst boys. So was Jonah Williams.

I'd add Matt Barnes and Aaron Garcia to the list too. Until Jake Browning came along, Garcia was the best QB I saw since Troy Taylor. He threw for 3500+ yards and 40 TD's back in 1987 when NOBODY was doing that. Amazingly, he accomplished that in just 9 regular season games and 3 postseason games. And Matt Barnes caught a ridiculous 28 TD's on only 58 receptions in 1997.

Two honorable mentions are Tony Cline and Jason Fisk from Davis. They won section my senior year and are still among the most dominate lineman I've ever seen from the greater Sacramento area. Both played in the NFL for a number of years.

Last edited:
Isaah Crocker from Inderkum and Isaiah Rutherford from Jesuit. Seems like they've been recruiting Northern California a little harder than usual. Guessing maybe that's because of Tosh Lupoi being on the coaching staff.

Getting an offer from Nick Saban is certainly very impressive, especially someone from this area. Speaks volumes. I just hope Urban Meyer and my Buckeyes are paying close attention to these kids too.

I cant put Matt Barnes on that list. He had advantages but Stallworth and a couple other guys made him a complete non factor.

DE-ake8UwAEBK9r.jpg

He also offered this 2019 QB out of Chandler.

yeah he will be doing that, NFL is his future, just a whole nother world when everyone is his size or more, I'm considered tall at 6-2 but they all are 6-5 plus, how many that tall you know, not many right?

For the most part you're right about size. However, many guards and centers in NFL are between 6'2-6'4". A real freak of nature is 6'1/2" Patriots guard Shaq Mason

Last edited:
Reactions: Renegade4Life
I cant put Matt Barnes on that list. He had advantages but Stallworth and a couple other guys made him a complete non factor.

You're only remembering the 1st matchup that season and not the playoff game 4 weeks later when Barnes beat Stallworth for 2 scores.

Onterrio Smith got shutdown by Elk Grove and didn't score a single TD. Jake Browning under performed against DLS not once but twice. But that didn't make them lesser players because of it. Sometimes a player is only as good as the talent that surrounds them -- especially when facing elite talent. That's why football is the ultimate team sport.

Barnes averaged over 19 yards per reception and over 2 TD receptions per game. He certainly wasn't a non-factor very often. Besides, a WR is always at the mercy of his QB and whether that QB has time to throw an accurate pass.

How many people have done what Jonah Williams has done as a Fresh at Bama? This guy was called at weekly in the SEC as either a player of the game or major contributor. He is on everybody's all american team this year as a true soph. He is the best lineman I've ever seen in person period at the HS level. The kid who played for pleasant grove (ammstead) and now on the niners was hyped a lot more but can't hold this kids jock. He will be a stud in the NFL as well. You can't teach what he has. A motor, desire, size, and strength. He wants to punish people.

How many people have done what Jonah Williams has done as a Fresh at Bama? This guy was called at weekly in the SEC as either a player of the game or major contributor. He is on everybody's all american team this year as a true soph. He is the best lineman I've ever seen in person period at the HS level. The kid who played for pleasant grove (ammstead) and now on the niners was hyped a lot more but can't hold this kids jock. He will be a stud in the NFL as well. You can't teach what he has. A motor, desire, size, and strength. He wants to punish people.

Armstead is a defensive lineman. Obviously, Jonah has a ton of talent and technique but what I love most about his game is the level of nasty he plays with.

If i remember correct wasn't that game in the rain . Also i remember a guy from valley autuan simmons (USC) guarded barnes pretty well in the playoffs . e

It was a 'mud bowl' game. But that didn't affect Lance Briggs at all, who had 148 yards and 4 scores. But one faced a much tougher defense than the other and played with better surrounding talent, which was kinda my point.

The Valley game was in '96 during Barnes JR. season. That Valley team was pretty darn good despite losing Damon Wheeler to graduation and had speed all over the field. They nearly fought back from a 31-7 deficit against eventual section champ Grant earlier that season. Simmons was a beast.

The kid who played for pleasant grove (ammstead) and now on the niners was hyped a lot more but can't hold this kids jock.

That's a hyperbolic statement, especially considering that Armstead is playing and succeeding in the NFL. Armstead was quite a player in HS and college too. While Jonah Williams might be a better prospect and could end up a better College/NFL player, your statement is a bit over the top.

Armstead converted to D line in college at Oregon. He was naturally a better O-lineman in HS. Look it up. Armstead didn't do squat at Oregon. He hasn't done anything in the NFL. Succeeding? Are you kidding? My buddy works for Niners and says he soft. He has great size and chip Kelly loved 6"6-6"8 d lineman who could run with long arms. Williams is as for sure of a thing as there is. He will be an impact player in the NFL. You guys are not very smart if you think otherwise. He is re-writing the books at Alabama. Last I checked Saban sends a few guys to the league every year.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Succeeding? Are you kidding? My buddy works for Niners and says he soft.

He's in the league, playing and drawing a hefty paycheck isn't he? That's succeeding to most.
BTW, unless your buddy's name is John Lynch, nobody cares what he thinks.

Williams is as for sure of a thing as there is. He will be an impact player in the NFL. You guys are not very smart if you think otherwise. He is re-writing the books at Alabama. Last I checked Saban sends a few guys to the league every year.

You seem to be arguing with yourself here. Nobody stated otherwise. But go ahead and carry on.

Reactions: romezzy2577
He's in the league, playing and drawing a hefty paycheck isn't he? That's succeeding to most.
BTW, unless your buddy's name is John Lynch, nobody cares what he thinks.

You seem to be arguing with yourself here. Nobody stated otherwise. But go ahead and carry on.
Going to have to agree with Bob here. Armstead is soft and can't get down low that's why he can't ever get any penetration. He plays way too high and has bad balance. This was a Baalke era pick, as he was in love with his size and athleticism and felt they could mold him into an Aldon Smith esque type player (same body type). The problem is that you don't draft people purely on body type and potential. You draft on body of work and odds of being good in the NFL. Armstead is a project. Williams will not be a project. Drawing a paycheck is irrelevant.

Reactions: Bubba3000
Going to have to agree with Bob here. Armstead is soft and can't get down low that's why he can't ever get any penetration. He plays way too high and has bad balance. This was a Baalke era pick, as he was in love with his size and athleticism and felt they could mold him into an Aldon Smith esque type player (same body type). The problem is that you don't draft people purely on body type and potential. You draft on body of work and odds of being good in the NFL. Armstead is a project. Williams will not be a project. Drawing a paycheck is irrelevant.

When it comes to defensive ends throw body types out the window. First and foremost a burning desire to get to the quarterback is where it's at. It can't be coached and a great example of what I'm talking about is Charles Haley.

When it comes to defensive ends throw body types out the window. First and foremost a burning desire to get to the quarterback is where it's at. It can't be coached and a great example of what I'm talking about is Charles Haley.
Charles Haley had some of the greatest balance I've ever seen as a DE. He could get down low or counter, and go up high. He had the burning desire to get to the QB. Armstead looks like he could care less half the time.

Reactions: Bubba3000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT