ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama Offers

Yes, I believe that it does.The talent that surrounds a QB has always mattered. Furthermore, the talent gap between Alabama's lines and most other teams they play is much greater than the talent gaps between NFL teams. There is so much more parity in the NFL. Because of that, your comparison is a bit off target, IMO.

First off of course talent matters and never tried to imply it didn't. But we are talking about translating to a NFL team. So odds are he isn't going to a team that's very good unless NFL teams don't think he has the "it factor" they look for. So let's say he does. He would be going in the top third of the draft to a team in the bottom third of the league. They would probably be in the bottom third for a reason. Now I love how everybody here just discredits Washingtons line as terrible, they were #4 in the nation for Christ sake. Now sure Bama was #1 at the time but the difference between 1-4 isn't all that great. And probably much like the difference between top third and bottom third in the NFL. What the game gave us was a chance to see how he handled pressure, accuracy under pressure, etc........... You can discount it all you want as not valid and blame his teammates, but it's a good look at where he is at and what needs work.

First off of course talent matters and never tried to imply it didn't. But we are talking about translating to a NFL team. So odds are he isn't going to a team that's very good unless NFL teams don't think he has the "it factor" they look for. So let's say he does. He would be going in the top third of the draft to a team in the bottom third of the league. They would probably be in the bottom third for a reason. Now I love how everybody here just discredits Washingtons line as terrible, they were #4 in the nation for Christ sake. Now sure Bama was #1 at the time but the difference between 1-4 isn't all that great. And probably much like the difference between top third and bottom third in the NFL. What the game gave us was a chance to see how he handled pressure, accuracy under pressure, etc........... You can discount it all you want as not valid and blame his teammates, but it's a good look at where he is at and what needs work.
No one said his line was bad. Bamas line was elite. And if you are basing a decision on a kid like that, that was excelled at every level, based on a CFP football game, against Bama, one of the best defenses in the nation, that's pretty bad....

He ran for his life all night. You could have been Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers behind UW and they still would have gotten dominated. Your story is just an excuse to discredit a local Heisman hopeful because of whatever bizarre reasons.....just give the kid some respect and move on. He's Local! Lol

Let's support each others players. I know I root for all local norcal kids in college and the pros regardless of where they went. Anything less is just petty. No QB at any level is perfect. EVERYONE needs work. Even Tom Brady.

How many NorCal kids are starting at CFP D1 teams at QB? And starting since they were freshman....................some perspective for all of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL
No one said his line was bad. Bamas line was elite. And if you are basing a decision on a kid like that, that was excelled at every level, based on a CFP football game, against Bama, one of the best defenses in the nation, that's pretty bad....

He ran for his life all night. You could have been Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers behind UW and they still would have gotten dominated. Your story is just an excuse to discredit a local Heisman hopeful because of whatever bizarre reasons.....just give the kid some respect and move on. He's Local! Lol

Let's support each others players. I know I root for all local norcal kids in college and the pros regardless of where they went. Anything less is just petty. No QB at any level is perfect. EVERYONE needs work. Even Tom Brady.

How many NorCal kids are starting at CFP D1 teams at QB? And starting since they were freshman....................some perspective for all of us.

Again for the unteenth time I have said I hope he succeeds and does well at the next level. But for sake of evaluation yeah I would look at the Bama game tape. Accuracy was spotty, Arm strength looked suspect. As for your claim of excelled at every level he struggled pretty hard against DLS if memory serves me right. Your problem is your blind Love\support for anything Folsom. If it's not all praise in your eyes it's hating, gloom and doom, wishing failure, etc.....Grow up bud. Kid has things to work on, he isn't perfect. If you think my critique is hard wait until the league gets hold of him. Also remember this every QB that has been Drafted into the NFL has had success at every level they played. It's just the nature of the beast. And the odds of success for those QB's hasn't been that great has it?

Good. And thank u. Go Jake!

You wouldn't have to thank me. If you read my posts on the subject from the start I have been very clear I support the kid. That doesn't mean I won't critique him either. Oh and I don't support him because he is Norcal, I support him because he seems like a good kid, with good character.

I would look at the Bama game tape. Accuracy was spotty, Arm strength looked suspect.
Did you watch any other games for reference? If so, please reference here.
As for your claim of excelled at every level he struggled pretty hard against DLS if memory serves me right.
Again- so only one game he struggled in? That's a nice compliment considering he played in the best league in Norcal. I don't know if you could associate the word "struggle" in a career where he set every state and national passing record.

From your evaluation, he seems to be doing pretty good. 2 bad games isn't so bad over the course of about 5 years.

If you read my posts on the subject from the start I have been very clear I support the kid
Good. Your support will be greatly relied upon in NYC during the Heisman selection show.

Last edited:
I haven't read every post in this thread so maybe this has already been mentioned, but didn't Browning have shoulder surgery after the season? A shoulder injury would help explain the lack of arm strength later in the season.

Hopefully he comes back 100% from that. Apparently shoulder injuries are the toughest for pitchers to come back from, but I'm not sure if that's the same for quarterbacks.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
My support would have no bearing on Heisman trophy. And I also watched SC and Stanford games. But again my critique is pretty much inline with what many scouts are saying/writing. He is currently being ranked 5-8 best QB in next years draft depending on where you look. It is what it is man.

I haven't read every post in this thread so maybe this has already been mentioned, but didn't Browning have shoulder surgery after the season? A shoulder injury would help explain the lack of arm strength later in the season.

Hopefully he comes back 100% from that. Apparently shoulder injuries are the toughest for pitchers to come back from, but I'm not sure if that's the same for quarterbacks.

Yes he had surgery.

Good points. I didn't want to bring that up in this forum due to the sensitivity some people have in hearing excuses. A wise person once asked me- r u hurt or are you injured?

The only thing that's missing from these responses is ballinplayin365 to randomly show up and accuse me of going to Serra High School in the 70s.

I believe it was found out you, G61 went to Piner High in Santa Rosa.....no matter what QB you have, Folsom has NEVER beat DLS......They got their arse whooped up and down the field......kinda like Bama did to Washington.....
What is L67? Isn't Pioneer in San Jose?

Why the anger WWHS? I like to keep the positive talk going about the success of our local kids here and at the D1 level. We should be proud! Our guys are tearing up the next level. Something to be proud of.

Go Jake and Jonah!

Last edited:
What is L67? Isn't Pioneer in San Jose?

Why the anger WWHS? I like to keep the positive talk going about the success of our local kids here and at the D1 level. We should be proud! Our guys are tearing up the next level. Something to be proud of.

Go Jake and Jonah!

Especially two kids who didn't come from "big HS programs"

Go Jake and Jonah!

No doubt they are great players and i wish them and there families nothing but the best but lets not forget the outstanding job the coaches at Folsom have Done . Win and its the players lose one games and its all the coaches fault . I tip my hat to those guys to do what they have done its simply not an easy task .

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Again for the unteenth time I have said I hope he succeeds and does well at the next level. But for sake of evaluation yeah I would look at the Bama game tape. Accuracy was spotty, Arm strength looked suspect. As for your claim of excelled at every level he struggled pretty hard against DLS if memory serves me right. Your problem is your blind Love\support for anything Folsom. If it's not all praise in your eyes it's hating, gloom and doom, wishing failure, etc.....Grow up bud. Kid has things to work on, he isn't perfect. If you think my critique is hard wait until the league gets hold of him. Also remember this every QB that has been Drafted into the NFL has had success at every level they played. It's just the nature of the beast. And the odds of success for those QB's hasn't been that great has it?
Yyou7u

Williams is awesome! At least he is done playing Tagaloa and Asiasi of DLS, who put such a whipping on Folsom for two years, and would have done so if they played the third year.
You don't have to create a new handle to post on here. Enjoy watching Jonah on Sundays. I know I will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT