ADVERTISEMENT

Best unsigned player list...........

Here is an updated list (in no particular order) of a few still riding under the radar......

But there is at least a dozen or so more. Keep sending other worthy 2018 class players.

Taisia Fleming - Salesian High
Lexie Romero- San Ramon Valley
Mikaela Bismillah- California High
Gabby Edmonds - California High
Madison Baxter - Foothill High
Mikaila Wegenke - Heritage High
Regan Wiedenfield - Livermore High
Celeste Almendarez - Edison High
Lea Anderson - Grace Davis High
Bailey Jones - Castro Valley
Bianca Greer - Castro Valley
Vivian Woo - Castro Valley
Aubrey Wagner - Campolindo High
Raina Smith - Sared Heart Cathedral
Shardee Williams-Antioch High
Aliz'e Roland-Ygnacio Valley
Ikeysha Smith-Elk Grove
Kelsey Forrester-Davis
Delia Moore-Golden Valley
Chanel Stuart-Brookside
Tiana Lowery-River City
Leah Walton-Carondelet
Grace McGuire- Campolindo
Rachael Rogers- Los Molinos
Ashley Johnson- Pittsburg High

Last edited:
I usually don't post on the boards either but feel I can add a player flying under the radar, possibly because we moved last year. My daughter Hailey McCoy moved to SoCal last season (Mission Hills HS) but she definitely would fit on this list. When in Nor Cal she was always in top 20 of her class. She helped Mission Hills win the San Diego Open Section scoring 26 and having 10 rebounds in final. She was top 15 in her class for Cal Hi Sports the last two seasons for the state. Over 1,000 points scored and a overall record in 3 years of 90-8 or something like that. Played her freshmen and sophomore year at Oak Ridge and was SVC MVP her Sophomore year. She has a great resume and stats but yet seems to be overlooked by many of the colleges because she may not pass the eye test and is only 5'10''. She is also ranked #1 in San Diego for 2018 class yet only one girl in that class is committed thus far.

Reactions: Paytc and jstblev
I usually don't post on the boards either but feel I can add a player flying under the radar, possibly because we moved last year. My daughter Hailey McCoy moved to SoCal last season (Mission Hills HS) but she definitely would fit on this list. When in Nor Cal she was always in top 20 of her class. She helped Mission Hills win the San Diego Open Section scoring 26 and having 10 rebounds in final. She was top 15 in her class for Cal Hi Sports the last two seasons for the state. Over 1,000 points scored and a overall record in 3 years of 90-8 or something like that. Played her freshmen and sophomore year at Oak Ridge and was SVC MVP her Sophomore year. She has a great resume and stats but yet seems to be overlooked by many of the colleges because she may not pass the eye test and is only 5'10''. She is also ranked #1 in San Diego for 2018 class yet only one girl in that class is committed thus far.

Thanks for the post. I'd be surprised if she is flying under the radar. Though I haven't personally seen her play, I'm well aware of her being considered a talented player. I'm pretty sure 5'10 is not considered too small to play guard which I believe she plays? Has Hailey considered attending a college in the Southern California area? I would think she is at least on the Southern Cal/ San Diego radar. If not hopefully we can help put her there.

Keep the recommendations coming. Thanks !

Thanks for the post. I'd be surprised if she is flying under the radar. Though I haven't personally seen her play, I'm well aware of her being considered a talented player. I'm pretty sure 5'10 is not considered too small to play guard which I believe she plays? Has Hailey considered attending a college in the Southern California area? I would think she is at least on the Southern Cal/ San Diego radar. If not hopefully we can help put her there.

Keep the recommendations coming. Thanks !

Here is an updated list (in no particular order) of a few still riding under the radar......

But there is at least a dozen or so more. Keep sending other worthy 2018 class players.

Mikaela Topper - Pinewood
Ma Layne Barnett-Antioch High
Ikeysha Smith-Elk Grove
Kelsey Forrester-Davis
Chanel Stuart-Brookside
Tiana Lowery-River City

Topper graduated and is currently a freshman at Williams College in MA.

Don't sleep on 2020 Malie Williams. Offers rolling in and Team USA and ESPN top tier talent.

Good for Malie Williams. I am looking forward to seeing her ball. We will look out for her in the years to come and wish her all the best. But this thread is for senior young ladies who are due to graduate in 2018. We also noticed several have plugged a few 2019 players. They all have a bit more time and will get their shine on with a thread for their own class. Again this one is dedicated to the under dogs and best unsigned players in the 2018 class.

Keep the names of players under the radar in the 2018 class. The list is starting to come together nicely.

Last edited:
Topper graduated and is currently a freshman at Williams College in MA.

My bad. Not sure how Topper was placed on the list if she has graduated. Good for Topper ! All the best and continued success for her. This again is a thread for the 2018 class.

Like the homie Keith Sweat said "Lets keep it coming " with worthy 2018 class names. Thanks for all the help. Many more out there deserve to be recognized.

Last edited:
You guys should take a look at two of the most impactful guards in Northern California, Leah Walton from Carondelet and Grace McGuire from Campolindo. Leah has some amazing handles and plays with a lot of heart and you can always count on her to lead her team against the toughest of opponents. She has a great Basketball IQ and an unteachable sense of the game. Grace on the other hand, has amazing resilience and is a great playmaker. She never backs down from a challenge.

Reactions: Paytc
I'm up here in the Northern Section (3 hr drive from SF and 3 hrs from Oregon) so truly NorCal and there are a couple 2018 kids who have D-1 talent and have not yet signed.

Sirena (Peanut) Tuitele - Pleasant Valley - JBS
Rachael Rogers - Los Molinos - Chico Blazin Heat

Peanut has several offers and has lined up some official visits. Clemson, TCU, Utah, maybe 1 or 2 more, just can't remember.

Rogers plays at a D-6 HS but can flat-out ball, I think she made the CalHi Junior All-State team.

Trafficman21 and hardwood junkie123,

Thanks for your feedback. Of course I'm pretty close to one on the list but have to agree she like many others has been overlooked.

Peanut I think is already recognized by most in the Norcal media and would fall under one of the "Best unsigned" players.

I was not really aware of Rachael Rogers but will be looking out for her. Leah and Grace are definitely under rated players. Solid players starting on solid teams and playing well in the process. I know there are quite a few more talented 2018 players still under the radar.

We can tell this is an important and popular topic by the number of folks responding and looking into the topic.

So let's keep the names coming ! Thanks Paytc

Last edited:
Remember the best look for the best team players. Players who understand the game. Those who care more about winning and playing as a team, than it just being about them scoring points alone. And they like players with great attitudes. Players that understand the difference in confidence and selfish ego. So even if the 2018 player you mention plays in a system or team that doesn't develop or encourage the player to score points, or if they don't play for a well known winning AAU Club team.... or highly visible and winning High School...... or for an elite coach..... If they're a good player lets showcase them anyway.

Here is the opinion of one of the best........

Winners like Geno can spot a winner. Lets put a few more on his and others radar.

Keep the 2018 names coming so we can spot light more of them in their final season.

Thanks, Paytc

Last edited:

The college coaches and scouts know. There are very few surprises. And there are loads of scholarships available due to the happy demands of Title 9 that literally force colleges to use those stipends to meet their federal requirements for female athletes.

The college coaches and scouts know. There are very few surprises. And there are loads of scholarships available due to the happy demands of Title 9 that literally force colleges to use those stipends to meet their federal requirements for female athletes.

Yeah college coaches and scouts definitely know about those who have been over hyped and/ or brought onto the media radar. But if you were to ask the families and/ or the so call "few surprises" if they think they belonged or appreciated being recognized their senior season, the few would say "please by all means, do acknowledge our value and hard work".

So that is what we are doing. We want to recognize as many hard working young talented players as possible their senior year. Especially the so call "very few" that don't play for a highly visible AAU or high school team. Or who don't play for an elite coach who is good at developing and exposing the talent and skill the young player(s) have. To the under served or those under the radar even one left off the list is too many. "there are loads of scholarships available due to the happy demands of Title 9 that literally force colleges to use..." That sounds great !

So I will be keeping this list open till the start of the season to allow as many under served children to get recognized their senior season as possible. I know there are quite a few more young ladies out there who have put all kinds of work in with little to no payoff. Many more deserve to be recognized their senior season. So by all means keep the names coming.

And may all the talented young ladies who have been working hard, whether they have been recognized or not, have an amazing senior season.

Paytc

Last edited:
Let's keep the focus on the kids. Especially the class of 2018 since they are seniors. Here again is the type of player(s) the best want to recruit. So if you know these type of 2018 players or any good player riding under the radar list them here. Here is what Geno looks for.......

Well, first off my sincere condolences and prayers go out to Cardinal Newman High School and families. Napa, Santa Rosa, Sonoma, Mendocino, and all the communities and people directly impacted by this Northern California firestorm. We are all either directly or indirectly impacted. With the off and on high winds things are pretty unpredictable. So many natural disasters and lack of the type of leadership to focus and prioritize the efforts needed to unite America together in a time where more love, compassion, and empathy for all those who are suffering is needed. People are suffering and need help that should be a priority. At least 40 deaths. Let our Bay Area communities find a way to help ourselves and not rely on Federal assistance that may or may not come through. Prayers go out to all !

Next congratulations to all the young players who have recently signed a commitment to play college basketball.

And finally we want to continue to support and put a spotlight on more of the 2018 graduating class. I am gathering a list to help more hard working talented Northern California girl basketball players get an opportunity to play at the next level. Please let us know of others who have been overlooked by our local and national media.

Thanks Paytc

Last edited:
Well, first off my sincere condolences and prayers go out to Cardinal Newman High School and families. Napa, Santa Rosa, Sonoma, Mendocino, and all the communities and people directly impacted by this Northern California firestorm. We are all either directly or indirectly impacted. With the off and on high winds things are pretty unpredictable. So many natural disasters and lack of the type of leadership to focus and prioritize the efforts needed to unite America together in a time where more love, compassion, and empathy for all those who are suffering is needed. People are suffering and need help that should be a priority. At least 40 deaths. Let our Bay Area communities find a way to help ourselves and not rely on Federal assistance that may or may not come through. Prayers go out to all !

Next congratulations to all the young players who have recently signed a commitment to play college basketball.

And finally we want to continue to support and put a spotlight on more of the 2018 graduating class. I am gathering a list to help more hard working talented Northern California girl basketball players get an opportunity to play at the next level. Please let us know of others who have been overlooked by our local and national media.

Thanks Paytc
Last call for under the radar 2018 players before tipping off the season. Here is the latest list. Please let me know who I left off.......

Ikeysha Smith-Elk Grove
Kelsey Forrester-Davis
Chanel Stuart-Brookside
Tiana Lowery-River City
Leah Walton-Carondelet
Grace McGuire- Campolindo
Rachael Rogers- Los Molinos
Ashley Johnson- Pittsburg High
Jaliah Williams- Edison

Last edited:
Nice list ... thanks. Hopefully all those girls, and more, have a chance to play in college.

Reactions: Paytc
not sure if you want some of these girls that have signed still on this list??

M. Baxter-Foothill ( UC San Diego)
C. Almendarez-Edison (CSU Monterey Bay)
L. Anderson- Grace Davis (CSU Dominguez)

Ill add one more Jaliah Williams ( Edison)

not sure if you want some of these girls that have signed still on this list??

M. Baxter-Foothill ( UC San Diego)
C. Almendarez-Edison (CSU Monterey Bay)
L. Anderson- Grace Davis (CSU Dominguez)

Ill add one more Jaliah Williams ( Edison)

It's ok to put players who have signed on the list as that is the goal. It's all about acknowledging some that have not been given much credit for the work they have put in and the talent they have. Some will play at the next level and some won't for a number of reasons. But since it's their last year I think they should get a little shine on the way out. Thanks for adding to the list !

Reactions: CoachDViks
After watching the SJND vs Carondelet game I thought we should add another class of 2018 player to the list flying under the radar.

So here is an updated list that I hope to have included in future columns that put the focus on class of 2018 players who are flying under the radar. If you know of anyone else please share her name with us. Thanks !

Brianna Claros- Pinewood