ADVERTISEMENT

Big Doubleheader in Mudville, er, Stockton Tuesday

6 pm St. Mary's v. Pinewood in Girls Open
7:30 pm my Campo Cougars take on St. Mary's in Boys' D2.
Site: Delta College

Me like doubleheaders... Me like Campo... Me like Open Division, boys or girls... Me go there!

Still think the best high school basketball game that I've ever seen was the 2015 Girls State Open Championship - Mater Dei v Stockton St Mary's. Mater Dei was loaded with Katie Lou Samuelson HS National Player of Year then went on to star at U Conn and a PG who was incredible. That being said - St Mary's beat them in an incredible game.

Second game of the night on the agenda was BOD with Rabb/Austin taking down Mater Dei in the Boy's final. Great day of basketball at UC Berkeley.

As Siri likes to say, “Arrived...”

30 minutes til the girls game... As some said might happen, only one side of the bleachers are out. The benches and scorer table all by their lonesome on the other side.

Even with only half the seating, this place is probably big enough...

The rim on one end could use some leveling work... Otherwise this place ain’t bad.

Girls game was terrific, Pinewood coming out on top... Description on Girls forum.

Anyway, Here we are in a jam-packed single side of the Delta gym...

Can my Marvelous Munchkins pull off another big win? To do so, they’re gonna hafta reverse a January game where St Mary’s won by 6 at Campo.

I missed that one due to the flu bug. Y’all know that had to be one nassssstyy big to make me miss a Campo home game...

17-8 Cougars, a nearly mistake-free first quarter. Rams’ sixth man crowd pretty quiet...

Game getting physical and chippy, refs trying to cut that out with whistles. 33-23.

Mahaney again with twisting bucket to end 3rd... Did I mention he’s been awesome?? 48-44 Cougs end of 3

Huge 3’s each way.... and the Coug 3 got fouled... Guess who, Mahaney.... Butt he misses tying FT...

#21 had a chance to ice but missed both FT’s... Mahaney races down court but loses the rock. SM wins 67-65 :(

Great game... Props to St. Mary's for survive-and-advance...

Also, huge props to my Campolindo Cougars, aka the Marvelous Midgets of Moraga... Tough munchkins from the streets of Moraga... All that... Just a GREAT season!

Reactions: espot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT