ADVERTISEMENT

Cal high going down down hill

Aug 13, 2017
hello ladies and gentlemen first time poster here on NCP always would love to read and hear about all the local highschool sports news! As you can see my caption is about cal high (as well as my name) but I just wanted to inform you all about what is happening to this football program. I've been a long long time fan of cal high football dating back to the Sanchez days who my son had played for during his senior year. And when Coach billeci took over the program was and is still Great! But there's something unfortunate happening at cal high. See even when my kid graduated I would still love to go to the games and watch just because they are so much fun to go to! have a few brews before the games with some of my pals then go watch. But after this past season at cal high everything has gone down the drain and it's not because of the coaches or players for that matter but it's because of what the cal high administration is doing to the program. This new principal of this school is a total wack job and I believe she is always after billeci and the football team. For those of you who don't know this past football season she suspended Coach billeci for making a chant at another player against foothill which I understand a grown man shouldn't be doing that but I think the punishment wasn't totally fair for Coach billeci I've heard so many great things about this man and I hear all the players talk about how amazing of a Coach he is. And when he got suspended I heard a lot of the football player parents we're not happy and they tried standing up for Coach billeci and they marched down to her office to talk to her but she hid from all the parents and completely blew them off talk about a great principal right? Running from the parents....grow up! But it doesn't stop there this lady has the nerve to start breathalyzing at football games!? Are you kidding me ??? Who cares if the kids wanna have some brews before a game it's highschool people!! And it doesn't stop there she would never show support for the football program at all! I always saw principal cortti at both home and away games ! Also let's not forget this people the legendary cal high announcer bill chestnut has to resign of his duties and this is all because of the administration that man has given so damn much to that program and this principal says pack your bags! Hearing that made me absolutely sick to my stomach that they would ever do that to the man. I know lots of parents with kids who currently play football and they all tell me how this new principal is crazy and they all want her out! They also tell me that she just tries her best to mess with billeci! I wouldn't be surprised if billeci leaves after next season that man deserves so much better with a school and faculty that supports his squad. My apologies for the long rant but I'm just so fed up with this! Does any other cal high footballs fans have anything to say about this? would love to hear from all you guys an gals! Happy football season and cheers to you all
-calhighguy456

Not familiar with situation but let me see if I follow correctly. New admin suspends coach for acting like a child when he is supposed to be a mentor and a teacher and you have a problem? New admin refuses to hear hear out parents on situation because I assume issue is internal decision and decision was made. New admin has also taken steps to try and curb student drunkenness at games and this is also a issue for you. You'll forgive here if I don't quite understand your problem. Coach B. Is lucky I wasn't in charge because I would have probably fired him for his actions. In terms of minors being drunk at school functions/facilities does that even need a explanation? Maybe it's time to just grow up and leave HS, it sounds like your son did.

Reactions: sarpar and FBAddict
Thank God there were no breathalyzers used at my alma maters basketball games, I was lit for nearly every one of them!

In all seriousness, it's sad what's going on over at Cal High under the current principal. I applaud EB for keeping his cool and it will be a sad day when he leaves.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Certainly nowhere near as sad as the day Sanchez left. He took a bottom feeder program and brought them to the brink of history faster and more times than the likes of some hallowed names in EBAL history- Bergman, Sweeney, Sira.

HS coaching is a thankless job. So there's a certain respect for that. If your kid(s) didn't play for both regimes there's no point in comparing.

Certainly nowhere near as sad as the day Sanchez left. He took a bottom feeder program and brought them to the brink of history faster and more times than the likes of some hallowed names in EBAL history- Bergman, Sweeney, Sira.

HS coaching is a thankless job. So there's a certain respect for that. If your kid(s) didn't play for both regimes there's no point in comparing.

I wasn't comparing the two. I hear what you say and to a degree you are correct regarding comparisons. The list of parents that have boys that played under both coaches is a pretty small fraternity

It is always a problem when key school officials fail to be supportive, and even antagonistic, of their own school sports program. Such leaders should try to promote their school extracurricular activities regardless of their own preferences. After all, they are responsible for the reputation of their school from many interest fronts. I feel you concern...

BUT...
But it doesn't stop there this lady has the nerve to start breathalyzing at football games!? Are you kidding me ??? Who cares if the kids wanna have some brews before a game it's highschool people!!
-calhighguy456
...IMO you don't help your own cause by causally promoting teenage intoxication at a school-authorized event. It may be heavy handed to use breathalyzers at the FB games, but you should not condone underage drinking and you should not insinuate that key school officials should take a "Who Cares' attitude about these types of behaviors at their school. Of course it happens and maybe you did those same things as a high school student, but don't imply that a school employee or adult supervisor at a school sanctioned event is wrong for taking action against such behavior.

Keep your central message clear.

Reactions: northbayfb
I'm not encouraging the use of alcohol at games but I have been to many Cal High football games and I don't remember seeing one incident involving an intoxicated student

Ya'll know administrations bare the brunt of athletic programs, most don't like em, too much work outside normal hours, some get it tho, but sorry cal hi is headed downhill

The problem at Cal High doesn't just lie with the principal, the Athletic Director is a major yes man

Cal is up 27-0 at the half vs James Logan. Cal running the ball at will, and undisciplined Logan getting penalty after penalty. Could be another long year for Logan.

lol I read this post and thought he was being sarcastic... there is literally nothing wrong with the principal from the points you stated...and anytime a person in power makes a tough decision involving suspension's there is going to be irate parents at the high school level. honestly thought this was a joke post. cracking down on underage drinking at school events and suspending a coach who made a mistake. The principal is not crazy ....you are lol.

Reactions: Ca. Football rules
Taunting 16-17 year old high school kids...underage drinking...just ignore all that as long as it means your high school football team wins more games, right?

Cal is up 27-0 at the half vs James Logan. Cal running the ball at will, and undisciplined Logan getting penalty after penalty. Could be another long year for Logan.

Final score was Cal 44 Logan 13. I didn't see any breathalyzers, but they weren't allowing backpacks into Ernie Berger, as about 75 were kept at the front gate.

The Grizz looked great Friday night on both sides of the ball, but it's hard to tell based on Logan. The back to back games against SRV & Foothill at the end of September will be a much better bellwether on how their season will go.

Logan on the other hand completely fell apart last season with an incredibly tough schedule after losing their coach and then the tragic death of a teammate. They'll need to regroup from this debacle in a hurry, as they face 2016 Open teams Pitt and Freedom the next 2 weeks. 0-3 is on the horizon. They may need to go back to a normal MVAL schedule if they don't show some life.

Final score was Cal 44 Logan 13. I didn't see any breathalyzers, but they weren't allowing backpacks into Ernie Berger, as about 75 were kept at the front gate.

The Grizz looked great Friday night on both sides of the ball, but it's hard to tell based on Logan. The back to back games against SRV & Foothill at the end of September will be a much better bellwether on how their season will go.

Logan on the other hand completely fell apart last season with an incredibly tough schedule after losing their coach and then the tragic death of a teammate. They'll need to regroup from this debacle in a hurry, as they face 2016 Open teams Pitt and Freedom the next 2 weeks. 0-3 is on the horizon. They may need to go back to a normal MVAL schedule if they don't show some life.

I was at the game and left after three quarters. I saw all those backpacks at the gate. I was happy the Grizzlies won but two things stood out to me. Logan only had about 22 undisciplined players that were sucking air and I actually thought the Grizzlies looked a bit soft up front. Hoping for the best for CHS.

I was at the game and left after three quarters. I saw all those backpacks at the gate. I was happy the Grizzlies won but two things stood out to me. Logan only had about 22 undisciplined players that were sucking air and I actually thought the Grizzlies looked a bit soft up front. Hoping for the best for CHS.

Hopefully they just looked soft because they didn't need to do much on either side of the ball to dominate. Traditionally the Grizz are anything but soft up front. I don't think EB will put up with soft.

Hopefully they just looked soft because they didn't need to do much on either side of the ball to dominate. Traditionally the Grizz are anything but soft up front. I don't think EB will put up with soft.

Yes I hope I'm wrong. They are lighter in the shorts up front than usual.

Pancaking a DL is eye candy on film. 1315.1 dealt with D Wynn outgunned in every category except leverage. Did well against the future Beav/Brown/Argonaut.
OL is mostly about leverage, at least in HS.

Last edited:
Reactions: observer22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT