ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have a player we should watch?

Rocknrolus 95361

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Sep 10, 2021
Mine so far? Nicholson #20 Manteca. This kid runs he catches good hands! Hard to tackle on offence. And tackles hard on defence! My team Oakdale? No stars. Just a team!

Reactions: larry legend33
I’m basing my answers on unsung kids not ranked or generally hyped.

Acevedo for cardinal newman. Jr RB and LB is absolutely a beast. Throwback player. Probably a d2 college player because he lacks great size but at Hs level dominates.

Catchings oak ridge rb. Workhorse for Trojans. Tough as nails.

The folsom Kicker. Sorry don’t know name but what a weapon. Automatic touchbacks on kickoff.

So many more but these I recall as of recent.

Reactions: 3Yards&ACloudOfDust
Laird Wheeler Junior starting left guard at SRV. Good feet, strong lower body and a nasty attitude

Santino Acevedo - Cardinal Newman. Plays LB and RB but next level is probably Safety. Speed, tough nosed, hard hitter.

Santino Acevedo - Cardinal Newman. Plays LB and RB but next level is probably Safety. Speed, tough nosed, hard hitter.
Haha. I said same thing. Can he play d1 in your opinion? I wasn’t sure he’s got the size. But I’m not sure there is a kid who has done more on both ends of the field for his team in norcal. (So far)

Reactions: 3Yards&ACloudOfDust
I noticed Sac State's DL Jett Stanley, former Heritage player had six tackles against Cal. My nephew coached him and his twin brother in HS and says he has a nasty attitude.

Last edited:
Couple of under the radar guys I have seen this season that have impressed:

Blake Nichelson Manteca: Big, tough runner who can hit big play.

They are D1 commits, but Justin Eklund and Daimone Perkins are really good pickups for the Spartans. Both are better than I thought.

Tyler Hoffman San Ramon Valley: Has had a really good year at TE/DE

Darian Leon-Guererro Vacaville: Starting to get more buzz, but good back for Vacaville

Reactions: Three Bears
Couple of under the radar guys I have seen this season that have impressed:

Blake Nichelson Manteca: Big, tough runner who can hit big play.

They are D1 commits, but Justin Eklund and Daimone Perkins are really good pickups for the Spartans. Both are better than I thought.

Tyler Hoffman San Ramon Valley: Has had a really good year at TE/DE

Darian Leon-Guererro Vacaville: Starting to get more buzz, but good back for Vacaville
Nicholson is scary good if you know your team is playing against him!. The architects of the VOL this year nailed it! Normal year CC is Oakdale is last league game. This year from watching games I personally think the Oakdale v Manteca will be for all the marbles. I see this year like the year Oakdale lost 2 games both to CC one in league other in section final. This year Oakdale like that year team. No stars, just all in team players. OKG is a state of mind. Oakdale kids are a reflection of Trent Merzon! He builds men for the community that play football. That's the beauty of small town football. Not a football player in HS. Track guy but my coaches were football coaches too.
I am not a HS football expert. But I know my friend alway make fun of how boring wing--T is. I get it an offence based on a 3 yard gain. But when it works, not boring at all! Check out Oakdale highlights on Maxpreps. Not boring this year! Typical Oakdale team under sized but scrappy

Haha. I said same thing. Can he play d1 in your opinion? I wasn’t sure he’s got the size. But I’m not sure there is a kid who has done more on both ends of the field for his team in norcal. (So far)
I coached Ace a couple years ago in youth football. The kid lead us to a national championship appreance in Canton Ohio. Playing against kids with 100lbs on ours. The guy can play D1 no doubt in my mind. Hes the best football player to come out of the North Bay in years.

Cal High has a stud slot receiver named Jake Calcagno that’s one of the best in the area, but due to size I doubt he plays D1 or any other level in college.

I coached Ace a couple years ago in youth football. The kid lead us to a national championship appreance in Canton Ohio. Playing against kids with 100lbs on ours. The guy can play D1 no doubt in my mind. Hes the best football player to come out of the North Bay in years.
I hope you’re right but I’ve seen plenty of crazy good players at the youth and high school level that didn’t pan out in college. What’s his position, height, weight and 40 time?

I hope you’re right but I’ve seen plenty of crazy good players at the youth and high school level that didn’t pan out in college. What’s his position, height, weight and 40 time?
Absolutely. Happens all the time. But this kid is special. He was kicking 40yd field goals in 7th grade. OLB and RB. Hes always been a gifted runner. We also had Kai Hall who is at St. Vincent now, whos now a 2* RB. Ace was always more natural on the field. Both extremely talented though.

As far as I know. Hes 6'0 190+ lbs now as a Junior. He ran at the 4.8s level in middle school. So I can only imagine hes a solid 4.6 now. I see him as a hybrid style OLB at the next level. Or safety.

Reactions: Bubba3000
Also, there's this freshman playing for Paul Cronin at Windsor HS now. Hayden Anderson. He plays WR and DB. Probably their best player on Varsity as a freshman. Extremely fast and tough with great size. 6'1 and 180 i believe as a freshman. His Older brother is a sophomore and plays QB on JV. Who is 6'2 215. Both great players since youth football.

Reactions: concrete17
I’m basing my answers on unsung kids not ranked or generally hyped.

Acevedo for cardinal newman. Jr RB and LB is absolutely a beast. Throwback player. Probably a d2 college player because he lacks great size but at Hs level dominates.

Catchings oak ridge rb. Workhorse for Trojans. Tough as nails.

The folsom Kicker. Sorry don’t know name but what a weapon. Automatic touchbacks on kickoff.

So many more but these I recall as of recent.
When you refer to the Folsom kicker, I wonder if you meant to say the DLS kicker. I mention this because the DLS kicker consistently put his kick offs in the end zone and also kicked a 43 yard field goal. I saw that the Folsom kicker opening game kickoff was returned 90 yards for a DLS TD.

Also, there's this freshman playing for Paul Cronin at Windsor HS now. Hayden Anderson. He plays WR and DB. Probably their best player on Varsity as a freshman. Extremely fast and tough with great size. 6'1 and 180 i believe as a freshman. His Older brother is a sophomore and plays QB on JV. Who is 6'2 215. Both great players since youth football.
The kids from Texas? They are legit.

I saw Hayden play basketball in Middle School. He lead Santa Rosa Middle School (perennial seller dweller) to their first title in over 30 years. He will likely start as a freshman on Windsor’s Varsity basketball team as well. The kid is an athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT