ADVERTISEMENT

Alonzo Washington (De La Salle) commits to Humboldt State

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
De La Salle 2021 small forward Alonzo Washington has committed to Humboldt State. The 6-foot-5 Washington has the strength and quickness to play either forward spot and has expanded his game out to the perimeter.

Cool!

(Of course, the news I'm waiting to see is all about Emmanuel Callas...)

I saw somewhere, I think maybe at West Coast Elite's site, that Callas had a 4.3 GPA at the time the page went up, so unless WCE is puffing that up, grades ain't an issue.

I saw somewhere, I think maybe at West Coast Elite's site, that Callas had a 4.3 GPA at the time the page went up, so unless WCE is puffing that up, grades ain't an issue.
Doubt it kiddman. Just a Real “tweener” at 6”4-6”5. His guard play is much improved and no doubt he would excel in the right program. He’s been around d1 kids his entire life and has more than held his own. Guys like this I want in my team. Winners.

yeah, agree about the tweener part. He'd probably have plenty of offers with the same skills at 6'8".

But in the right spot, he'll excel. One thing: He's one of the strongest kids his size I've seen in quite awhile. Hard as heck to get him off his spot.

@streak what do you think? Personally I would love to see a program like Chico state sign him. And there is no doubt he could play for sac State.

@streak what do you think? Personally I would love to see a program like Chico state sign him. And there is no doubt he could play for sac State.
I think he is a low D1/high D2 guy. Basketball things working in his favor are his shooting and the fact he has played well against good competiton. I think D2s should be all over him and D1s should be involved if they have space.

I think with the roster situations and transfer portal, the bar has been raised on what a D1 HS player looks like.

It's just a case of bad timing for alot of 2021 graduates with the NCAA granting the athletes another year coming out of the pandemic there are just not as many scholarships dollars available.

Reactions: larry legend33
It's just a case of bad timing for alot of 2021 graduates with the NCAA granting the athletes another year coming out of the pandemic there are just not as many scholarships dollars available.
Excellent points. I do know he has high d2 interest.

when you think you are D1 (which he should be thinking) you hold off on a D2 offer until all things exhausted. thats what is going on here

Chico State likes him. But they have used up all there allotments for Scholorships. He would have been a nice fit there.

Here's wishing you great hoops

Reactions: larry legend33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT