ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama Offers

New You didn't go there? C'mon Al Bundy. Lol

YOU brought it up because you felt cornered in the argument. I have said on here multiple times. HS is fun and all. But if your hanging on to HS as the main dance and don't realize the bigger picture, you are really just a coach at Polk High with Al Bundy.

Not a priority is put on reading comp in the foothills I see. Those quotes you posted of mine don't say or imply I went to, played for, or have any ties to DLS.

With all due respect, arm strength is about both. If you have to throw the fade, you need to get it up and throw if far. As to zip or ball speed, I would agree that it is important to be able to drive the ball to reduce the window of time the DB or LB has to close on the pass.

I understand this it's why I pointed out it not how far or high he can throw it. Of course touch/timing passes count. But if he can't throw that out on a line at next level it's a wrap. It don't matter if he can chuck 55 yards down the middle of the field. He highlight tape was full of high deep passes and fades. Peach bowl he struggled getting ball to edges as it was in air to long. His tape doesn't show great arm strength at this point.

Remember when the 49ers passed on Aaron Rogers because of a "hitch" in his throwing motion? They thought it hurt his release and overall arm strength. Same flawed logic.

People get way too caught up in looks. Same logic allowed so many teams to pass on Tom Brady.

I know it's crazy how teams look for what they know. It's not like they are making million dollar investments or something. Why not look for the 4'8" WR who runs a 5.6 40 with great hands?

Spot on. It goes both ways. It's so funny to me. Either they throw too soft with too much touch or too hard. But for some reason, the NFL guys fall in love with the guys that throw rocket line drives, despite the flame out percentage.

What's the difference in flame out percentage between rocket arm and weak arm? Simple fact is most QB's flame out when they get to next level because again as I noted must be able to throw every route in the tree. Then if you can do that be able to digest a NFL defense and all they bring in split second. Then be able to take the beating, etc.

Not a priority is put on reading comp in the foothills I see. Those quotes you posted of mine don't say or imply I went to, played for, or have any ties to DLS.
I never said you went there or were affiliated. I simply pointed out that you brought it up. Which was random. But you did. Lol.

What's the difference in flame out percentage between rocket arm and weak arm? Simple fact is most QB's flame out when they get to next level because again as I noted must be able to throw every route in the tree. Then if you can do that be able to digest a NFL defense and all they bring in split second. Then be able to take the beating, etc.
Being a QB in the NFL is all about timing. What coach you get. What team you go to. What kind of team is behind you. The system you're in. It has little to do with arm strength. I think we'd all agree QBs like Joe Montana didn't always have the best arm. That's why I think it's funny when people mention Jake not having the greatest arm. As of now, he has a better arm than many NFL QBs.

Will he succeed? Tough to say. But I will say the same things people are saying now, are the same things people said about him coming out of high school. He just keeps on winning. Washington isn't exactly a powerhouse. But all he does is win. That you can count on.

The holder of nearly every national HS passing record PROBABLY doesn't have a weak arm. Lol

Being a QB in the NFL is all about timing. What coach you get. What team you go to. What kind of team is behind you. The system you're in. It has little to do with arm strength. I think we'd all agree QBs like Joe Montana didn't always have the best arm. That's why I think it's funny when people mention Jake not having the greatest arm. As of now, he has a better arm than many NFL QBs.

Will he succeed? Tough to say. But I will say the same things people are saying now, are the same things people said about him coming out of high school. He just keeps on winning. Washington isn't exactly a powerhouse. But all he does is win. That you can count on.

The holder of nearly every national HS passing record PROBABLY doesn't have a weak arm. Lol

Sigh the game has changed since Joe M. Played. His HS accomplishments mean nothing in terms of NFL, but even those records are on their way to falling to the kid at MD. And that kid plays much stiffer comp week after week. And people mention his arm strength because that what is seen, questionable strength, what they aren't allowed to question things about him?

Oh I encourage you to question. You just join everyone else who keep disappearing when he succeeds. The kid has like a winning percentage of 98 percent. Lol. He could start over most NFL backups right now even with his "suspect arm" Lol.

Norcal peeps just get all weird about his success and even Jonah Williams because they passed up a lot of "good HS players" from big HS programs, on their way to CFP primetime.

They just keep winning.......

I have already said I hope he succeeds. Also not sure if you know this but "backups" don't start. It why they are called backups. And I haven't seen anybody here question Jonah period not in the slightest. That's simply your insurity about everything and anybody Folsom. Questioning a QBs arm strength, accuracy, reads, etc, goes with the position. Only you and again your insecurity about everything Folsom see it this way. And I'm not sure why you think Folsom doesn't fit into the "big HS program" category here but hey that's your thing. Probably because deep down inside you know tucking tail and hiding from the program was bush league. But it got you boys a state title.

The whole folsom sensitivity is even more weird when you find out the guy went to piner high. Fight on prospector pete!

This is funny because I've been in Folsom a few times a month recently and wanted to look him up. I though he was MIA. He came back as a new poster?

Norcal peeps just get all weird about his success and even Jonah Williams because they passed up a lot of "good HS players" from big HS programs, on their way to CFP primetime.

So it wasn't big when Jonah and Browning played there by your comment above. But they became big only last year after they left. Seems legit, Either that or its just your inferiority complex rearing it ugly head again. I tend to think it the latter if you ask me.

So it wasn't big when Jonah and Browning played there by your comment above. But they became big only last year after they left. Seems legit, Either that or its just your inferiority complex rearing it ugly head again. I tend to think it the latter if you ask me.
No need for any personal. It's just HS football. This is supposed to fun. My kids had a blast in the program. I hope for all to be able to experience something like that.

No need for any personal. It's just HS football. This is supposed to fun. My kids had a blast in the program. I hope for all to be able to experience something like that.

I'm not making anything personal. I'm trying to figure out wtf you are talking about. You prattle on about nonsense and imagine things that aren't even being said, and all of it about or around Folsom and it's former players. Nobody has questioned Jonah yet you act like he has been slighted. Questioning a QB isn't anything new yet you make it out as jellousy because Folsom isn't a big time program, but then it is a big time program. You make no sense it's like debating a child.

Not sure what ya mean Eagle.....This cat Folsombulldog is the old G61 who does nothing but run his mouth. Wants to feel the program is the best in NC but he can't get over being blasted by DLS. Soon it will be Cap. Christian he wont be able to get by......it is what it is...

Peach bowl he struggled getting ball to edges as it was in air to long. His tape doesn't show great arm strength at this point.

Gotta be able to drive the ball to be sure. But you are talking about Alabama's defensive front 7 against Washington's OL. Not like you are going to get your first read a lot. My memory of that game was a lot of hesitation as to the first read and having to dump it elsewhere before he got hammered. And, let us not forget he had a shoulder injury at the time. Still, when I compare how Jake Browning performed against the Alabama defense to what Max Browne (USC) did, Jake was night and day better. And Max is a guy that was the #1 QB recruit in the country, had four years at USC, and could throw the ball 75 years easily.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Gotta be able to drive the ball to be sure. But you are talking about Alabama's defensive front 7 against Washington's OL. Not like you are going to get your first read a lot.

Yep which is the closest we can get to seeing him against NFL quality comp. So it's a great place to start the evaluation.

Unless you assume the WA OL is not a NFL quality OL

Really doesn't matter does it? QB's that are good get drafted early by team that aren't that good. Thus they probably don't have very good lines. That defense, and pressure was about as close to a NFL simulation as we have to evaluate him at this point. While it wasn't terrible there was clearly work that's needed, and questions are valid.

Really doesn't matter does it? QB's that are good get drafted early by team that aren't that good. Thus they probably don't have very good lines. That defense, and pressure was about as close to a NFL simulation as we have to evaluate him at this point. While it wasn't terrible there was clearly work that's needed, and questions are valid.

You have a good point there to be sure. I think, with elite teams, Jake is seeing the time condensed for getting the ball out. He'll just have to adjust to it.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
You have a good point there to be sure. I think, with elite teams, Jake is seeing the time condensed for getting the ball out. He'll just have to adjust to it.

And again that's a valid question. Can he adjust? Its why every aspect of the QB position is hyper evaluated at the next level. Miss on a kid and it sets teams back years. Just waisted a high draft pick, money, etc, on a kid that's a bust, questionable arm strength, slow release, small hands, slow reads, didn't take snaps under center, etc................ Scratch your head all you want evaluators look at everything. I also want to say it's not being a hater or negative I would love to see him succeed at next level. Just calling it like I have seen it.

Really doesn't matter does it?

Yes, I believe that it does.The talent that surrounds a QB has always mattered. Furthermore, the talent gap between Alabama's lines and most other teams they play is much greater than the talent gaps between NFL teams. There is so much more parity in the NFL. Because of that, your comparison is a bit off target, IMO.

Yep which is the closest we can get to seeing him against NFL quality comp. So it's a great place to start the evaluation.

I don't believe you can get an accurate evaluation of a QB when the o-line is as overmatched as Wash. was against Bama. In the NFL, most worthwhile QB's look pretty good when they have time to throw. Conversely, most QB's look pretty bad when they don't.

I don't pretend to know for certain whether Jake Browning will succeed in the NFL or not. None of us know that. There are just too many factors that can go one way or other. One of which is going to the right team and the right system. But having said that, I feel confident in his chances. The kid has been groomed since he was 12 or 13 by a former NFL QB that knows what it takes to get there and is one of the better QB coaches around. And, most importantly, he has the necessary talent and work ethic to take the next step. While that guarantees nothing, it surely helps.

Yes, I believe that it does.The talent that surrounds a QB has always mattered. Furthermore, the talent gap between Alabama's lines and most other teams they play is much greater than the talent gaps between NFL teams. There is so much more parity in the NFL. Because of that, your comparison is a bit off target, IMO.

I don't believe you can get an accurate evaluation of a QB when the o-line is as overmatched as Wash. was against Bama. In the NFL, most worthwhile QB's look pretty good when they have time to throw. Conversely, most QB's look pretty bad when they don't.

I don't pretend to know for certain whether Jake Browning will succeed in the NFL or not. None of us know that. There are just too many factors that can go one way or other. One of which is going to the right team and the right system. But having said that, I feel confident in his chances. The kid has been groomed since he was 12 or 13 by a former NFL QB that knows what it takes to get there and is one of the better QB coaches around. And, most importantly, he has the necessary talent and work ethic to take the next step. While that guarantees nothing, it surely helps.
I will have a second helping of that! Good stuff Thunder.

People only see a small sample size and take it and run. The kid has blown up everywhere he went. Impossible to know in regards to the NFL due to all the other factors, but he's got just as good a shot as anyone I've seen.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT